Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

What to do with rare souls?

Have a pile of rare souls, around 500. Not sure what to do with those, they've been sitting on the book of souls unopened for a while.

Opening 99 rare souls cost almost 2.5M gold; i already have all 4*-3* possible reward toons, and almost all 5* (except domino and dracula). Chances of a 5* are 1%, and hitting the toons I'm missing would be less than 0.1%.

If rewards for sacrifice were awakening materials (or awakening soul fragments), perhaps I'll consider opening these souls. Otherwise, I believe I'm dumping gold every time I'm opening 99 souls. Then you get epic fragments and souls: more gold dumped.
    What do you guys normally do? let them pile up? or do you believe that sacrifice rewards compensate the gold lost?

OS
    iOS
    I have dumped them before, but only if I really want to build up my mythical stockpile.... and I have a lot of gold hanging around (which is almost never these days since awakening!).

So I let them stockpile. If there comes a sacrifice event that is good, Ill probably turn them into 5* hearts then...
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    I spend the 50 they sometimes allow in the store for event items (wish they'd remove those limits for souls as currency).... and then I dump them when a new character is in the souls. For example, when Domino and Scream Eddie were released I have about 400 Rare souls. Dumped them all.. picked up Scream Ed and 2 Dominos. Much cheaper to spend the 10Mil gold than spend a week grinding an event. But.. the new characters have to be in the souls.. they often are NOT for a while.

I'll also dump them during sac events for fodder.

Otherwise they simply pile up.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    If they don't allow us to get more gold, all kind of souls will keep on stocking, I have 1000 rare souls and many piles from other kind of souls, but don't have the gold to open them. Also they don't create a good sacrifice event to encourage people to use their souls.
    _____________| CLAN |_____________
    👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    Well, once per month you can exchange them for skill shards. Personally, I save them to generate epic souls, and epic souls generate mythic souls, but that's just me, I still lack a lot of 5* toons.

OS
    iOS
    Gold seems to build rather quickly if you aren't spending it on awakening characters

One good way to get gold (and ironite) is to run a mega-refill of SOT and ONLY play Daily and weekly keys. You'll make back the ironite the refill cost you plus more.. and each run in the daily/weekly dungeon gives around 80K+ gold.

In the last 2 days I've done nothing but drop a mega-refill then burn daily keys... I'm up over 700 ironite from where I started and 30Mil gold. -- I think around 12 keys used... I did run a few weekly keys as well.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    shit me ive got like 30 odd daily keys to use up lol

OS
    Android
    When you use them let us know of your rewards. I average between 10-20 ironite per daily key along with other rewards.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Last time I played 3 rare gold souls got no ironite and spend some on refills. Devs always change things that are good for players, like they did with frozen dungeon, have like 30 keys that won't use in long time if ever.

OS
    Android
    R1ck, I found that you may need to run several keys to break even or even gain ironite. If you run a dozen or so you will gain ironite. It just sucks if you get in a streak with no ironite while buying refills. The weekly keys seem to have better ironite drop rates and quantities while costing more SoT each run.

The keys are definetly worth running for the gold and other rewards.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around