OS
    iOS

Update inconsistencies....

Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOT
    The propagation time of the iOS build is entirely under Apple's control and there is unfortunately, nothing more we can do to speed up the process at this time.

This update was released to the store this afternoon at the same time as our Android update. Once an update is released, Apple begins its propagation process to App Stores globally. In the past, this process has typically only taken an hour before an update is visible in store. Unfortunately there seems to be a large delay in the propagation of this update. As the App is in a released state, there is nothing more we can do on our end to speed up this process. Please note that uninstalling and reinstalling your game will not force the update to appear in store. The update will only appear once the propagation process has completed.
    I wish to point out some inconsistencies if not blatant falsehoods....

The propagation time of the iOS build is entirely under Apple's control and there is unfortunately, nothing more we can do to speed up the process at this time.

This update was released to the store this afternoon at the same time as our Android update.
    Not true. You can supply Apple with an update and a FUTURE release date ensuring propagation has occurred BEFORE you make your update live. You COULD have supplied Apple with the update yesterday for a release of today, ensuring 24hr for propagation was allowed. The delay is ENTIRELY your fault for not taking into account how Apple works. They aren't rewriting procedures each month. You are simply ignoring their procedures.

In the past, this process has typically only taken an hour before an update is visible in store.
    Again, untrue. Each MONTH it typically takes an additional 4-6 hrs, above and beyond Android, for iOS to update. And in the past it has OFTEN taken 8+hours. Even taking as long as 23hrs one month. It has NEVER taken "an hour" not EVER.

I would believe that Nodding Frog may not WANT these delays if this was a first occurrence.. or even a second. But its not. These delays are NOTHING new and you COULD ensure they are minimized if not removed entirely. When an update occurs, iOS users are ALWAYS left wondering if they'll be locked out for 6 hours, 8 hours, 10 hours, 12 hours or more.... Your behavior makes it clear that you all just don't really care. And then you continually give the same lame "It's Apple's fault" excuse. I think we all know it's not Apple's fault. It's poor planning on your part that is to blame.

Apple doesn't care if your app is functioning... if you don't either.. well.....there ya go.. 12+ hr delays for users.

I have to honestly ask.. do you think your users are just stupid and believe this stuff when you post it, when ONLY your app has this problem???

--------------

FYI.. the app has just NOW appeared in the app store for me in the last 20 minutes or so.... (West coast US)
    Last edited by Yup; 04-01-2020 at 06:31 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Alternative: Switch to a different OS or use an emulator.

As you and all the iOS users mention this happens everytime. By now just expect it and find alternative instead of whining on the internet to a dev team that obviously won't change their process.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    I think NF do need to work on uploading Future-dated updates at the moment, simply because Apple (and Google) are getting an influx of apps at the moment. The only way to try and avoid issues is to future date deployments.

The influx of apps are mostly from miscreants specifically trying to get trojans/malware/etc past the teams/systems that review this stuff (think fake Covid-19 tracking apps, fake VPN clients, fake remote control access tools, etc). That means delays to all the ordinary apps (and there's a bunch of things updating atm to reduce bandwidth and the like, or fix bugs that suddenly aren't corner cases anymore), till their systems ramp up to address the extra volume of apps being presented to them. Add onto that the general slowness of many net connections due to sudden extra usage, and you get slowness or problems with deployment out to their AppStore CDN.

Apple always seem to take longer in general, not just to review app changes but to deploy, and that means that there's less spare overhead when there are issues. Google have a much bigger CDN and backbone at their disposal, so it's less of an issue to them, at least currently. That doesn't mean they're immune.
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Pretty strong post by Yup. Well done.
    I would love to see @Ceeg_LOTB comment on this. Probably wishful thinking though.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Alternative: Switch to a different OS or use an emulator.

As you and all the iOS users mention this happens everytime. By now just expect it and find alternative instead of whining on the internet to a dev team that obviously won't change their process.
    Why should we have to change what system we use when it’s the devs fault that updates don’t come out?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    Why should we have to change what system we use when it’s the devs fault that updates don’t come out?
    Because, as I said they show no desire to change. If it bugs you this much that you wan't to whine and complain, the onus has moved to you to do something.

I do agree that they can do better but obviously nothing is going to change on their end.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post

I do agree that they can do better but obviously nothing is going to change on their end.
    That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue this conversation about all the issues this game has.

OS
    iOS
    The simple fact is that the devs can’t sort out errors that they cause, they are fast enough to take out money for toons etc but then when something doesn’t work they take ages to sort it, the game has had issues for years. It’s not a case of whining on the internet about the devs. If we don’t get to air our frustration out on a forum then how the hell are they gonna know players ain’t happy, I also don’t see why we should change Device os just because they can’t prepare an update in due time. It’s their problem to sort their shit out.
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickster View Post
    That doesn't mean we shouldn't continue this conversation about all the issues this game has.
    Yes discussion is great. But pointless bitching about iOS always being delayed is adding nothing. iOS users need to either suck it up or switch. The Frogs are aware but obviously not doing anything. We've had too many posts in these past few days that are just reiterating the same things and the real news has been buried (like clans getting turned off) leading to more posts about this ("where are clans?") which just further buries the info.

MuzakMaker-3591