OS
    iOS

So no more Grimoire soul fragments or what?

So is there just going to be no more Grimoire soul fragments to be earned through challenges? I’m pretty upset if that is the case. I’ve been working hard all month to get Live After Death Eddie, the only challenges I could not complete were the Raven’s Altar ones because it’s just too far out of my reach and requires tons of ironite that I do not have to be able to complete play throughs. I had enough to complete some play throughs but not the amount required to complete the challenges. I think there MIGHT have been 2 arena challenges that included some Grimoire soul fragments as rewards that I was not able to complete. But other than that, I’ve completed literally every single other challenge with Grimoire soul reward fragments and as well as purchased every 300x Grimoire soul fragment pack as soon as they became available to me again. And now there’s only 5 days left for Live After Death Eddie and I’m currently at 22,050/25,000 Grimoire soul fragments. Even if there’s an opportunity to buy one more double set of 300x soul fragment packs, I’ll still be coming up short. I’ll be really upset if I put in this whole month’s worth hard work, to come just short of what is needed and therefore have all that time I put into this be a waste. And I know there is the Nameless Night’s Ender Pack which includes 7,500 Grimoire soul fragments, which would put me up to the amount I need. But there’s no way I’m going sink $40 of my own money just for that. I can’t afford to be spending that much real life money into ensure that I’m going to have a character in a game I play.

I just don’t think it’s fair for people like myself who just don’t really have the means and resources to meet the demands despite the fact I’m putting in tons of work to achieve it. I remember there being an occasion where there would be an event, but instead of having the set prizes for said event (characters, talismans, etc.) become no longer available, they had it set to where those thing were still available and that you could just purchase the remainder of what you need to attain the prize. And I don’t mean “purchase” as in just the purchasing with your actual real life money, but also purchase the rest with in-game currency, like ironite and all that. If that could happen with the Grimoire soul fragments, I would be pleased with that.

Sorry I don’t mean to rant, but damn it’s frustrating.

I think in one of the dev update posts they said they would give out a compensation pack that would include grimoire fragments, havent seen it so far. I've got 23,700 frags so also very close

OS
    Android
    Yes, it was said that we are going to have a compensation pack that will include Sinful and Grimoire frags. However, I don´t expect we will have 3kk frags... thas a lot... and I am sorry to say this, but Raven altar was a must-do if you were looking for LAD. I think, the mega-event itself was really ok.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Isn't there another pack you can buy that gives you 3,000 grimoire frags? From what you've written, that should be enough and it's cheaper than the ender pack. I feel your pain though, this was a fairly challenging event and the Raven dungeon is pretty grueling even if you can beat it.
    Volrath-0020
    Joms Vikings 4 Lyfe

OS
    Android
    We learned in the first Grind for ed month long event. You need to run the featured dungeon a few hundred times or spend money on frag packs. I'm sorry but expecting to earn just through the achievements of the shorter events was an incorrect assumption on your part.

I too couldn't finish the dungeon without ironite at the start of the event but I worked on it and by the end of it, not only could I complete the dungeon but I finished all of the dungeon achievements which helped refund a lot of the up front cost of getting a team that could beat the dungeon.

Hindsight 20/20: next time there's a featured dungeon put in the effort and get that dungeon a place you can complete it. There are some nice guides on here for all of the dungeons; those will be your friend.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I had 22000 grimoire frags & decided I wouldn't be able to get enough to get LAD so i spent them. Now they're saying they're going to be giving some away! I could have bought some but I refuse to spend actual money on a game as buggy as this. Even now I have to restart the game every 5 minutes!

OS
    iOS
    It’s not that I refused to complete the Raven’s Altar challenges, it’s that I couldn’t. I tried to, but it was demand that was just simply too far out of reach. I could play through some rounds fairly well. But then other took me hundreds of ironite to finally accomplish. I went through a few thousand ironite. I used practically everything I had. It got to where I just didn’t have enough ironite to 1. Buy more sands of time to continue playing through rounds, and 2. Pay the amount to continue when I die.

I just wanted to point that out because I don’t want it to seem like I’m lazy and that I thought I could just do it without beating the Raven’s Altar challenges. I went as far as I could with them. But doing so depleted me of the resources I need to continue on doing so.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
    It’s not that I refused to complete the Raven’s Altar challenges, it’s that I couldn’t. I tried to, but it was demand that was just simply too far out of reach. I could play through some rounds fairly well. But then other took me hundreds of ironite to finally accomplish. I went through a few thousand ironite. I used practically everything I had. It got to where I just didn’t have enough ironite to 1. Buy more sands of time to continue playing through rounds, and 2. Pay the amount to continue when I die.

I just wanted to point that out because I don’t want it to seem like I’m lazy and that I thought I could just do it without beating the Raven’s Altar challenges. I went as far as I could with them. But doing so depleted me of the resources I need to continue on doing so.
    The problem was that you spent that ironite on pointless revives. A revive in a dungeon is NEVER cost efficient. That ironite would have been better spent on building a team that can get through that dungeon. I was at a very similar place you were at the beginning of the month. I just didn't have the characters or talismans. Once you get past that initial hurdle this dungeon gets progressively easier as you max talismans and get the wicker characters awakened.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    The problem was that you spent that ironite on pointless revives. A revive in a dungeon is NEVER cost efficient. That ironite would have been better spent on building a team that can get through that dungeon. I was at a very similar place you were at the beginning of the month. I just didn't have the characters or talismans. Once you get past that initial hurdle this dungeon gets progressively easier as you max talismans and get the wicker characters awakened.
    It wasn’t just the revives though, I bought many mega packs of sands of time so I can get a lot in. You said you were in a similar position at the beginning of the month. To get past the initial hurdle, did you go off of what is posted in the Raven’s Altar to get what you needed to overcome it? I’ve looked at the thread and I have some of that stuff required, but the stuff I don’t isn’t really stuff that can be bought with with ironite unfortunately.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
    It wasn’t just the revives though, I bought many mega packs of sands of time so I can get a lot in. You said you were in a similar position at the beginning of the month. To get past the initial hurdle, did you go off of what is posted in the Raven’s Altar to get what you needed to overcome it? I’ve looked at the thread and I have some of that stuff required, but the stuff I don’t isn’t really stuff that can be bought with with ironite unfortunately.
    I used that thread as a starting point but also played around with my own ideas. Even without an OP talisman set, awakening Wickerman 1 level (which wasn't even on that guide) helped immensely. Those first runs to get Shadow Wicker man were the hardest and longest.

The sands of time are a decent purchase but personally I don't buy or advocate buying Mega refills unless you know you can set autoplay on and burn through all of those sands without any intervention on your part (death, failure, run out of troopers, etc.).
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 04-06-2020 at 10:17 PM.

MuzakMaker-3591