Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 88
  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    86
    As much as the killing off then back to 100% health does my nut in, if you can find a time he's at 90-100% health: PoM Ed with as high HP as possible. S. Banshee W/ Impulse, Necropolis W/ Ragnarok/Echo Cosmic and S. Onyx Son W/ Alchemy absolutely annihilates him in one run. Simple fact is save those till endgame and your clan will climb way up there in the ranked rewards

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    192
    @Hartacus: save what until Endgame now? I have Odin teams for Beginning, End, and Middle game. And they all kill. I can kill Odin 21 times easy. No need to save anything.

    This post is not about getting advice for full kills. It is about making Odin fair so he is a force for clan unity as opposed to clan division. Someone going in on a full Odin and putting him at 98%... that subtracts from the clanís potential (Fewer points can now be earned than had they not gone in). Odin should not be set up that way. I want to assume that person ^^ made an honest effort for the clan, and an honest effort for the clan should not be punished by the gameís reward system.
    The proof is in the pudding. READ THE PUDDING.

    First officer, "Down Under." Where Eddie > Odin.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    571
    Again fully disagree. Odin's health is perfectly fine the way it's set up.

    This still sounds like you have a toxic clan if people are getting upset because they have their "max rewards ruined". I've given plenty of reasons why his current set up can foster unity that I have listed throughout this thread.

    TL;DR of those for a refresher, by having his health not regenerate you are actually forced to work together as a team to either take down Odin together (for smaller/newer clans) or coordinate/maximize your teams so that everyone who can solo odin does so in a way to fit those min/maxing needs(for the clans full of top tier players and/or whales).

    If his health was always at 100% for everyone who attacks then it's just up to 30 players just having their totals thrown together which sounds a lot less like team work to me. There's no coordination or team work involved if you can don't rely on or (hopefully not) get hindered by your team.
    MuzakMaker-3591

    Hard to enjoy new features when the old features are still broken

    Old Man Yells at Cloud

  4. #64
    Legacy Rain88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    Again fully disagree. Odin's health is perfectly fine the way it's set up.
    Perfectly fine?
    99% damage = 2500 points + average rewards
    100% damage = 3000 points + full kill rewards
    The mathematics in me is outraged...

    It's plain simple, it should be:
    99% damage = 2970 points
    100% damage = 3000 points
    Last edited by Rain88; 05-16-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Rainmaker88-0976
    "Down Under" clan

  5. #65
    Member Azile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Guangzhou, China (Canadian Expat)
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain88 View Post
    Perfectly fine?
    99% damage = 2500 points + full kill rewards
    100% damage = 3000 points + average rewards
    The mathematics in me is outraged...

    It's plain simple, it should be:
    99% damage = 2970 points
    100% damage = 3000 points
    Agree 100% with this and rewards should be based on the % of damage you do to him with bonus rewards for finishing him off dead.

    However, this does not fix or address the numerous issues present when 2 players enter and fight at same time because what happens is 1 player goes in, fights him from 100% to 0%. Meanwhile, while he was doing this, another player entered, did 20% damage and wiped. First player then gets rewards based on doing 80% damage instead of the 100%.

    That mechanic is also a serious issue.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Azile View Post
    However, this does not fix or address the numerous issues present when 2 players enter and fight at same time because what happens is 1 player goes in, fights him from 100% to 0%. Meanwhile, while he was doing this, another player entered, did 20% damage and wiped. First player then gets rewards based on doing 80% damage instead of the 100%.
    From my experience it's not like that. You will get full rewards if Odin is at 100% when you start, no matter how many players are in or how much damage they do. If it suits you, the entire clan can go in at once and everyone will get max rewards.
    Member of Jomsvikings

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain88 View Post
    Perfectly fine?
    99% damage = 2500 points + average rewards
    100% damage = 3000 points + full kill rewards
    The mathematics in me is outraged...

    It's plain simple, it should be:
    99% damage = 2970 points
    100% damage = 3000 points
    That I do agree with (as it's a complaint about rewards not health), but the OP thinks that Odin should always have full health when you attack which is the point I disagree with.
    MuzakMaker-3591

    Hard to enjoy new features when the old features are still broken

    Old Man Yells at Cloud

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    192
    @MusakMaker please read the whole post. The Compromise eliminates the instant refresh from the equation.

    I enjoy a good debate, but I thought we agreed you would stop bad-mouthing my clan on this thread? Please do so, or I will have to refer to you as NoiseMaker. I mean, it makes sense that a man who presumes a thing about a cloud would presume a thing about a clan he isnít part of. But I am really, really asking nicely.

    Points based on % damage, no refresh, small individual bonus for clear. This is the compromise. (Or if you like, idea.... 5? 6? Whatever.)
    The proof is in the pudding. READ THE PUDDING.

    First officer, "Down Under." Where Eddie > Odin.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    192
    One more thing... because I just canít seem to get all my ideas into single posts today. The individual rewards donít seem to be affected when you kill an Odin from 98%. At least not in any sense I care about (theyíre always good). Itís just the Clan points that are hurt... which doesnít make sense.

    Thatís all.

    -Fan of the game; ďthe OPĒ; noise-reduction specialist
    The proof is in the pudding. READ THE PUDDING.

    First officer, "Down Under." Where Eddie > Odin.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    @MusakMaker please read the whole post. The Compromise eliminates the instant refresh from the equation.

    I enjoy a good debate, but I thought we agreed you would stop bad-mouthing my clan on this thread? Please do so, or I will have to refer to you as NoiseMaker. I mean, it makes sense that a man who presumes a thing about a cloud would presume a thing about a clan he isn’t part of. But I am really, really asking nicely.

    Points based on % damage, no refresh, small individual bonus for clear. This is the compromise. (Or if you like, idea.... 5? 6? Whatever.)
    I never said "You're clan is toxic" I said if people are upset about other people screwing each other that behaviour is toxic. It was your own words that are making it sound like your clan is toxic.

    And as you can see from any of my other posts (like my last one, did you read?) I do agree that points should be based off of damage. I only missed that you finally conceded that refresh is a bad idea, as I tend to only skim posts of those who resort to name calling.

    I assumed when you were talking about the 98% you were still talking about personal rewards. That's a mistake on my end.

    I skimmed and assumed. For that I do apologize.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-16-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: To add to the original, clean up phrasing
    MuzakMaker-3591

    Hard to enjoy new features when the old features are still broken

    Old Man Yells at Cloud

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •