Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Hunter

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android

Ed Hunter

I think it's only fitting that the first video game thread posted here references Maiden's first foray into the gaming world. Anyone else play this one? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hunter) While not nearly as sophisticated as Legacy of the Beast, I really enjoyed this game, back in the day. It was always a kick to waste the four horsemen... if there's ever been a more metal video game final battle, I haven't played it!

OS
    iOS
    I played Ed Hunter years ago, and I enjoyed it too. I could only beat the game once but it was amazing! The downside for me it's that you couldn't save the game, so if you got killed you had to start again...

OS
    Android
    Yeah, it was pretty unforgiving, for sure!

I never found all of the band members during the game either... (they represented 1-ups, I seem to recall). I think I could find all but Steve Harris. lol
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    Is it still available, i is there a place u can get it from? I heard u could get it from the ed hunter tour that happened in 1999...

OS
    Android
    I don't know of anywhere it's currently available, but I haven't really looked into it. You'd think, with all of Maiden's fans, that someone, somewhere might have emulated it...
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    iOS
    Ye i guess ur right, well if no official copy exists its time to search in the sea of cracks, the internet

Ive hesrd that its just a house of the dead clone, who cares house of the dead was awesome, so that + maiden music would be even better

OS
    Android
    I liked it a lot better than any House of the Dead game I've ever played, myself.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    Tbh it wasn't very good. An on the rails shooter on a PC is a bit disappointing. Not to mention 99% of players wouldn't have had a lightgun either so they wouldn't have got the proper experience.
    To this day I guess I'll never know
    Just why they let me go

aXe-4895

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe View Post
    Tbh it wasn't very good. An on the rails shooter on a PC is a bit disappointing. Not to mention 99% of players wouldn't have had a lightgun either so they wouldn't have got the proper experience.
    I definitely didn't have a light gun when I played it myself, but Operation Wolf for NES had conditioned me to moving crosshairs across the screen, so I dug it fine.

It was just fun to have a game based on Iron Maiden to play, to be honest. It still kinda is too, despite all of the outstanding problems. Happy Anniversary, LOTB! Cheers!
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

OS
    Android
    The music album part of it was actually my first Iron Maiden album. Pretty great set.
    Fearless leader of the Jomsvikings