Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android

Please fix arena exploit

Past few weeks people have been scoring outragous points due to an exploit. Its unfair to honest players. Please fix
    So from what i have been told,if you purchased the store temp.relics.after 6 battles you become an arena god. No skill involved. Damage goes through the roof.

OS
    Android
    While, it's true I will never be competitive in arena because I just don't have the time for the plethora of matches it requires, I am not okay with this exploit.

Yeah, the same people were probably going to win regardless of the exploit but what bugs me most is just how much it shows that little actual testing/QA is done with this app. Ensuring relics work correctly is a quick and easy test for both the positive and negative scenario. Run a battle (or 2 or 5 or 100) without the relic and then run the same amount (and with the test defense tool you can ensure you have the same teams and talismans) and just verify damage is within the appropriate levels.

There's a reason QA is a full time job at most companies. You need to think about all scenarios and actually test them EVERY time a change goes live. You can't just have devs or support personnel test as part of their other jobs.

Edit: I forgot that this requires win streaks so the defense test tool isn't possible. However, the levels of damage players are reporting it's obvious whether or not damage has been incorrectly boosted. Seriously, if your damage begins with a lower case u, something seriously went wrong.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 03-26-2020 at 12:54 AM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    that is 100% false. There is a bug, but it has nothing to do with the temp relics. in theory it is the same for everyone, so while it is a bug, it is a completely balanced one as far as i can tell.

But hey, fix it or no, i still despise arena so whatever.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    that is 100% false. There is a bug, but it has nothing to do with the temp relics. in theory it is the same for everyone, so while it is a bug, it is a completely balanced one as far as i can tell.

But hey, fix it or no, i still despise arena so whatever.
    It's only available to folk like us who can get 6 straight wins. Not as easy as a task without either a hard earned or hard paid team so no, not a fair bug.

Besides, bugs are bugs and they should be fixed regardless of whether or not they're "fair".
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    All you need to know about the attack teamName:  Screenshot_2020-03-26-22-53-40.png
Views: 1483
Size:  1.38 MB

OS
    Android
    If they want to fix something the need to fixing the server errors. I havent been able to play arena for1 1/2 days. The other parts of the game isnt much better. Odin battles are the most bug free area of the game.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    There have been scores of more than 20k in arena xD

The bug goes on simply if you strike "x" amount of wins in a row, maybe 6 as Natasmai said. Not purchased needed. However, yes itīs a bug and should be fixed, along with Banshee Talis, The Killer, and I'm sure many more. But yes, Arena is really out of control on bugs/playability terms.

Said that, LAD requires no mega skills for wining but patience, effort and of course a reliable team. Anyway, letīs be honest is not a chess game, anyone with lad and some not over the top chars can rank high if they spend a massive amount of time and dedication (which is awesome and deserves respect, but no skill)
    Last edited by Maiden; 03-26-2020 at 05:20 PM. Reason: grammar error, sorry
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    With LAD and on a winning streak the arena points are not that difficult or time consuming as many think.
    Muzzleloader-8226.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    With LAD and on a winning streak the arena points are not that difficult or time consuming as many think.
    Yep, once his fury burst after a single hit only bad luck can make you lose the fight.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    One way to lose is if you pick an ally instead of LAD and it switches back and you dont pay attention. That bug helps counter his fury.
    Muzzleloader-8226.