OS
    iOS

Let us see Talismans before fights

It would be way better for all of us if we could see what talismans are on the A.I before fighting them. The best example is for gauntlet as you might need to waste a team just to see what talismans you need to fight.
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    I disagree - part of the fun of Gauntlet is trying to anticipate what talismans might be there. No different than Arena, really, where you can take a loss by a surprise loss because someone's not playing the current meta and is using a clever mix of unexpected talis.

I enjoy the challenge of guessing whether that toon with 3 purple slots might have Starfire, necessitating putting Celestials on someone. Or is it just Forge, necessitating stripping Perfect Heal Shield?

If we knew the talismans before gauntlet battles, it would almost be robotic beating each team - you pick the best counter-talismans for the current opponent, put them on the weakest toons capable of taking the team out, rinse, repeat.
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    a loss in arena is irrelevant. you just go back in with a better team and try again. In gauntlet, a loss is a loss of all those characters permanently. Now... IN THEORY, I agree with you, Disco.... however, when you have a team that has a Musashi in it... do you assume that the DEVS decided to use the T3/Labs and you are going to get wrecked by infinite turns? It should would be nice to know that. Before the Beast was "temp patched" wouldnt it be nice to know if you are facing lantern/warlord?

If the devs were competent enough to be sure to not use bugged characters or talisman combos in their gauntlet teams, then sure, it would be great to just go in blind and guess what they are. But it isnt reasonable with the incompetence we have here.

I would like a way to know what i am getting into before i get wrecked by infinite combos that shouldnt exist in the game.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    iOS
    Actually, Nat, that's a really good point... until they fix the broken toons, seeing what Musashi, Max Cyborg, BHE, etc are wearing would prevent some phones from being hurled across the room. As would seeing if Moonie had Vamp (he usually does), etc...

I'll walk back what I said to apply to if the game were working the way it's supposed to, without so many broken toon/tali combos...
    Proud member of A Really Kickass Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    a loss in arena is irrelevant. you just go back in with a better team and try again. In gauntlet, a loss is a loss of all those characters permanently.
    This is how I look at it too. Can keep trying in Arena until you get it right, you only have one shot in the Gauntlet, and if you mess up your first try, you have fewer options for your second attempt.

A potential compromise between telling us the talismans, and telling us nothing, would be to show us the talisman stat boost when we examine them before the fight starts, the same way we can see stat boosts in PvE content. This would give us a rough indication of what colour talismans they are wearing, and if they have a cosmic. Still plenty of guess-work to determine exactly which talismans they're likely to wear, but could allow for a little more counter-play?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    I have quite a lot losses in my gauntlet runs. Because I have to send in scout team before risking my best chars.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan