Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So tempted

OS
    Android

So tempted

Would like to give a try for the character pack, chance of VHE for 900 ironite. (I still don't have him) Just hate to throw out 900 ironite for 10 3* dupe chars.
    Last 4 times I tried these packs that's all the disappointment I got, and vowed never to fall for it again. Think I'll hold off and save ironite for the next heavy grind for the new top dog.

Got to say it's been a nice quiet month for once. No deadly grinds, nice to build a little resources up. Thank you for the break devs.

OS
    Android
    I forgot who posted this. He posted a sticky by his computer, NEVER BUY BANNER PACKS!.

There are a few who benefit besides the games, but most are truly disappointed. That and event souls are the worst way to spend ironite.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    Yes, you might get lucky, but here are the numbers. Each banner soul has a 1% chance of having the special character, which is like a 9.5% chance at least one of your 10 souls will contain Van Helsing. However, the talismans has a 5% chance, which gives you a 40% chance to get at least one set from each 10-pack. The Banner Packs are rarely worth it if you're going after the characters, but aren't awful for the talismans. And Starfires are incredibly useful. Always be prepared for disappointment though.

This is from the (i) in the BoS which shows the % rates for souls.
    Name:  BannerRates.PNG
Views: 1023
Size:  18.8 KB
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    I've had pretty good luck with banner packs regarding talismans (which is the only reason I'd buy them). Sometimes takes 2 packs and costs 1800 ironite though.

If you've got the ironite.. it's a decent gamble. If you're tight on ironite, butter to not.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    i've bought 4-5 banner packs before his and this is the first time i got the character, i even bought 2 packs to get that g.minotaur. granted i bought it just to try and get a little further in the gauntlet if i got him. good luck if u do end up buying it
    Razgriz-1173

OS
    Android
    "You will miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    - Wayne Gretzsky

Yup is right, if you don't have the ironite to gamble with, it's better to play it safe, cuz that's what this really is.... gambling.

Although, if you really want a character and that's the only way to get him.... go for it. If it doesn't pay off, just be satisfied knowing you tried.

One time I got a banner pack and pulled the main character (G. Heirophant) but no talis.
    I haven't ever tried again... I got lucky the first time, not sure I could get lucky twice.

I think the secret to this gambling is to try it once, but don't waste so much you will regret it.

Good Luck!
    Btw, VHE is one of my favorite toons!
    Last edited by Bakura; 02-26-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura View Post
    "You will miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    - Wayne Gretzsky

Yup is right, if you don't have the ironite to gamble with, it's better to play it safe, cuz that's what this really is.... gambling.

Although, if you really want a character and that's the only way to get him.... go for it. If it doesn't pay off, just be satisfied knowing you tried.

One time I got a banner pack and pulled the main character (G. Heirophant) but no talis.
    I haven't ever tried again... I got lucky the first time, not sure I could get lucky twice.

I think the secret to this gambling is to try it once, but don't waste so much you will regret it.

Good Luck!
    Btw, VHE is one of ny favorite toons!
    I bet Gretzky wouldn't be so optimistic about the matter if every shot have costed third of his money at the moment.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    Android
    I'd wait if I were you. We've seen ramesse, samurai emperor, aces bomber and bounty hunter being released recently and I think that VHE ed too will follow this trend

OS
    Android
    I agree,900 ironite for nothing truly sux. They should at least make whats in the pack worth 900 or better everytime.its a purchase,not an event. So tired of throwing money their way for a one % chance. I got burned on bnner packs twice.never again for me

OS
    iOS
    Should be scaled 900 ironite for

% (large)chance for 0
    % (small) chance for 1-2 talismans depending on the set
    % (smaller) chance for 2-4 talismans depending on the set
    % (smaller still) chance for full set
    % (smallest) chance for full set and character

If they did that I would be more inclined to spend 900 ironite especially if I am lacking 1-2 talismans of the set.
    ...When all you see can only bring you sadness...

...no Brave New World...no Brave New World...

The LAST player in the top end to get Primordials (TM)

Proud member of JomsVikings' Arena Research Lab (JARL)

stormseye-8121