Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    I feel these cosmics are trying to add/ revive usage for some older toons (which is good) but does it at the cost of making it a talisman instead of a solid buff
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    It is not only a question of time, but a change in perspective. Although we play against each other in Arena, the forum used to be a place to communicate with each other, help each other and this created a feeling of blood brothers "against the game" and how to beat the game. We still share teams for dungeons and stuff, but still I see a certain tendency. Depending on how the feature will be designed in the end, it could become a lot worse with the clan wars thing as many players seem to share information with their clan members instead of the community to gain some sort of advantage. Makes sense, but is bad for the community. And it has a big potential for bad vibes as we have seen with some recent Arena posts...
    Yes, I agree with this as well. I remember how things changed when Arena launched, and competition between players started to create conflict that hadn't really existed prior to that. I prefer a close and cooperative community working together "against the game" (as you put it), rather than sub-communities working against each other.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    In one aspect yes, clans/discord have detracted from the forum input by several individuals including myself, but it has also hyper-focused interaction within these clans and many who did not post on forums regularly are, for whatever reason, more comfortable sharing information within this smaller outlet. We have dedicated channels to different aspects of the game and they are all actively discussed by almost every single member of the clan.

The forums are slightly outdated in terms of speed of communication and that is just a result of the change in the times. In the past I would post something and then spend the remainder of the day waiting for someone to respond. Now I can post something in my clan discord and get a response within minutes or even seconds.

The forums still have relevance for direct information from the development team, but as far as discussion and application, discord channels are becoming the norm.
    I agree with you too, stormseye. In only a few minutes on Discord, we can cover more ground than is sometimes covered in days here. I don't know what the solution to that is, but I do find it unfortunate that this central and "official" place for the entire community seems to be falling behind a bit.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I prefer a close and cooperative community working together "against the game" (as you put it), rather than sub-communities working against each other.
    But apparently this is turning now, see the post from Stormseye....discord is the norm!

Different channels for different topics? Sounds like a forum to me Yes, it might all be faster and fresh, but man, don't make me feel that old! The game is not our job dear fellas! There is no need to reply within seconds! Checking the forum twice a day should be absolutely enough! I already have enough stress during work, don't need that for a game in addition
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    The game is not our job dear fellas! There is no need to reply within seconds! Checking the forum twice a day should be absolutely enough! I already have enough stress during work, don't need that for a game in addition
    I'm afraid it's too late for me.
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    iOS
    But apparently this is turning now, see the post from Stormseye....discord is the norm!

Different channels for different topics? Sounds like a forum to me Yes, it might all be faster and fresh, but man, don't make me feel that old! The game is not our job dear fellas! There is no need to reply within seconds! Checking the forum twice a day should be absolutely enough! I already have enough stress during work, don't need that for a game in addition
    The problem is that some events have limited time and when you are trying to grind out 3500 frags in X hours/days you need information about what build to use and how to gain the most return for resources invested. Waiting 2 days for forum posts is not going to help. Yes the layout is similar to the forums but on a much faster pace. Speed of Information has become necessity and not novelty.

Also I understand the irony of the speed of replies on this particular topic but this is also way off course of the intention of this post...lol
    Last edited by Stormseye; 02-11-2020 at 09:45 PM.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    The forum is a great resource for new players. Anyone stumbling onto this forum by online searching Legacy of the Beast, can read all the comments and gather a ton of useful tips w/ out even logging in.

I read comments for a month before joining. Then another month before my first post. Then 2 more months before regular posting.

That's mainly why I do the Dungeon Guides.... so newer people can get a peak at the dungeons from my experience.

If everyone ends up in private chats, the general public will be left out in the cold.

I hope way more people are reading these posts than we are aware of.

Stormseye will never know how much info I picked up from his comments when I started, while just being an anonymous fly on the wall.
    If it wasn't for the forum guys, I'd still be doing these LoL grinds manually.
    hahaha
    Last edited by Bakura; 02-11-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    I just reply to show the speed of the forum

Bakura, you really do a great job with all the guides and stuff (together with azgathor (or similar spelling, sorry )! And Stormseye, I also really enjoy your Arena posts, I hope you continue those here in the forum!

We all learn from each other, I was also reading several months here before I joined the forum and apparently lot of folks do that aswell!

I get the positive aspects of discord, but don't let the forum die guys!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    By the way, I noticed a new record for most Forum users online was set recently. For years, the record was stuck on a number set in October 2016. So, hopefully, you're right Bakura, and we have lots of players visiting here often!

Name:  Screenshot_20200211-135359_Photos.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  218.8 KB

And, if you are one of those visiting here often as a guest, please join, so we can get your insights as well!
    druid138-6195
    Sunrise Senjutsu Eddie
    Pity me none
    at the gates of our hell

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post

I hope way more people are reading these posts than we are aware of.
    Even now there are currently 17 forum members and 231 viewing, so this forum is still useful. Like you said, especially for new players.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)