OS
    Android

Damage reduction questions

So there a few means to reduce allies damage, some questions around that:
    1. If a skill says 'reduce allies damage by x', does it also reduce their own?

2. Is there a cap on how dmg can be reduced? Say i have of GPD (allies have 35% dmg reduction) and random others with talismans like Ragnarok (allies have 60% dmg reduction), Destiny (iirc, allies have 20% dmg reduction) and Celestial (iirc, allies have 30% dmg reduction after first round)... by my crappy math, thats 115% on round 1 and 145% after that. Theoretically... that team, bearing no passive disables are in play, would be quite literally invincible.

Obviously, its not that easy, cant be. I still get destroyed by teams i know dont have passive disable. What am i missing? Do things like stun, sleep, or silence impact passives/talisman passives like Ragnarok? Do certain damage types (maybe true?), buffs, dots, perfect-something?, marks, or penetration play a role? Quite curious.

I am at the odd place of destroying most regular content and some of the frontier dungeons (trooper, trooper respite (can farm madbess but insanity), LOL XIV and lower (cannot seem tonfarm XV), frozen wasteland, and a couple others. Farming things like labyrinth, ravens altar, eternal, powerslave seem out of reach. I am relatively new, have a couple 2* awakened toons (cyborg eddie and alchemist) and a lot runes/shards/etc. (just low on 2* colorless), as well as some nice characters like GRE, DDE, Alexander, the killer, killer beast, liliths (blue, purple, gold), nomad, christ ghosts past, present and future (all of whom rock for me). Some nice talisman sets too, like ragnarok, destiny, viper, limbo, serenity, valhalla, and some good 3* cosmics of carious tiers and color (2x echo, a couple atk x magic, future and gppd color atk, def and hp as well). Most guides point me to toons i dont have (charlotte, prisoner, killer prime, etc.), who are all 'limited time event' or possible frontier store options (not that i can accumulate that much very fast, unless i am missing something). Or, they call talismans like orbit and a few others that seem really rare and hard to get. I did 1500 runs of troopers respite and onky netter 2600 of the 3500 frags needed for one orbit. So yeah, trying to find something work with my roster. Any input you may have on my questions above or situation would be kindly appreciated.

OS
    iOS
    I think there are very good talismans to be had in both the arena store and trooper store shops. For example, Destiny on a blue Lilith is a very powerful thing. I found the Tower talismans to be very useful for a long time. You already have some really good options, and it will just be a matter of doing events and getting good talisman from those events, building your team over time and investing in Relics through the Arena store. The application of effects (and the order of those effects) has never been clear to me or from what I have been able to gather clearly explained. It has been a long complaint about the mystery of effects, particularly passive disable. I would imagine that the effects are applied in some unknown order, but they must be applied on the remainder. For example if there is 60% damage reduction, of the 40% damage that is left, there is then 30% reduction on that remaining 40%. Maybe that brings the net damage reduction down to about 73%.

Alexander, blue Lilith would be my top picks of those you listed. And then maybe you have something to take good advantage of the Valhalla (can't remember if the gunner Christmas ghost can use those). And then a high damage character like the sentinel robot (I'm terrible with names) and then an assassin werewolf. I'd try to get yourself Forge talismans. You're doing quite well with what you have right now, honestly.

OS
    Android
    Last time I read about this, the highest dmg reduction buff was the only one that counted for the char with it. Maybe test with the Arena Defense test mode?
    Edd-6184

Yes, I was the guy with the "now not so meme" arena defense of Shaman Eddie and three ult. Sac. Hearts. Changed a Heart and Eddie

I was gone for like 3 years, still getting used to how the game works now.

OS
    Android
    Awesome feedback, thank you both! I had forgotten about magus lilith, i remember she was a beast when i put a fortune set on her. Others hit harder so she took a back seat, will dust her off!
    Christmas past is 3 purple, present is all about blue, fits a celestial set (though i been putting on a corrupt general instead, and future is all about the reds, can fit viper or Ragnarok. I have a few that can wear the valhalla, cyborg eddie (2* awakened), new gunner woman in uniform, and a gunner minotaur that i never used much (had those valhallas on cyborg).

Will definitely test a bit this weekend and post my findings (if consistent/useful)

OS
    Android
    this was the answer i got from support team on dmg reductionName:  SmartSelect_20200205-201331_Gmail.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  234.1 KB
    Razgriz-1173

OS
    iOS
    I knew damage reduction didn’t stack and was redundant on a toon. Now for the devs to answer whether it’s the same for the entire teams? I believe it is. I think the highest reduction is what counts for those effects as well, so using multiple team damage or single toon damage reduction is redundant. Can a devs luck form this please? Very important to know. Thanks.

EDIT: Also if we could have these sort of things listed in the compendium it would be great. The way the game mechanics work shouldn’t be guessed at. We should know how things are coded to work so we don’t use redundant talisman sets. It would also help players build team synergy on our own based on knowing how things work rather than having to look at damage dealt over many battles and wonder if it’s a bug or by design.

Again thanks!
    Last edited by Zugzwang; 02-07-2020 at 10:40 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreveth View Post
    So yeah, trying to find something work with my roster.

place: what to seek

Trooper dungeon: trooper talisman (5 piece set, grants perfect imunity and ecco to all when the wearer takes damage)

viral dungeon: Viral Eddie (good eddie, strong to a 3* natural. Pretty useful at places with level restriction)

tips:

Relics makes everything easyer and/or faster. The much you play arena and gauntlet, the better.

Sometimes, events wield souls that once opened, drops randon currencie, frontier coins included. We got an event like this this very month (BoS event). As you get most os the toons, you start to acumulate souls, that will help you to play hard events like that an harvast the desirrd coin.

raven's altar becomes waaay easier with orbit talis.