Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Pharaoh Dog Cosmic Compensation

Everyone needs a cause. Am I right?

So, this issue ^^ was brought up in these forums on the 13th. It has now officially been two weeks (and one major update) since the devs., support, administrators, what have you should have been aware that the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic isn't working.

And I wouldn't care. Except... it's kind of a cool cosmic (in theory). And I picked it over Musashi's Cosmic, because I am a sucker for value (can be equipped to more units) on Gauntlet. And I spent a lot of resources grinding for it, and a lot more maxing it out, assuming it would work. And we all know what a disaster the Musashi Cosmic turned out to be.

(Clearly I made the right choice.)

Since the 13th, I have now sent a total of 4 tickets and published at least 4 posts on these forums about the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic Not Working. For me, it's that sort of a big deal.

Now I'm putting you on notice. You devs. You administrators. You support folk. This is the first time you've ghosted me about a legitimate problem. You've been great in the past! And I'm not having it.

From now on, I will (very civilly) start to publish my tickets as open letters on this forum, and let everyone know whether I get any response and/or what those response might be. If you continue to ignore me, I will (very civilly) take my complaints to the App store. I will publish them in reviews. I may take to Twitter. Or Facebook. I am not bluffing (but I'm not threatening, either... unless you know that the Cosmic Pharaoh Dog Cosmic is broken, and you're worried about embarrassment?).

For the record, my most recent suggestion (in a nutshell) was this:

Allow us to use the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic as in-store currency to recoup the resources we spent on it, seeing as it doesn't work.

That is all. I'll give you a couple days before the open letters start. Let's say, Sunday.

-Fan of the game

OS
    Android
    They care about comments on social networks. Better comment there.
    _____________| CLAN |_____________
    👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Just spam every inbox you possibly can on all networks, they'll figure it out eventually.

Which reminds me....
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    They care about comments on social networks. Better comment there.
    they dont care tho R1ck, i had an issue regarding misleading information for tribute soul, even screen shotted the said description, they ignored my complaints numerous times and just point blank refused to correct the problem even though it was their fault the problem arose. posted numerous comments on their fb page and as always those got ignored too.. all they care about is players spending real money so they can get the resources for blah blah blah item. if its their problem they will just think we will sort it when we can be bothered. the support for this game sucks big time.

OS
    iOS
    I actually got a personal response from support within hours of this posting. Can't say whether it was the carrot or the stick, but it was both welcome and suspicious.

I can say this: The support team for this game is decent or better. I've played game that were languishing, in which the devs. and distributors both were lost to the wind. This team has ... support (for lack of a better word). They have (some) resources and some good PR people.

I've asked permission to quote or summarize the response I received about the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic. In the meantime, I'll simply say what I did and didn't see in the e-mail.

YES:

The devs. know the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic isn't working. What's more, they acknowledge that it is currently possible to disable and perfect disable the character-specific cosmics in general (and it shouldn't be). (This could also explain why i.e. the Alliance General T doesn't work against Cyborg in particular, because Cyborg disables stuff pretty easily.)

NO:

I received no sort of definitive timetable for a fix. A fix may be "coming!" As in, the Isle of Avalon is "Coming in a future update!"

For now, I am determined to be cautiously optimistic.

OS
    iOS
    Good Afternoon Devs., Admins., Support Folk Everywhere:

I realize the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic may not fall under the category of Urgent Bugs. For you. Thing is, if it isn't Urgent now (and it's been a problem since the beginning), when will it ever be Urgent? I still have a cause, and my cause is still to get this thing fixed. You've acknowledged the problem. That's step 1. What I want from you now is a timetable for the fixing.

By the next Update, will we have a PD Cosmic that transforms silvers every turn, boosts energy and fury according to the # of allies still alive, and prevents crave from being applied? Will we have it in a month? In two months?

I have a lot of computer-at-home time right now, for reasons that may be obvious. I literally have nothing better to do than restart my promise of an open letter every business day until I get a straightforward answer to the question, "When will this be done? When will the Cosmic you know is broken be tweaked so it works as intended?"

Tickets upcoming.

Forum posts upcoming.

Facebook inquiries upcoming.

Or you could just give me your best estimate now.

Thank you.

-Fan of the game

OS
    iOS
    Day 1: E-mail Query

“I appreciated your last e-mail regarding the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic issues. Unfortunately, good intentions do not satisfy my needs.

Please provide your best guess as to when the Pharaoh Dog Cosmic will be fixed. At what point (best guess) will we have a Cosmic that 1) grants 1 power and 20% fury for each living ally, 2) transforms silver effects at the beginning of every turn, and 3) prevents crave from being applied?

I plan to post this query as an open letter on the forum discussion. As such, I will reiterate:

The “The Nomad” Cosmic (which predated Pharaoh Dog) seems to work as intended, and has a similar power generation ability. I wonder if the wording and/or code of The Nomad’s cosmic could be borrowed to fix Pharaoh Dog item 1). I.E. “Grant Each Ally 1 power and 20% Fury after each action.”

Thank you for your time.

-Fan of the game”

OS
    iOS
    News from the front!

I won’t go as far as to say, “good news.”

(Reply received within one hour of open letter. Summary: )

1) No definitive timetable.

2) “...I can say that some fixes have been developed for the Pharaoh Dog Talismans and will be included in one of our next bigger updates. To my knowledge, issues with Crave immunity and Silver Effect removal have been fixed, and the power/fury part is still being looked at.”

I guess you’ll be hearing more from me if a month from now the issue is not resolved and put to bed.
    Last edited by Puntwothree; 03-20-2020 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Grammar

OS
    iOS
    Do mine eyes deceive me? We have power! We have fury! I think... THE PHARAOH DOG COSMIC WORKS!!

Guys, guys, guys, guys: this is the happiest day of my LoTB carrier.

Thank you, devs.

Thank you, players.

Thank you, Pharaoh Dogs.

I have to go try some things and stuff now. Fan of the Game out.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Thank you, man. Your effort has turned all our Pharaoh's talismans worth. I'm grateful