Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    Clan challenges require everyone to chip in, but some of these challenges are simply not possible for all players. This risks people feeling like they are letting their team down, and others feeling resentful they're missing out on rewards due to other people.
    This is so true.
    Events like these where there's a limited amount of space to complete the clan achievements (like the sentinel only gauntlet one) polarise the community.
    "Why didn't you run your gauntlet battles with sentinel teams?"
    "I worked hard for my rewards, but I didn't get them because of you."
    "You can't pull your weight."
    "We're gonna replace you."

We'll end up with a handful of very strong clans. New players don't stand a chance to get a spot in the clans they read about on the forums.

This will probably get drowned in all the other comments here, but please devs, I really hope you recognize this!

I made a separate thread about this here:
    https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...903#post120903
    Last edited by Brickster; 03-03-2020 at 09:35 AM.

OS
    Android
    Arena Defense for event challenges!
    Examples below:

DO:

>All 4 defense slots, using basic talismans so def. toons can withstand attacks that apply debuffs. (Celestials guarantee they make it to a second round.)
    >DO NOT USE IMMUNITY GRANTING TALIS.
    >A victory win is one thing, but empty toons do not allow time for points or fury to build, so attacker can apply buffs/debuffs.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200303-022318.png
Views: 677
Size:  1.12 MB

DO NOT:

An Ed that cannot receive negatives, really?Name:  20200303_024624.png
Views: 737
Size:  452.2 KB
    Ed w/ a passive that gives infinite immunity or talis that reapply immunity, really?
    Name:  20200303_024559.png
Views: 1020
Size:  454.6 KB
    Name:  20200303_024044.png
Views: 814
Size:  446.3 KBName:  20200303_024147.png
Views: 919
Size:  453.4 KB

Some players know this already, I am not addressing them.
    Players that don't think it through or give a darn, I am addressing you!

Good intentions are appreciated.... but

the lone Eddie defense went out a year ago when we stopped having just the "Win X amounts of Arena battles."

Since then it has been about NOT ONLY the number of battles won, but also about using faction specific teams or applying X number of buffs/debuffs, and also basic attacks only.

The devs have set almost unrealistic achievement goals in arena events, in a time of innumerable bugs, Awakened OP toons, OP talis, and the obvious AI boost.

Setting defenses similar to the 1st example is just good event etiquette.

This helps everyone achieve the rewards, without making the game a "nightmare," or to many... unplayable/not worth the effort.

I'm sure I will mention this post again in future arena events.
    ... and remember, "A lone Ed is so 2018" .... break old habits, the game has evolved since then.

Good Luck!

P.S. To players who don't want to participate and/or are trying to place well in Arena, I fully understand and this does not apply to you. Also, I understand an easy win against easy defenses is nice for you, but remember to pay it forward in future events.

Thank you for shopping Wal-Mart.... have a great day! 😁
    Last edited by Bakura; 03-03-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!

OS
    iOS
    I gotta say the Alex Ed really cracks me up when I see it.. Especially Alex with Orbts. here's an easy win.. even though you CAN'T do anything you need to do.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Too many noobs and egoistic bastards out there...

...whimps and posers...LEAVE THE HALL!

Can we pls get some filter in the Arena to exclude noobs and ego-player from the list? TY!
    Last edited by URock; 03-03-2020 at 10:22 AM.

OS
    Android
    The clan thing changed a lot. Now it is not so much about we players against the game as it used to be, now it is clans against clans. You can easily see that in a lot of recent posts. And this will become more severe when the other clan features like wars etc. will be released. Of course this also has implications on arena events! I have seen a lot of nasty defenses. But there is no need to attack these teams if you don't like it.
    About the lone Ed's: don't forget that this is rather a thing to stay low in ranks to avoid all the stupid moonboy, musashi etc. teams, and not to "help others" in the first place.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    But there is no need to attack these teams if you don't like it.
    10 Ironite and reload...same stupid defense teams appear...again 10 Ironite and reload...same stupid defense teams appear...game closed because of lost fun...

ARENA needs a workover.

OS
    Android
    ...or just wait 30 minutes, reload and be pissed again
    I never payed ironite for arena refresh (well only when the game was stealing the ironite). I lost interest in Arena long ago, staying lower in ranks is the only thing that helps a bit to keep some fun.

Arena already saw a workover and by that you can see what the devs want. It was good to reward top 3, but the deliberate mismatch of points and ranks is a shame. Just like allowing all the overpowered, bugged and glitchy combos. Some chars should have been excluded from Arena. Or the limit we saw in early days regarding "character points" could have been updated for talismans or OP characters. But you know what? Deliberate imbalance is the central concept of freemium games.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    @Blade: fully agree!

OS
    Android
    +1,
    so hard to do this event after 4k...
    @dev : can you do something? for a 1st try... You can't stay on a failure !!
    the choise of quest can be good, but the number is so hard...
    --J o m s V i k i n g

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade View Post
    About the lone Ed's: don't forget that this is rather a thing to stay low in ranks to avoid all the stupid moonboy, musashi etc. teams, and not to "help others" in the first place.
    I understand what you're saying.... BUT when they attack back with an all Magus team using toons to fulfill achievements, it is clearly an indication that they are participating in this event, not just wanting to stay low.
    My "instructional" post was for exactly this type of player.
    I just wish they would reciprocate appropriately.
    Bakura-0090 / The EXORCISTS Clan

*All Eddies!