Threaded View

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    This only highlights the problem.

No one should be discouraged from playing the game. The only way to get the full Odin suite of rewards (individual & clan) is to kill a fresh Odin dead. I don’t want anyone in my clan to start thinking they shouldn’t attack a fresh Odin any more than I want them to think they should be obligated to attack an Odin in the red. I want them to feel like they are helping any time they choose to participate. (And I want them to earn the best individual rewards they are able to earn and participate whenever they can.)

Refreshing Odin addresses this concern.
    Refreshing Odin only disguises this concern. I'm sorry but this just seems to be a fundemental difference in how we believe Clans should work.

I agree that doing more work should net more rewards but having Odin's health refresh after every battle removes strategy and team work from the equation. What's the point of making this a team effort if your contributions only add to an arbitrary point total.

Leaving an Odin in the red allows you to use different teams, requires different strategies and gives some of the "lower power" members of a clan a way to contribute plus doesn't leave the clans full of players like this with a sense of hopelessness. Why on earth would they want to battle an Odin that they can't kill?

Edit for additional thought: Removing the need to kill Odin, also removes the reward of killing Odin. If you can't kill Odin in one go there should be some sort of punishment. Just refreshing Odin removes that punishment. There's a reason Odins 1-9 aren't permanently dead once you move to the next level. If you want to get more rewards and raid points for your SoB and Odin X is in the red, you can get more rewards taking down a fresh nine instead of finishing off the X.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 04-17-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591