Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Some feedback for the devs about clan challenges

I think clan challenges are great. It incites a feeling of being part of a community. Up until now being in a clan didn't really meant much in terms of gameplay other than the daily check in for tribute and the rewards that came with it.
    Love it.

There's a problem with some of the clan challenges though. Something that instigates the exact opposite of what clans are all about.
    Certain clan challenges of this event require an X amount of gauntlet runs with a sentinel only team.
    It's challenging if you're getting far, so that's great, but the problem with an achievement like this is that there's a limited amount of space to complete it.
    If someone didn't get the memo and started doing gauntlet battles with random teams, that player is actually hurting the chance of everyone in the clan to miss out on the rewards.
    Unlike clan challenges like Complete X arena wins with magus only teams (all must survive). If a newer player just doesn't have enough levelled up characters it doesn't matter, cause a more experienced player can pull the weight of one or more new players. And I think that is exactly how it should work. You work together as a community, where the stronger players help the weaker players to achieve a common goal.

My clanmate Azagthor posted the following in a different thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    [JomsVikings] might be one of the few who manage to do them all. Hopefully the devs will share the numbers after the event ends!

The bit you said about everyone being able to feel like they are contributing is key here. Clan challenges require everyone to chip in, but some of these challenges are simply not possible for all players. This risks people feeling like they are letting their team down, and others feeling resentful they're missing out on rewards due to other people. You wouldn't want it to be too easy, but if the challenged were designed around each clan having say 10-15 active a high-end players, that could provide enough flexibility to allow a wider range of clans to participate. Let the well-oiled clans tear through it in a couple of days, while the more casual clans still have a chance to complete it after a while.
    He's spot on.

Challenges like these where there's a limited amount of space to complete them (like the sentinel only gauntlet one) polarise the community.

• "Why didn't you run your gauntlet battles with sentinel teams?"
    • "I worked hard for my rewards, but I didn't get them because of you."
    • "You can't pull your weight."
    • "We're gonna replace you."

We'll end up with a handful of very strong clans. New players don't stand a chance to get a spot in the clans they read about on the forums.

Please devs, it would be great to see a change in future events where everyone can help each other for these clan challenges.
    Don't punish the group if a few don't play as much or don't have a huge roster of characters.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edit:
    There's one thing I'd like to add to clear up any confusion about my meaning.
    I think a personal challenge like the one I referred to (sentinel gauntlet) is fine, but it doesn't fit as a clan challenge.
    Last edited by Brickster; 03-03-2020 at 12:46 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickster View Post
    I think clan challenges are great. It incites a feeling of being part of a community. Up until now being in a clan didn't really meant much in terms of gameplay other than the daily check in for tribute and the rewards that came with it.
    Love it.

There's a problem with some of the clan challenges though. Something that instigates the exact opposite of what clans are all about.
    Certain clan challenges of this event require an X amount of gauntlet runs with a sentinel only team.
    It's challenging if you're getting far, so that's great, but the problem with an achievement like this is that there's a limited amount of space to complete it.
    If someone didn't get the memo and started doing gauntlet battles with random teams, that player is actually hurting the chance of everyone in the clan to miss out on the rewards.
    Unlike clan challenges like Complete X arena wins with magus only teams (all must survive). If a newer player just doesn't have enough levelled up characters it doesn't matter, cause a more experienced player can pull the weight of one or more new players. And I think that is exactly how it should work. You work together as a community, where the stronger players help the weaker players to achieve a common goal.

My clanmate Azagthor posted the following in a different thread:

He's spot on.

Challenges like these where there's a limited amount of space to complete them (like the sentinel only gauntlet one) polarise the community.

• "Why didn't you run your gauntlet battles with sentinel teams?"
    • "I worked hard for my rewards, but I didn't get them because of you."
    • "You can't pull your weight."
    • "We're gonna replace you."

We'll end up with a handful of very strong clans. New players don't stand a chance to get a spot in the clans they read about on the forums.

Please devs, it would be great to see a change in future events where everyone can help each other for these clan challenges.
    Don't punish the group if a few don't play as much or don't have a huge roster of characters.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Agree with you about this brother.

OS
    Android
    +1
    the number is so amazing and i don't know who can agree this quests...
    -----------------------------
    --J o m s V i k i n g

OS
    Android
    Definitely think this is spot on here.

The clans idea is great, the methods are great, the numbers for the quests are.. well.. expecting a bit too much.

The values for many of the clan quests seem like they should be 3/4 what they currently are, especially given this is the "first time" clan quests have been a thing.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Agree wholeheartedly. I did every single one of the gauntlet levels up through AA that weren't Gunner/Warrior with all sentinel teams while still completing the talisman challenges. Mathematically we should be fine if a few others did the same as each member of a full clan would only need to do on average just under seven battles with Sentinel teams.

However I doubt my clan will complete that challenge or the Chance Talismans as those don't easily drop (at least in my experience) and we only have so many Gauntlet battles and even less where we can get away with substandard team set ups.

All the other challenges could be completed by a handful of members doing the repetitive work. I just don't see that happening now that we also have an annoyingly grindy cosmos event on top of that.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    I think the whole event is not too bad. Arena and Gauntlet difficulty should fit to each player's level (could be better, I know). Chance talis are easy to get (@ Muzak, do you confuse them with some other set? I sold hundreds of them as we don't really need them). Bloodlust is a bit tricky, but the biggest problem in my pov is soul protect as this buff is pretty rare (but we all have the alchemist...). Thing is to get them applied in the current Arena meta. Due to the clan thing, the common sense of helping each other has decreased significantly. 7 Gauntlet battles per clan member with sentinels is not too much I think, but one will have a very different perspective on that if you just started playing some weeks ago. Maybe these events should take player level more into account?
    Because of that, I also share the opinion that it would have been a better start-off to place this event into the cosmos, not Arena & Gauntlet as these are the problematic areas in the game in terms of difficulty and influence of bugs and OP characters/talis.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    iOS
    Chance talismans drop fairly often in BNW GOL 7+
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, I dont think they are too bad. The gauntlet one isnt so bad as long as you have a few clansmen who can get past AAA. The bloodlust and soul protect are harder, but are not as 'necessary'. That said, like all events, newer players are always going to miss out on some things....

My biggest problem is that we have so many achievements on the go atm! We have clan achievments, personal achievements, skull quests, as well as frozen/cosmos achievements and on top of that we are supposed to grind ravens alter?

Its just waaaaay too much. Maybe if there was more than a week on these all at the same time....
    Gringo-4930
    MOFO

Currently grinding for:
    Odin(s) - Freya - Scrooge (Slauki) Ed / Moar Yggs

OS
    iOS
    Clan is still “beta” so it is good first event to get this type of feedback on. I’d be more concerned when it is an arena type event clan vs. clan. Then it would really be set up for isolating new or less established players vs. long time players with strong rosters. Or worse, a clan of deep pocket whales that buy up as much as they can...
    Those types of issues should be considered in planning future events to make it balanced and accessible for all player levels, not just the strongest or well funded.

OS
    iOS
    I like the skull quests .. they are no brainers.. I do wish the challenge list was somehow separated now though. I love the green clan borders.. why not other colors for other challenges.. arena red, SQ yellow, Grind blue, Sac purple, etc.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..