Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Talk

OS
    Android
    I like a lot of classic rock and listen to that when I'm in the mood, but most of my listening is devoted to metal. My favorite types include prog and power and I lean towards epic symphonic stuff, especially if it's melodic with beautiful voices and poppy with catchy hooks.

Some of my favorite bands right now (in no particular order):

Symphony X
    Seventh Wonder
    Kamelot
    Nightwish

Those last two my wife and I took our six year old girl to see in concert. She loved those shows!

I'm also a big Beatles fan, and Led Zep are my fave of all time.
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Love Nightwish... Tarja is amazing!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

Every now and then my mood and taste changes. but one band will always be #1 can you guess?

Iron Maiden!!

right now what I've been listening to is:

Iron Maiden
    Insomnium
    Wintersun
    Omnium Gatherum
    Sentenced (My second favorite band)
    Dark Tranquillity
    Holy Grail
    Carcass
    In Flames
    Sonana Arctica
    Kamelot
    Blind Guardian

etc etc etc

OS
    iOS
    I listen mostly to heavy but sometimes i listen to power and some symphonic, its rare to find symphonic, bands like rhapsody of fire master it, i started listening to metal when i first found emerald sword by rhapsody 1# power metal song ever, and after listening toneachbof their albums 816 times i decided its time to find new bands, i listened to power of the horde and someone said it is based of powerslave, so i went and listened to that and got hooked to maiden, shortly i found they released the book of souls just 1 month before that day and instantly bought the album, then i saw dragonforce and judas priest and some new bands like sleeping with sirens and crown the empire, oldschool metal will always be better than new metal

OS
    Android
    @Nekroliun

I stopped reading mid-sentence and loaded Emerald Sword before I continued... nice little tune, that one! Have you heard any Firewind at all?
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Love Firewind.

For a newcomer symphonic power metal band, check out Damnation Angels. Their debut album pushed all the right buttons for me, and the followup was pretty great, too.
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    @Nekroliun

I stopped reading mid-sentence and loaded Emerald Sword before I continued... nice little tune, that one! Have you heard any Firewind at all?
    Nope, i dont think ive ever heard if firewind, got a recommended song to listen to first?

And you should check out Decyfer Down, maybe not for everyone, theyre a christian rock band, but damn it theyre music is just too great, listen to rearrange or the other side of darkness both are great to start with IF youve never heard of them

Although Iron Maiden is the love of my life (musically), I am listening only to a handful of Metal Bands. For example Blind Guardian, Nightwish and the old stuff from Sonata Arctica. Sometimes a little bit Metallica...
    My favourite Band after Maiden for example is Muse. Love them. And there is another Bruce in my life. Springsteen. Great person, great musician.
    I would cry some happy tears for a new System of a down Album, too.
    There's got to be just more to it than this or tell me why do we exist
    I'd like to think that when I die I'd get a chance another time
    And to return and live again, reincarnate, play the game
    Again and again and again and again...

OS
    iOS
    I dont listen to alot since when i listen to more than one or put a bunch of songs from different bands in one playlist, if i like one band more than the other, i skip most songs by the other band, this started happening this monh when i noticed ive been skipping a shit ton of rhapsody of fire's best songs to get to a maiden song

OS
    Android
    Check out Into the Fire and Immortal Lives Young from Firewind, to start... if one of those doesn't hook ya, I'll be surprised.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!