Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Of course I don't like it. At this point we're reaching a point where we're just trying to change the point of raids to better fit our wants instead of adapting to situation we have.

Want the max rewards possible for fighting Odin? Either wait for Odin X to refresh or remember that you can fight a lower Odin. A full Odin 9 grants more than a red Odin X.

Yes this should be a group effort, maybe we should have Odin X have the 4 Million HP added back.

We already get a reward for killing Odin X. He's back at full health so the clan can get more points.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    [Previous post deleted. Duplicate. My bad.]

Small point, but OK. Odin IX is not also in the read (theoretical). Now what?

If this were an individual challenge, I'm with you. Adapt to the situation; it doesn't need to be fair. When the Banshee Cosmic was broken and we were getting Banshee/LAD in gauntlet... and I already spent my LAD... I didn't send any tickets or make any posts. I tried to beat it, anyway. (And I did. With Killer's Ed. Boy, did that feel good.)

But we should not need to adapt to a situation that pits players against players, if unintentionally and not all the time. In this situation, the Devs should meet us halfway for a better experience for everyone.

I know you have your opinion and I'm not going to change it. Honestly, I wasn't planning on posting at all, but my "Continue Button" thing was still up on my screen and I thought I hadn't sent it off yet...

Still coming down off the high of having a working Pharaoh Dog Cosmic. OK? Don't judge.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    It really does seem like the root of the problem is that you have a clan where everybody wants max rewards all the time and when they can't get those max rewards it pits those players against each other.

If your clan can't cooperate and give and take, that's not the devs fault and they shouldn't have to rework raids just to deal with that.

If all of the Odin's are in the red, then someone in the clan needs to just suck it up for the good of the team and be okay with only getting the minimum number of points.

I agree we shouldn't have to resort to outside resources to coordinate raiding.

There's also the fact that clans are limited to 30 people and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that small of a group to be able to work together and trade off clean up duty and soloing/doing massive damage.

Now of course as a player who wants all the shiny things and to max my own experience I always want to be able to do max damage to Odin. I just don't think that's a good idea for the game as a whole.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I respect your opinion, but don't dis on my clan, man. (Or woman.. but that doesn't have the same ring to it.)

Did you miss the part where I said I would never kick a player for engaging with content and wanting to play?

The problem is, we have players hailing from probably about ten different countries speaking about four different languages. And our Discord is optional. (We'd like to keep it that way.) So 1) I want to encourage players to play, whenever they can. And 2) I don't want them to feel obligated to attack or not attack at certain times but 3) this shouldn't create situations deleterious to all players.

And I said at the very beginning that I'm part of the problem. I shouldn't have to feel guilty for doing a really good job in a difficult challenge, but leaving Odin in the red because RNG and Odin cheats after about ten turns (Attacking through shields, immunity, and invincibility, sometimes all at the same time. Where in his skill set does it say he can do that?). I've also (as I said) gone in, only to come out again and see that someone else posted they were going in moments after I decided to, or moments before I exited. Some of these times, we're going to step on each other's toes, coordination or no.

OS
    Android
    I (male, but yeah that phrase sounds so much better with man) did not intend to insult your clan and I agree that it would be stupid to kick a player for engaging content and wanting to play. If you felt insulted I do apologize.

The thing is, none of that in your statement, to me, sounds like a problem with how Odin is set up currently. Since the actual raid battle is primary focus we shouldn't be adjusting that because some tertiary functionality doesn't function well or properly. The primary is working just fine (aside from that wonkiness you mentioned which I agree is annoying).

There is no good way to coordinate - Not Odin Problem, in game chat sucks I don't think any of us are going to ever say that in chat feature is great.

Feeling obligated to attack or not attack - Not an Odin problem, that's purely clan culture and a result of the fact that the rewards are too valuable for a horribly broken part of the game.

Stepping on other's toes because of attacking at the same time - Again coordination issue. Still don't see how that requires an entire rework of how Odin's health works. Miscommunication can happen sure but adding in that Odin's health can fluctuate, with the dev team we got, is for sure going to introduce more bugs into the system.

But as I've mentioned all of this just a place for us to get our differing opinions out there and might all be irrelevant once this buggy and only accessible to a few players part of the game leaves beta.

We could see an entire restructuring or maybe my dissenting opinion get's swept under the rug as "can't please them all". I never meant to insult or belittle your opinion as I see where it's coming from and I do think it's very valid. But, the devs and CS read these forums and I just wanted to offer up my differing opinion so that hopefully they can get a more complete picture of how players are feeling.

Plus it's not like I have anything else to do right now in relation to this game since the servers are crapping themselves.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    The current system definitely needs tweaking. Since they changed the scoring, weak players inadvertently screw over the whole clan every time they play, by reducing the overall number of clan points available.

The clan feature is supposed to be about working together but is actively designed to turn clan mates against each other.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisIsDead View Post
    The current system definitely needs tweaking. Since they changed the scoring, weak players inadvertently screw over the whole clan every time they play, by reducing the overall number of clan points available.

The clan feature is supposed to be about working together but is actively designed to turn clan mates against each other.
    This is the reason I’m advocating a change; it’s not really about rewards.

If you’re the person responsible for putting Odin in the Red, as stated ^^, it feels bad. And that’s silly, because you’ve done a good job on a tough challenge. It it were an individual challenge, I would just kick myself a few times (figuratively speaking) and regroup. NBD. Good effort/Engagement shouldn’t “let the clan down.”

This is the thesis of my (at this point) novella. I’ll be adding a Table of Contents and Chapter Titles next.

OS
    Android
    So just because a top tier clan can't play 100% optimized it needs reworking? I still don't get why the possibility of leaving Odin in the red needs a rework of his health system entirely.

If they did implement this "auto refresh" we're just going to get the raid points required for each level raised back up which would only benefit those of us in the top tier clans. The game is not just for us.

If you honestly feel bad (or your clan makes you feel bad) about doing your best even if it leaves Odin in the red that is the problem.

You did your best, if what you left bugs you that much either cough up an extra SoB (or buy one) and clean up your own mess. Your roster can hold up to 600 characters, there's no way all 600 of them are optimized to solo Odin X each and everytime. Have some on hand that specialize in clean up duty. There are toons that capitalize on missing HP. I find those are super useful when cleaning up Odin.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Compromise: All rewards based on damage dealt, maxed at 3000 raid points for clan and et cetera. (Difference between points for 100% Odin and 98% Odin possibly more frustrating than Odin in the Red. 1000 point difference? Seriously?) Small individual bonus for clearing an Odin no matter his starting HP

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Compromise: All rewards based on damage dealt, maxed at 3000 raid points for clan and et cetera. (Difference between points for 100% Odin and 98% Odin possibly more frustrating than Odin in the Red. 1000 point difference? Seriously?) Small individual bonus for clearing an Odin no matter his starting HP
    that would be a nice adjustment. 1000 points for less tha 5% of max hp is way to much.