Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Metal Talk

OS
    Android
    This may make me old school, but the metal groups I like besides Iron Maiden are Metallica, Kat, Helloween, and Manowar.

OS
    Android
    Nice to see a dead thread come back to life. Here are some of the bands I'm into

Soundgarden
    System of a down
    Nevermore
    Pantera
    Down
    Cathedral
    Tool
    Dream Theater
    Sevendust
    Rage Against the Machine
    Corrosion of Conformity
    Alice in Chains
    Mastodon
    Sanctuary
    Voivod
    Queensryche
    Kyuss
    Anthrax
    Megadeth
    Dio
    Deep Purple
    Jimi Hendrix
    Faith No More
    Type O Negative
    Motorhead
    Kylesa
    Elder
    The Cult
    Porcupine Tree
    Primus
    Rollins Band
    The Tea Party
    Walking Papers
    Tomahawk
    to name a few.

Then there are Aussie bands like Karnivool, Caligula's Horse, The Butterfly Effect, Alchemist (not my band :P) and a bunch of other local bands that I listen to and try to catch live as much as I can (those that are still around at least).
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    My teen years shaped what I like. Maiden being the main band I listened too. Scorpions probably a close second then the likes of Saxon, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Dio, Sabbath, Purple and Priest. So the 80s and early 90s were my metal golden era really. I then wandred into more melodic rock territory with Whitesnake (around the Slide it in album and onwards) and hair metal though still very mich into the other bands I mentioned I was now adding in things like Mr Big, Winger, Cinderella, Unruly Child, Europe, Alice Cooper, Kiss, House of Lords, Nightranger, Damn Yankees, Giant and the like. I sort of got into different singing as singing was for me the big thing - I could not abide a lot of the hair metal as they could not sing and the production was usually tripe - Poison being the leading example!

However, through all of that metal still stuck and was still very much my fave genre.

Nowadays I still lsten to all of these bands - a do listen to a lot of melodic rock - newer stuff as well as the golden era side. here is alot of good stuff out there and with Spotify and the like it is easy to pick up on new stuff as it comes out. Some of it is great - I like soem stoner/doom rock as well these days (liked Alice in Chains and Soundgarden as well as stuff like Queens of the Stone Age, Masters of Reality etc) so stuff like Kadavar, The Sword, Elder....

I have to say of the more modern rock/metal stuff Halestorm is one band I really like a lot but there are lots of others - probably too many to really get into if that makes sense!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    After seeing "Ready Player One" ( the book is must read for all born in seventies ) I want to add Twisted Sisters to the must hear list.
    Other bands:
    Accept, WASP, Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen, King Diamond, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, Skid Row ( "18 and life" is damn good song )
    And Jethro Tull and Johnny Cash have couple pretty good rock songs.
    And play "Brütal Legend" or play the soundtrack at least. Best game soundtrack ever!
    Last edited by Olevipoeg; 08-23-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Always interesting to see life in this section of the board! No matter how often I've tried to resuscitate it in the past, it never seems to take. lol

Cool to see you're into The Tea Party, thealchemist. They've always been my favourite Canadian band, and quite underrated, I'd say. I've heard they have a solid fan base in Australia.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    My favourite metal band of recent years is probably Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats. Anyone into first wave metal like Black Sabbath should definitely check them out. They use vintage equipment to get a similar retro sound, and although they wear their Sabbath influence on their sleeve, they don't just end up sounding like a tribute act the way Orchid do.

They also covered 'Remember Tomorrow' from Maiden's first album.

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Just saw this today. \m/

Name:  MetalandBS.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  22.7 KB
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Always interesting to see life in this section of the board! No matter how often I've tried to resuscitate it in the past, it never seems to take. lol

Cool to see you're into The Tea Party, thealchemist. They've always been my favourite Canadian band, and quite underrated, I'd say. I've heard they have a solid fan base in Australia.
    Yeah I've seen them live quite a few times. Seen Jeff Martin in his solo shows a few times as well. The band play to around 2000-3000 people here in Melbourne whenever they come out, which since their come back has been pretty much every year lol
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Ho...this is a huge question.....

I am listening everything linked to metal, from old Hard Rock/Heavy Metal to Metalcore, including Black Metal, Vicking Metal, Death Metal, Symphonic Metal, Doom Metal, Pagan, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Funk Metal, etc....
    In addition, I am a big fan of punk and I also listen form other kind of music like Jass, Blues, Progressive Rock, and classic.

My favorit band is Motorhread (seen them 25 five times), Iron Maiden are the number 2

Big fan of music, I have around 2'000 CD's (and 1'000 vinyls) and I've seen so many concerts that I can't count anymore.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    Just saw this today. \m/

Name:  MetalandBS.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  22.7 KB
    I disagree. I like a couple songs on Tattooed Millionaire.
    Name’s pronounced “Zoog-zwong