Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Question for the devs about new Clover talisman interaction

Dear devs,

I'm wondering how the new Clover Talisman effect (+25% accuracy) works against Bounty Hunter Eddie's passive effect which lowers accuracy of all enemies by 75% (unless it's already 100%).

For example:
    Does an ability with a 80% chance effect increase to 105% and then gets decreased by 75% to an effective 26% (rounded) chance?
    Or
    Does an ability with a 80% chance effect increase to 100% (can't go over 100) and then gets decreased by 75% to an effective 25% (rounded) chance?
    Or
    Does an ability with a 80% chance effect first decrease by 75% to 20% and then increase by 25% to 45%?

The difference between the first two obviously doesn't really matter that much in terms of gameplay, but I'm wondering out of curiosity.
    The third option does differ a lot from the first two options though. Especially on very high or low base chances.

Thanks for the update and thanks in advance for your reply.

OS
    Android
    intresting thought process tbh

OS
    iOS
    To my understanding, this type of modifier functions in an additive way rather than in a multiplicative manner.

To use your example for explanation,

Let's say your ability has an 80% chance to do an effect:

Clover Talismans will boost it to 105%(80+25%) followed by Bounty Hunter Eddie reducing it to 30% (105-75%). Add or subtract any positive or negative effects, and you'll get your final total.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_LOTB View Post
    To my understanding, this type of modifier functions in an additive way rather than in a multiplicative manner.

Clover Talismans will boost it to 105%(80+25%) followed by Bounty Hunter Eddie reducing it to 30% (105-75%). Add or subtract any positive or negative effects, and you'll get your final total.
    useful to know will there be a compensation pack for clans who have lost runs due to odin freezing

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints_sin View Post
    useful to know will there be a compensation pack for clans who have lost runs due to odin freezing
    A premium segue, Saint. I don't believe I can officially announce anything at this time since we are still working on a solution. However, once improvements are made, released, and are confirmed to be successful, we can then review what the next best options are.

OS
    Android
    useful to know been done out of 12 and stopped doing any more this week cause its not worth the freezing might try again after reset

OS
    Android
    Any word on getting raid rewards. Second time I've seen the popup but gotten no rewards.

OS
    Android

That brings up a second question. If it is 80+25=105 then apply BHE effect... wouldn't the accuracy stay at 105% because BHE doesn't affect any ability which is at 100%?
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    That brings up a second question. If it is 80+25=105 then apply BHE effect... wouldn't the accuracy stay at 105% because BHE doesn't affect any ability which is at 100%?
    To my understanding BHE's "100%" text is really just referring to abilities with guaranteed effects such as "Inflict 2 Physical Burns on all enemies." Abilities written like this will not suddenly be reduced to 25% in this case. It should be triggering as long as the base percentage value of the ability is less than 100%.

OS
    Android

Thank you for replying!