Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Danger: Odin in The Red

I’m seeing a problem, and I’m part of it. Seeing an Odin in the red feels bad. Putting an Odin in the red feels bad.. if you can’t finish him. Specifically Odin X, who is the gift that keeps on coming.

Nobody wants to battle that Odin. He doesn’t give good individual rewards; he doesn’t give good clan rewards. Without knowing exactly how much health he has, you don’t know how much power to bring to that fight. And as an officer, who should be leading by example, should I be the one to take him out? Or should I save my blood, because maybe I can help the clan more that way? But then, doesn’t everyone have that thought?

I like the Odin challenge most of the time and think he fosters camaraderie. But not when he’s in the red.

The good news is, I think this can be fixed. I think that we can have an Odin battle that is always good for the players and our community of players, and it might not be too hard to do.

Option # 1: Clear Bonus

Crafty clans might be able to take advantage of a clan clear bonus, i.e. set Odin low and send several players in at once. But what if there was an individual bonus, which was always the same, and only triggered on Odins that were below starting life total when attacked? It would not have to be much, maybe 10 ironite or something.. but would be a nice gesture to the person willing to do the dirty work and kill that Odin in the red. (Or even that Odin at 90%, because only a fresh Odin delivers max clan rewards.)

Option # 2: Refresh Button

We have it for Arena battles. Why not for Odin? Hit the button, and Odin comes back fresh (X only, please). Anyone who is in the battle gets to finish. Then there is a cool down for the refresh. Odin would never stay in the red for hours while people play chicken.

Option # 3: Odin X Works Differently

This might actually be the easiest (and best) option. Whenever anyone exits the Odin X fight, he pops up fresh automatically. You could still kill him and get the full compliment of individual and clan rewards, but you wouldn’t have to send guilty apologies when Odin gets you right at the end of a hard battle. More importantly, there would be no cause for conflict within a clan for leaving Odins incomplete; no discussion required about who should be responsible for that Odin. We could always use our blood when it is available and wouldn’t have to wait or request times to battle (for the sake of the clan).

As always.. if you made it this far, thank you for listening.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    First of all, thanks for the Care Pack.
    Now on the topic: twice I was caught on such a fishing rod. For the first time it was like this: a little red on the scale, I waited, after 10 minutes the same thing. Okay, I went in with a team capable of a quick throw. Odin - 100%. Needless to say, I had to spend another team to get to the end.
    For the second time, the same initial situation: but now you won’t deceive me. I take a strong team. Odin - 0.99%. One hit and I finished. As a result, instead of 3k, the clan gets 500 points

OS
    Android
    I was thinking we needed a thread about how to improve raid battles, some good constructive criticism rather than just talk about the bugs, connection issues etc. Which do need fixing but thats already been discussed.

I am enjoying the challenge but there is clearly room for improvement.

I think either of option one or three could work. If an individual still gets a decent reward for clearing Odin regardless of what health he was when they started it makes it worth it. If it resets back to 100% after every battle that could solve the issue too.

That would only leave the issue when you go in when it says its 100 percent health but between the brief time you select the team and go into the battle, someone else was in there and has had a loss and you had no way of knowing. Its now down to say below 50% and you get close to the bare minimum rewards. There is the clan chat but I'm not convinced it works all the time as it should (I mean no other part of the game does) and even if it does, how does one communicate via clan chat when they are in the battle? Discord is popular with clans, I use the browser version myself but what if they are using the app and on the same device as LotB? Im assuming they can't communicate when that is the case either. So maybe we need a way to know someone else is battling Odin? Or a way to communicate while in raid? Although if the problem regarding individual rewards for clearing Odin are improved like in the first suggestion maybe this issue wouldnt even be an issue.

Thanks for starting this thread OP.
    Last edited by thealchemist; 04-17-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    [QUOTE=thealchemist;123474]

Reset Odin X to 100% after each battle. Perhaps this is what we need

OS
    iOS
    [QUOTE=scimitar;123475]
    Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post

Reset Odin X to 100% after each battle. Perhaps this is what we need
    Good summary of my post :-p. I can get a little long-winded..

