Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    I've noticed that I haven't had the time to run other event challenges, because I've been focusing on the arena and gauntlet events for the clan. We've been able to get all the challenges except the total battles and it looks like we may get that too. However, I would like to recommend some changes to the challenge structure in the future (because other event things are being neglected and we can't work towards getting the Eddie fragments. )

OS
    Android
    Yep I agree, overstepping events is ridiculous, even if those events are just running Cosmos when at the same time you got time-consuming arena/gauntlet or frontier dungeons to do like ravens altar...

Also as a lot of people mention some challenges are too much in numbers, for example, we got almost everything covered but the total 3k of arena plays is around 1/3 in our clan, we are actives and again, almost everything else is done but the total number looks like a little too much...

On the bright side, working together toward an objective resulted in something really entertaining and motivating! well done there! Keep looking forward to more of this (but in a little improved way pls)
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    If you’re gonna do overlapping events, at least structure the events so that you can get most of the achievements done without spending extra (like having a cosmos event and another event where you need to inflict effects onto enemies)
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Getting to level S in Gauntlet takes less than 1 hour. Maybe a full hour if you have to swap talismans to meet an event achievement...
    Skull Quests take little time. So these events really aren’t time or resource consuming. The question really is, 500 cosmo or wasteland runs, really a second event on top of arena event, or; is it an event for players not in a clan to get fragments? If there was clarity on the total number of fragments available from all events combined, players could decide better what to spend time and resources on. If every event goal, is just enough to get the new Eddie, that’s one scenario. If every event gives you enough for the Eddie and some other rewards, maybe players could pass on extra rewards and pace themselves in areas of the game that drop rewards they need on top of getting event fragments. Right now, it’s fear of missing out, if you don’t claim all available fragments you’ll be short for the new Eddie...
    There shouldnt ever be a FOMO on these month long events. The "Dungeon runs" achievements (this month Raven, last month Airstrip) are there as a supplement or substitution for those who cant or dont want to complete other achievements. The amount of runs in those dungeons that you are "required" to complete depends on how many frags you get from other events thru the month. So if you dont or cant complete the clan achievements, you just grind a few more Raven runs. For reference, every 100 runs in the dungeon will earn you 1050 fragments towards the Eddie or other rewards. I can clear about 80 runs/key and you earn a key from rewards for every 100 runs also. YMMV, but aside from the ironite/SoT costs, the dungeon runs as a supplement are very well structured to help you complete the goals as cheaply as possible.

All that said, I dont disagree with your comment and as I side before, there is no reason to overlap 2 large scale grinding events like this. But to be fair to the DEVS, we dont "have" to run all the events (or any really, you could totally get the eddie and the cosmic from just approx. 2900 Raven runs and ignore everything else entirely)
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    I'm curious toward the dev's point of view on my OP and the entire discussion that followed.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    There shouldnt ever be a FOMO on these month long events. The "Dungeon runs" achievements (this month Raven, last month Airstrip) are there as a supplement or substitution for those who cant or dont want to complete other achievements. The amount of runs in those dungeons that you are "required" to complete depends on how many frags you get from other events thru the month. So if you dont or cant complete the clan achievements, you just grind a few more Raven runs.
    For reference, last month's mega-event had a total of 24,000 fragments available from all the non-Airstrip challenges, meaning you only needed to run the Airstrip 100 times to collect the Apocalypse Eddie. Or 600 times if you also wanted the T3 Cosmic. I imagine the numbers turn out to be similar this time around too. While Raven's costs a little more SoT to run, the loot rewards are much better. You can never have too many 3* Evo Shards or Awakening Fragments. The Red Ghost was far easier to obtain, but it seems likely that was a Christmas present to us from the devs!

And while I've certainly done my fair share of criticising various decisions made by the development team, including how such high goals for Clan activities risks creating bad experiences for people who aren't in the more hardcore clans... I'm not sure I completely agree with the criticisms about these two grind events overlapping. Unless you are really strapped for time, The Skull Quests and Cosmos/Frozen challenges can be completed without too much extra effort while running your Troopers through Powerslave every day. Might even be possible to do all 500 runs using only the natural SoT refills, but if not, it still wont be anywhere near as expensive as most grinding events to complete.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    For reference, last month's mega-event had a total of 24,000 fragments available from all the non-Airstrip challenges, meaning you only needed to run the Airstrip 100 times to collect the Apocalypse Eddie. Or 600 times if you also wanted the T3 Cosmic.
    Thank you Azagthor, that is good info. I was curious how many frags were available, but didn't keep track.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    I am really starting to feel drained by all the events, especially now that raid bosses have dropped as well. There's just too much to do and IMO not enough time.

I appreciate all the content, but can we stagger it all just a LITTLE BIT BETTER please?

I have been playing for over 3 yrs at this point. I've been through all sorts of feeling busy in the game, and busy in life. I've had times where I've been asking myself the question "is it time to step out of the game?" and then within hours usually realised I wanted to stay. Never has that question lasted more than say 8-9 hours.

With the normal event on top of the clan event, and now with the raid boss on top, this is all been has taken this to a whole new level. I've been thinking "is it time to step out of the game?" pretty much continuously since the second day of the clan arena/gauntlet event.

I can't be the only one thinking this. So perhaps please REVIEW how fast you're releasing stuff sometimes? Please?
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    iOS
    Good thing they've "slowed down events", eh? I'd hate to see what their idea of rapid release was.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Holy crap, where does everyone get all the ironite to run these dungeons so many times, talking about 2600 Raven runs, 600 airstrip runs like it's nothing. I'm always a few thousand frags short of getting the new eddies, despite completing nearly all the challenges. Are you constantly buying large amounts of ironite in order to run these, or just saving up and not spending much until these big events come up, which seems to be almost every month now? Can't keep up. Frustrating.