Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Talk

OS
    iOS
    Into the fire didnt really grab my attention, but damn immortal lives young is GOOD

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Try Between Heaven and Hell, from them... the song, or the album... either way.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    I've been a metalhead for more than 16 years now. Started out with Metallica's Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets, then came Live After Death (it was love at first sound), followed by Manowar, Helloween, etc. I used to listen to power and heavy a lot when I was younger (Blind Guardian, Helloween, Hammerfall, Gamma Ray, a bit of Sonata Arctica and Kamelot, Edguy, Iced Earth, Grave Digger, Judas Priest, Falconer, etc), but at early stage I switched to melodic black metal - which is to this day my favorite genre. However, in the last couple of years, I noticed that my taste in music is changing and I started listening to bands/genres I disliked earlier, like melodic death metal. That is why I've been giving a chance to a lot of bands I ignored previously and thanks to that, Hypocrisy became one of my favorite bands (starting from their 3rd album, the first two are poor in both musical and lyrical sense).

In the last couple of months, my playlists looked like this (in no specific order):

Amorphis (Eclipse being the most listened to album)
    Summoning
    Sabaton (love them and their energy, even though I think their lyrics are shallow)
    Witchery (still hope I'll see them live one day)
    Agathodaimon (always on my every playlist, especially Higher Art of Rebellion)
    Korpiklaani (fascinated with Noita)
    The 69 Eyes (I don't like cheesy romantic songs, but my weakness are 69 Eyes - Paris Kills and Blessed Be albums)
    Insomnium
    Hypocrisy (hehe)
    Ne Obliviscaris
    Amon Amarth
    Kampfar
    Ceremonial Castings
    Caladan Brood
    Vreid
    Carach Angren
    My Dying Bride

I'm also into unsigned bands, bands who are just starting to break through or not so popular bands, like Hammerstorm, Wolfhorde, Deals Death, Alrakis, Gallowbraid etc.

Oh and after this years Wacken, I'm definitely going to check out Orden Ogan a bit more, loved their show!

OS
    Android
    Right on, man. Looks like a pretty good playlist to play loud!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Thank you! Indeed it is, but I need to update it, I've been listening to the same bands for months now. Today I've added Illnath to the list (reminded myself of how much I used to love them).
    By the way, I've added you to be my fellow Trooper
    By the way II, add "wo" in front of that man
    Feel free to add me: Rusalka-6140
    I'm a daily player, with a Child of the Damned (level 11 so far) set as a Champion. Every Trooper can feel free to message me and ask me to change the Champion
    The game crashes every (almost every) single time I try to use a fellow Trooper, so please know that I'm trying to be a good Trooper, but it's impossible with this bug.
    I do my best to pray/curse/swear/plead the game to let me finish a level

OS
    iOS
    That seems like a good playlist to listen to, not like mine, which consested of:

The alchemist
    The final frontier
    The assassin
    El dorado
    Bring yo dota to de slaughta
    Caught somewhere in time

Been listening to it for 4 weeks now... Someone help

Added ya btw
    Last edited by Nekroliun; 09-19-2016 at 01:16 PM.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Accepted you and thanks for adding me

Well, at least you're listening to IM! I haven't given them a listen in a while. I watched them live on Wacken this summer, and did listen to the Book of Souls (of course), but I can't really remember when was the last time I listened to their older stuff.

Hm I see you're into heavy and sympho/power. Have you listened to Sabaton? You might like them. They even played as supporting band for IM.
    Blind Guardian? Kamelot? Stratovarius? Sonata Arctica? Helloween? Queensryche? Def Leppard?
    I'm a daily player, with a Child of the Damned (level 11 so far) set as a Champion. Every Trooper can feel free to message me and ask me to change the Champion
    The game crashes every (almost every) single time I try to use a fellow Trooper, so please know that I'm trying to be a good Trooper, but it's impossible with this bug.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudjenica View Post
    Thank you! Indeed it is, but I need to update it, I've been listening to the same bands for months now. Today I've added Illnath to the list (reminded myself of how much I used to love them).
    By the way, I've added you to be my fellow Trooper
    By the way II, add "wo" in front of that man
    Sacked an inactive and accepted your add. Welcome aboard... woman.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    iOS
    Listened to a bit of kamelot, not enough to actually get a good thought if them, but still, i think they got some really good songs. Any of the other bands, never listened to them.

Started listening to some Metallica last week, theyre amazing, and now i can buy dat sweet "...And Justice For All" t-shirt i saw last night. Cuz buying a t-shirt of a band u dont listen to just to look swag is a shame.

Btw last year i started listening to rhapsody, what im hinting to is cuz i started listening to IM like 5 months ago, ive been listening to the first 36 songs by rhapsody for over a year...

BTW ISNT HAMMERFALL A CONTINENT IN TAMRIEL????????????? (Ever played skyrim? Skyrim is a continent in tamriel (just for those wondering what that is))
    Last edited by Nekroliun; 09-20-2016 at 07:42 AM.
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool
    Sacked an inactive and accepted your add. Welcome aboard... woman.
    Yay! Thank you, brother, I hope my troops will serve you well
    I have to write this once again: please know that I use my every single fellow Trooper every single day, but the game crashes most of the time, especially when using Troopers, and most of them don't get the badges. When they finally fix this ongoing issue, I promise I'll be a good little helper

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun
    Listened to a bit of kamelot, not enough to actually get a good thought if them, but still, i think they got some really good songs. Any of the other bands, never listened to them.

Started listening to some Metallica last week, theyre amazing, and now i can buy dat sweet "...And Justice For All" t-shirt i saw last night. Cuz buying a t-shirt of a band u dont listen to just to look swag is a shame.

Btw last year i started listening to rhapsody, what im hinting to is cuz i started listening to IM like 5 months ago, ive been listening to the first 36 songs by rhapsody for over a year...

BTW ISNT HAMMERFALL A CONTINENT IN TAMRIEL????????????? (Ever played skyrim? Skyrim is a continent in tamriel (just for those wondering what that is))

Well, if you like old Metallica, then you should try some other thrash bands like Megadeth, Kreator, Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Destruction (one of my favorite thrash bands), Sodom, Overkill, Tankard (fun guys), Annihilator, Possessed, Voivod, Havok... Take your pick!

I've listed you a ton of bands you can check out on YouTube and see which one you'll give a real listen to. Oh did I mention Falconer? They used to be very good!

Hammerfall is a band and a province in Tamriel is Hammerfell (of course I played Skyrim! ). ES games are my top favorite RPG games, including The Witcher series (although I've played I and II, while my computer does not support III).