OS
    Android
    I actually don't think it should be changed at all, let one of the lower members in a clan finish him off or just take a team whose power is based on Missing HP . Raids should take a bit of planning, coordination, and skill.

But hey, this is all theoretical on my part since I can't play this part of the game 50% of the time.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I actually don't think it should be changed at all, let one of the lower members in a clan finish him off or just take a team whose power is based on Missing HP . Raids should take a bit of planning, coordination, and skill.

But hey, this is all theoretical on my part since I can't play this part of the game 50% of the time.
    Well, I wouldn’t have posted without expecting some dissent.

Your point about coordination and skill is read, loud and clear. #2 would perhaps address part of this; allow you to attack a low Odin IF you wanted to.

Not trying to start an argument, but: there can never really be perfect coordination on Odin. Not thirty minutes ago I went in, battled him with an experimental team, and left some life up. Only when I checked out of the fight did I notice that someone had posted they were going in. See? I think/hope we overlapped, because Odin was fresh when I checked back. Otherwise I stepped on his toes and our clan lost 1,000 points. There was no chance for communication there, once I was in, unless we had both been using two devices with a non-game chat open on one and the game on the other, and we had both been assiduously checking the chat.

As to the “lower members” point... that has validity, too... but personally I would think it an abuse of power to ask that favor of a clan mate I presume to be “lower.”

Thanks for replying. Keep em’ comin’!

OS
    iOS
    Oo how about this:

Option #4: Clan leader can manually set Odin X to lose health/behave as is or refresh automatically after battles.

If there is Odin coordination, it’s going to start at the top. Clans could internally discuss/decide what’s best for them.

Ultimately for me, this is a post about clan health. Is Odin going to be a disruptive force or a constructive one? I don’t think “red” Odins are good for anyone, no matter how many good natured cooperators volunteer for the duty.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Well, I wouldn’t have posted without expecting some dissent.

Your point about coordination and skill is read, loud and clear. #2 would perhaps address part of this; allow you to attack a low Odin IF you wanted to.

Not trying to start an argument, but: there can never really be perfect coordination on Odin. Not thirty minutes ago I went in, battled him with an experimental team, and left some life up. Only when I checked out of the fight did I notice that someone had posted they were going in. See? I think/hope we overlapped, because Odin was fresh when I checked back. Otherwise I stepped on his toes and our clan lost 1,000 points. There was no chance for communication there, once I was in, unless we had both been using two devices with a non-game chat open on one and the game on the other, and we had both been assiduously checking the chat.

As to the “lower members” point... that has validity, too... but personally I would think it an abuse of power to ask that favor of a clan mate I presume to be “lower.”

Thanks for replying. Keep em’ comin’!
    Yeah, the "lower member" was kind of poor wording on my part.

If you are a clan with all 30 members each with more than enough teams that can solo Odin X it's going to feel like a moot point until clans get fleshed out. But those clans are edge cases and we shouldn't be tailoring the game to them.

In fact looking at the last time the devs released any hard numbers that could be used to analyze the player base's "power level" most of the players can't even finish LOL XV. Most of the people on here fall in to the group that can finish so if the devs only listen to us, that can unbalance the raids to a point where it will become hopeless to the newer players or those with not as strong rosters.

You think it's disheartening to not be able to finish off Odin X in one goal? How do you think a clan would feel if no matter how much damage they do, if a single member can't kill him in one go, none of the progress really matters.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Oo how about this:

Option #4: Clan leader can manually set Odin X to lose health/behave as is or refresh automatically after battles.

If there is Odin coordination, it’s going to start at the top. Clans could internally discuss/decide what’s best for them.

Ultimately for me, this is a post about clan health. Is Odin going to be a disruptive force or a constructive one? I don’t think “red” Odins are good for anyone, no matter how many good natured cooperators volunteer for the duty.
    Again, this is ok for those of us in "higher power" clans but again the devs can't just look at us as representative groups for the whole player base. I imagine once we get the other bosses, clans will naturally sort of self divide into those players who are "clean up members" and those who are going to be soloing.

And honestly, with all of the bugs that exist in our current system, I can only imagine what will happen if we introduce an option to toggle how raids operate. Now we have two sets of scenarios that can be bugged.

MuzakMaker-3591