Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid-19

OS
    iOS
    It's the flu... pay attention to the CDC and no one else. America is losing their shit over nothing which is that different than the flu. Yes the elderly or infirm are susceptible to it, but the same groups are susceptible to the flu. If you aren't elderly or infirm, it's a cold.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    It's the flu... pay attention to the CDC and no one else. America is losing their shit over nothing which is that different than the flu. Yes the elderly or infirm are susceptible to it, but the same groups are susceptible to the flu. If you aren't elderly or infirm, it's a cold.
    So is it the flu or the cold?

In all seriousness either you are attempting to spread misinformation or you are missing a few key words (e.g. It's as bad as the flu for most who catch it.

Pandemics happen because humans underestimate the damage a virus can cause if left unchecked. And guess what, the same holds true for the flu, the only difference is we have vaccines and herd immunity to help for the most part.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    The Flu is a cold.

And it's NOT a pandemic.. it's a bunch of people losing their minds.

No one remembers how SARS or H1N1 was going to "kill the world"?

Again, follow the CDC.. their recommendations are exactly the same as for the Flu.
    The only difference is there's no shot for Covid19 yet. The mortality rates for Covid are not that much greater than the flu, and affect the SAME demographics as the FLU.
    .....and we have some treatment or the Flu (but also no cure).

If YOU wish to panic, that's fine. You have every right to think "The End is Nigh". The reality is, it isn't.

I don't wish ANYONE ill-health. Not at all. Do whatever you feel is necessary to stay healthy... but I can't help but laugh at how everyone is running around screaming 'The Sky is Falling".
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    The Flu is a cold.
    Cold and influenza are caused by separate virus. Not the same.

We all remember which is why people are pissed off that those in charge let this get this bad by ignoring the advice of professionals.

Yes, recommendations are the same because they're all virus which means we can use pretty much the same preventative methods. That doesn't mean they are the same virus with the same effects.

People like you who tout the whole "It's just a flu, I'm not going to change my behaviours" are the reason why this (and the flu too) spread so easily.

I'm not panicking and I never said the end is nigh but just ignoring or underestimating how virus work is why we have entire countries on lockdown and hospitals filling up.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    how virus work is why we have entire countries on lockdown and hospitals filling up.

Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I'm not panicking and I never said the end is nigh
    Really???

You can read what you post right??

Spreading fear and causing stress actually makes one MORE susceptible to a virus.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    The mortality rates for Covid are not that much greater than the flu...
    This is outright false. The current global mortality rate for Covid-19 is 4.4%, which is 44 times higher than the flu.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    You are all welcome to have your own unique takes on current events, but please find the strength to avoid reductive comments and ill-willed generalizations that may cause turmoil among your fellow Troopers.

We are still here and are doing our best to support as many folks as possible in as short of time frame as possible, but we certainly have our work cut out for us these days. I'm working from home right now, actually. It's a little out of the ordinary for my own taste, but I'm making the best of it.

Be safe and mindful out there, everyone, and thank you for your ongoing support during these memorable days.

...and don't forget to >>> stay informed. <<< Be wary of clickbait internet threads, YouTube videos, Facebook blogs and so on.
    "May the Lord smile…and the Devil have mercy."