Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Esquatcho View Post
    Yeah, I dont think they are too bad. The gauntlet one isnt so bad as long as you have a few clansmen who can get past AAA. The bloodlust and soul protect are harder, but are not as 'necessary'. That said, like all events, newer players are always going to miss out on some things....

My biggest problem is that we have so many achievements on the go atm! We have clan achievments, personal achievements, skull quests, as well as frozen/cosmos achievements and on top of that we are supposed to grind ravens alter?

Its just waaaaay too much. Maybe if there was more than a week on these all at the same time....
    I have not startet Gauntlet yet and my clan has already finished the sentinel goal, lol But I think the 7 fights per clan member should be doable even before AAA, right?

You are correct, there is a lot to do right now. But all/most of the Arena things go together, Gauntlet is not that much work I think. I will skip the frozen dungeon, as insanity appears to be really hard and I just won't bother for these lame rewards. Some powerslave to play the troopers will be enough for the other goals. Skull quests we do anyway. Raven's altar is meant to fill the gaps between events - if there will be any we have the full month to finish that. And we'll need to see how many frags the other events will give us.
    The worst thing in my pov is the arena strech goal for 500 wins that still give the event frags - but we can compensate via raven's altar. However,l this will be very ironite costly and we can't do this every month!
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020

OS
    Android
    We Jomsvikings were struggling to make headway on the challenges because the numbers seemed so high. After looking at other responses and talking with some other clans, we are indeed WAY ahead of the norm, but even we feel it is too much. Additionally, we have the "run Cosmos or Frozen Wasteland" achievements at the same time, plus you expect us to find our way to Gauntlet level S within the same 5 days? It is too much. The gauntlet Achievements should ALWAYS give us at least the full 2 week gauntlet cycle to complete them. Some people wait until the 2nd week to work on gauntlet. Expecting us to complete 500 cosmos runs and do Gauntlet to S (for personal gains) while also contributing to 3000!!! arena matches to be a team player for your clan and then have ALL of that happen within the same 5-6 day period... It is too much to ask and is pretty poorly planned out.

Add to that the fact that many people are still having stability issues and cannot run the game for endless hours overnight, and I can easily see people feeling inadequate, or being left behind on the progression curve.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Chance talismans drop fairly often in BNW GOL 7+
    Maybe for you guys. I just don't have the luck to get them.
    But hey as far as missing out on drops this is one I'm not upset with.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Getting to level S in Gauntlet takes less than 1 hour. Maybe a full hour if you have to swap talismans to meet an event achievement...
    Skull Quests take little time. So these events really aren’t time or resource consuming. The question really is, 500 cosmo or wasteland runs, really a second event on top of arena event, or; is it an event for players not in a clan to get fragments? If there was clarity on the total number of fragments available from all events combined, players could decide better what to spend time and resources on. If every event goal, is just enough to get the new Eddie, that’s one scenario. If every event gives you enough for the Eddie and some other rewards, maybe players could pass on extra rewards and pace themselves in areas of the game that drop rewards they need on top of getting event fragments. Right now, it’s fear of missing out, if you don’t claim all available fragments you’ll be short for the new Eddie...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickster View Post
    Unlike clan challenges like Complete X arena wins with magus only teams (all must survive). If a newer player just doesn't have enough levelled up characters it doesn't matter, cause a more experienced player can pull the weight of one or more new players. And I think that is exactly how it should work. You work together as a community, where the stronger players help the weaker players to achieve a common goal.
    What I'm finding is that the lower-ranked members of our clan help out a great deal. At the higher ranks, it's a pain in the neck to find friendly teams to score the Magus-only and effect-based challenges. The lower-ranked players don't have as much trouble finding opponents to score those and have ended up doing a lot of the work on them. Meanwhile, the high-ranked players are racking up Arena matches played (and scoring for Soul Protect if they're using Alchemist). It's nice to see that everyone can contribute meaningfully.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    It's all not THAT bad. But it can be costly.

Here's how I look at it...

The Skull quests and Cosmos/Frozen Wasteland achievements are mindless, inattentive, achievements. By that I mean they don't force you to babysit a device constantly.

Skull quests go quickly and there's only 9 at most to run at any one time. And inevitably EVERYONE should be able to complete these in the time span unless the miss more than 4 hrs in the app and SQ availability overlaps. (i.e. you don't get 2 runs in 10 hours if you missed the 4 hour window for a couple of them)

The comos/fw are standard grinds.. set it and forget it. Yes it can be costly, but everyone should be able to run AT LEAST the first battle of Wicker Man Isle on auto -- so everyone should be able to mindlessly grid for the achievements. I ran Night City Lord of the Flies and have 500 runs completed in a day (avg 1-6sec runs).. but that did take 4 or 5 mega refills (75-80 runs per refill), so it can cost. But you DON'T have to sit and tap, tap, tap....

------------ I like inattentive achievements ---------

The PvP/Gauntlet challenges REQUIRE attention. You can't really "Auto" anything (other than in battle play). So these achievements require the user to be glued to the device for a period of time to complete achievements. And THIS is where large numbers become a problem. Not everyone has 6 hrs a day to play PvP assuming they can win a bit. Sure the Gauntlet is more time forgiving but it still require dedicated attention. So, given that these achievements require dedicated, focus, users, it would be nice if numbers were dropped to require maybe a total of 2-3 hours in a week rather than 25-30 hrs.
    Last edited by Yup; 03-05-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I found wicker owl is great for soul protect. I think most challenges are doable, but 200 sentinel is asking too much.

I remember years as a newb player ago I jumped into gauntlet one time after the roll over, cuz I had time to work at it only to find out later there were new challenges to do, and was not able to finish them cuz I got too far in it.

I just hope the new people in our clan won't make that mistake.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger24 View Post
    I found wicker owl is great for soul protect.
    Another good one to use is Magus Onyx Son with Avenger talismans. Team Soul Protect as part of the basic attack and it's better to lose the coin flip as you'll rack up Soul Protect with the revenges.

I think most challenges are doable, but 200 sentinel is asking too much.
    So long as people in your clan pay attention and bother to do the event, it's pretty easy. Even the noobs can score 5 times running Sentinel-only in floors E and F.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger24 View Post
    I found wicker owl is great for soul protect. I think most challenges are doable, but 200 sentinel is asking too much.

I remember years as a newb player ago I jumped into gauntlet one time after the roll over, cuz I had time to work at it only to find out later there were new challenges to do, and was not able to finish them cuz I got too far in it.

I just hope the new people in our clan won't make that mistake.
    the sentinel shouldn't be to bad if your clan has a good 7-10 strong gauntlet players, im only 1 match into A and have 11 sentinel only matches (F, E, B, & should get a few more in A) thats with me using my 3 weak low level chance cosmic talismans in each match.
    Razgriz-1173

OS
    Android
    On a side note, congratulations Fudjo for hitting the podium last week
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)