Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    The big draw of the discord chat is the ability to speak "un-moderated"... we can cuss in there.... and gogosox40 can post his daily jogging big lady w/ popping out breastesses .gif

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    gogosox40 can post his daily jogging big lady w/ popping out breastesses .gif
    I can neither confirm nor deny these Clan Secrets....
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    iOS
    Here's the thing about discord...

It gives anyone the power to interrupt you at any time for anything. Or... you simply look like a "lurker" at all times.

I'm typically working when seen at the forums. I can take 10 minutes, check the forums, respond and move on. The interruption is under my control (and often while I wait for other things).

With discord it's REALLY hard to ignore pings or to stay abreast of the conversation. Yes I can mute and ignore pings, but then why be in the chat? I can be there and just be idle.. but I find that sort of "creepy" -- to have someone never participate but always there. (I've always felt that way about any chat system). So If I've loaded Discord I feel obliged to participate in some way. And that simply eats up time. Which means I CAN'T do that while I work. And if I'm not working.. I'm most often not at an internet device other than the iPad running LotB to grind forever.

While I enjoy Discord, it has it's place. And the forums have there place. They aren't really comparable, to me at least. Forums contain a record you can (poorly) search if desired. But Discord allows you to share or discuss things you may not otherwise want to allow everyone (including devs) to know about.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I made the mistake of posting on the Lotb FB page, in response to a gamers comment, trying to help.
    Some high school kid just butted in a attacked me. I posted some replies, but he was being a Troll.

Another time he did it again.
    It didn't stop until I threatened to visit him physically and put my weight training & martial arts experience to good use. His profile showed he was just 4 hours from me & his picture.
    Mine says Bakura Smith and a pic of Eddie.
    I will never try to help anyone there anymore. FB Lotb is only good for event notification & free compensation or ironite info.

They complain so much there, I call it Bitch Book.
    Poor Ceeg gets alot of cr@p from them.

OS
    iOS
    Funny how a many the FB groups hate the forum members. I have run into the same things Bakura. Offer some insight and get hammered by the group. There are some good people there that want to help and then then are those that still have Eternity talismans on Ferryman so.....
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    FB Lotb is only good for event notification & free compensation or ironite info.

They complain so much there, I call it Bitch Book.
    Poor Ceeg gets alot of cr@p from them.
    It's also good for finally getting your tickets resolved. I will wait months with no response but if I complain there all of my tickets suddenly get attention.

Ceeg gets a lot of unwarranted flack but some of it is justified. Downside of FB is it's so instantaneous that he's made mistakes or not even bothered to actually read or properly research before replying.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    What's Facebook???

Oh that's right... one of Zuckerberg's data collecting apps .
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    the reason i prefer discord is pretty simple. I like the people I chat with on discord... you cant filter out all the jackasses on the forums. And there are way too many jackasses.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    iOS
    I am not a freq poster here, but i visit almost every event. So much useful info here from a lot of awesome contributors/players. I have never used facebook.. perhaps because i am too old for that shit or perhaps i hate how nosey, self-righteous and disrespectful facebook users seem to be. Regardless, I hope that the forum continues.... its the only place i bother to look.

On a side note... anyone notice how ridiculous the ironite drops in skull quests are now...? and also daily/weekly dungeons... almost non existent... spend more than you get back. Rather disappointing!!

Anyways... Rock N Roll \m/

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    What's Facebook???

Oh that's right... one of Zuckerberg's data collecting apps .
    Data collecting?
    Did you hear about 4 chinese military soldiers indicted by the U.S. for stealing more than half of the U.S. citizen's SS#'s and credit info by hacking Equifax.
    This is why I maintain bad credit....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    the reason i prefer discord is pretty simple. I like the people I chat with on discord... you cant filter out all the jackasses on the forums. And there are way too many jackasses.
    Don't be so hard on yourself bro.
    lol 😁