OS
    iOS

Pop Up Ads only thing that work

Any chance developers you could deactivate the pop up ads to buy things? Maybe take some of the $99.99 items out of the store to free up some server bandwidth. The only thing that ever consistently works are the pop up ads to buy things that are ridiculously expensive... Millions of newly unemployed people stuck at home. Bands are releasing new music and concert videos for free. Iron Maiden needs to step up and “donate” some money to buy you guys new servers that work. Help out in this time of need!

OS
    Android
    I wholeheartedly agree. As someone who has spent and will continue to spend on this game (100% my choice, not a complaint), I find the popups to be cheap and gimmicky and honestly, they are never the reason I spend money. And absolutely the worst is the ones for spending Ironite, which rumour has it, they will automatically spend the Ironite with no confirmation if you accidentally click them. I do not know if it is true because I do not dare click them to test, face it, they are a terrible deal. I seriously have a mental block now in place about that "dead zone" on my screen to never ever click it in haste.

I literally would pay $5 a month just to have them disabled. We should be allowed to disable popups and the popups in my opinion really come across to make LOTB seem a lot more like one of those cheap ass gimmicky mobile games. This is a great game and it is really a let down sometimes to see how mismanaged it is at times. So many simple things they could fix or change that would be very positively received. I actually do not blame the devs overall, I think they do the best they can. This is a decision that is at upper management, the bean counters in the company. It definitely is not Iron Maiden themselves who have for 40 years really honoured their fans and gone out of their way to provide great music and shows. They are one of the few bands that have integrity and their game should reflect this attitude. I doubt Steve Harris would be happy if he knew the truth about how his IP has been represented in LOTB with these types of things.

This is a rough time for a lot of people and likely for Nodding Frog as well, but in a time when things are this tough all around, companies who respect their customers and show some compassion and understanding will be highly respected. I am actually kinda surprised that NF has not made some kind of gesture with this crisis to its customers. Seriously, giving out "digital" gifts to the fans is not going to slow down the spending that the customers who like to spend money on the game one bit and it is going to actually build more loyalty to the game as the servers are throwing a total fit.

Also, they have said their would be some "compensation" for the last 48 hours of complete server meltdown. If they go as cheap as the last time and it is 150 Ironite only, I will be pretty disappointed given the entire situation. As a note, the servers are still puking up all over the place for most of us. Not as bad as yesterday, but overall...pretty choppy still.

Time for them to step up to the plate for their fans and do something from the heart.
    Last edited by Azile; 04-03-2020 at 12:07 PM.
    Azile-1961 / The EXORCISTS Clan

Currently Accepting NEW members!
    Strong clan with great sense of community and active discord server.
    Solid leadership under Bakura-0090 (Guide Writer Extraordinaire)
    Visit our post for more info, accepting Level 100s currently:
    https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...tion-JOIN-NOW!

To this day I guess I'll never know
    Just why they let me go
    But I'll never go dancing no more
    'Til I dance with the dead

OS
    iOS
    Well said Azile, it wouldn’t hurt them to issue every player some new toons/talismans and the ironite needs to be pretty substantial like 1 for every minute of down time they also need to issue us with rewards for the events we couldn’t complete, tribute we’ve lost over the past 48 hours, trooper badges, satellite15 rewards we’ve lost etc they seriously do need to step up and properly compensate
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    iOS
    Seriously, people. They don’t “owe” us a goddamn thing. Yes, it sucks when the server is all jacked up, and we can’t play, but the notion we are entitled to anything in this stupid game, with all that’s going on in the world, is just asinine. Go read a book, talk with your spouse, play with your kids, actually perform your job, instead of hiding in the shitter at work to run your Troopers. Whatever. No one is losing any money when the servers are down, aside from NF themselves. We don’t pay to play. I’m a spender, but I’m paying for extras, or short-cutting events, or not wanting to wait till it becomes available through other means. Will it be appreciated if they give us something to say “hey guys, we’re sorry for the issues, but here’s a little something for your patience”? Hell yes! Do they owe us? Uh, let me think.....

No!

Sorry, but I had to get that out there.

What I wholeheartedly agree with is the Advertisement issue. I actually brought it up before. I’m not even an expert on servers, but know damn well enough that this is a huge hit on their servers. The post above addresses it nicely. Enough already. Free up games resources from useless crap like that. When I decide to spend a few bucks for the month, I know where the store is. Tone it down on the hundreds of “deals”. As stated above, there are a lot of ridiculous offers that are just taking up your resources.

You all stay safe, and stay Maiden!
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Seriously, people. They don’t “owe” us a goddamn thing. Yes, it sucks when the server is all jacked up, and we can’t play, but the notion we are entitled to anything in this stupid game, with all that’s going on in the world, is just asinine. Go read a book, talk with your spouse, play with your kids, actually perform your job, instead of hiding in the shitter at work to run your Troopers. Whatever. No one is losing any money when the servers are down, aside from NF themselves. We don’t pay to play. I’m a spender, but I’m paying for extras, or short-cutting events, or not wanting to wait till it becomes available through other means. Will it be appreciated if they give us something to say “hey guys, we’re sorry for the issues, but here’s a little something for your patience”? Hell yes! Do they owe us? Uh, let me think.....

No!
    I said in another thread the only compensation we're entitled to is an extension of the 3 events that had time where players couldn't play. However NF has set the precedent of 150 ironite for outages of less than a day. Given that game only seems to be stable enough for a few hours each day the precedent would lead me to believe we should also get at least 450 ironite on top of the extensions.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I said in another thread the only compensation we're entitled to is an extension of the 3 events that had time where players couldn't play. However NF has set the precedent of 150 ironite for outages of less than a day. Given that game only seems to be stable enough for a few hours each day the precedent would lead me to believe we should also get at least 450 ironite on top of the extensions.
    Event extensions I can understand purely out of fairness. Same goes for rewards promised for performing a particular task. I just twitch a little when someone starts in about what they are “owed”. I see it in a lot of aspects of society. Probably an age thing too. I’ve yet to chase any kids off my lawn though.
    Saigrim-3244

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigrim View Post
    Event extensions I can understand purely out of fairness. Same goes for rewards promised for performing a particular task. I just twitch a little when someone starts in about what they are “owed”. I see it in a lot of aspects of society. Probably an age thing too. I’ve yet to chase any kids off my lawn though.
    Nobody ever used the word "owed" or expressed this in so many words. Perhaps read again the posts with a little less bias and do not immediately jump to defend and shill for them.
    Azile-1961 / The EXORCISTS Clan

Currently Accepting NEW members!
    Strong clan with great sense of community and active discord server.
    Solid leadership under Bakura-0090 (Guide Writer Extraordinaire)
    Visit our post for more info, accepting Level 100s currently:
    https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...tion-JOIN-NOW!

To this day I guess I'll never know
    Just why they let me go
    But I'll never go dancing no more
    'Til I dance with the dead

OS
    iOS
    My reading comprehension skills are just fine. I never said anyone specifically said the word owe, but the implication is there for anyone who can read it. That aside, you’ve obviously never read any of my stuff over the years if you think I am shilling for this company. Their practices are completely horrendous. I get why and where they are coming from as far as a financial aspect is concerned, but it doesn’t excuse a lot of what they do.

Stay Maiden.
    Saigrim-3244