Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    iOS
    I think it’s fine just having the option to say hello and check in with each other. Not everyone wants to sit around and recite the Gettysburg Address to people while playing a mobile game. I’m glad to have some likeminded people who share my love of the game and all, but I get plenty of human interaction throughout my day, so not really looking to Chatty Kathy it up while enjoying my Maiden fix. As far needing some super social media application to handle Clan activities? I may be way off base, but I doubt very seriously it will be thirty player simultaneous action packed battles. It’ll start with “do chore x 10,000 times as a clan”, followed by “take your own personal whack at the big bad raid boss before the weekly timer resets”. I’d be amazed if it were anymore advanced than that. Seriously, we don’t even have real pvp. We have a version of player picked Gauntlet, at best.
    Last edited by Saigrim; 02-28-2020 at 03:33 AM.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    iOS
    I do have to add that the censorship is completely asinine though. Wonder how the boys in the band feel about censorship on any level.
    Saigrim-3244

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    I do have to add that the censorship is completely asinine though. Wonder how the boys in the band feel about censorship on any level.
    With their frequent on-stage mentions of unity and love, they'd probably not be bothered by any sort of policy/feature that prevented people using slurs. As for regular swearing, that's probably more of an App Store rating and classification kinda thing. *shrug*
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    With their frequent on-stage mentions of unity and love, they'd probably not be bothered by any sort of policy/feature that prevented people using slurs. As for regular swearing, that's probably more of an App Store rating and classification kinda thing. *shrug*
    Ah, I wasn’t thinking of store policies. In that particular area I would suspect you are correct. As far as personal attacks via slurs and such, that shouldn’t be allowed in any format.
    Saigrim-3244

OS
    Android
    Only reason I'd want chat to have more characters in the limit is to help out newer players who don't understand certain mechanics. Don't know if y'all knew, but this game can be a pain in the rear sometimes.
    Speediest fingers around.

Account ID: SpeedFinger-4269
    Clan Name: BigIronOnHip

OS
    Android
    50 chars is just a little too short IMO. 100 would be better, esp for those who aren't english speakers (cos of unicode using 2 normal chars for 1 unicode char).

Being able to scroll back in the chat is nice, but I don't see what sets the limit (seems to be 25 or 26 atm for me)? Is this time based, number of msgs based, X messages before the last msg you sent, ???

Having limited reactions to a msg might be useful. eg: You could ask someone to complete something and then hit a button on the msg to effectively say "Done", without having to actually reply (and thereby not using a reply spot).

Do need something that shows up on the main game screens that there's new chat msgs though, without actually showing the clan msgs on the main screens (otherwise it's going add lots more load to the servers). Needs to be different to the usual number marker though, as I might not care as much about clan msgs as other clan things (like check-in).
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War