Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    The only thing that you guys will be getting from this discussion is probably a change in the way that the Sands Of Blood work.
    Nobody wants to use 1 SOB in a low odin and everybody wants to spend 1 SOB on a full odin... so they would/will probably change the needs of the SOB to fight an odin at different types of health.
    And that is never good for your player wallet.

Example:

0,01~9,99% health Odin - 1 SOB
    10,00~19,99% health Odin - 2 SOB
    20,00~29,99% health Odin - 3 SOB
    30,00~39,99% health Odin - 4 SOB
    40,00~49,99% health Odin - 5 SOB
    50,00~59,99% health Odin - 6 SOB
    60,00~69,99% health Odin - 7 SOB
    70,00~79,99% health Odin - 8 SOB
    80,00~99,99% health Odin - 9 SOB
    ~~~100%~~~ health Odin - 10 SOB

Anyway i would not be mad with this dynamic way of SOB consume change of use, actually it makes sense "sands of blood", if odin doesn't has his full "health" he lost some blood, soo you don't need that much of SOB to enter the dungeon.

BUT ONLY IF ITS FAIR FOR THE PLAYER, and by this the normal regeneration of SOB need to be changed aswell:

1- Same time cooldown time but instead of 3 SOB, now would be 30 SOB, and the in-between times added regenerations 1-10, each 10% of the normal cooldown for 1 current would be added 1 SOB.
    2- Purchased 1 SOB (60 ironite) would be changed to 10 SOB without ironite price change, and other currently ways of obtain SOB would not be changed their price and changed the ammount proportion by 10.

This would optimize even more the Clan's need's for cooperation and added another level of coordination to be synchronized between SOB cooldowns and players to take alternated Runs:

Example coordination between 3 Clan Players in Odin X:
    1- has 30 SOB
    2- has 4 SOB
    3- has 7 SOB

Odin has 69% HP, how to maximize their play?

Player 3 plays first, and depending on how well he goes, has Player 2 as backup to finish his odin if he falls below 40%.
    Player 2 Finishes Odin X and tells the big guy player 1 to make his 3 Solo Runs.
    If he dies in the middle of the way some other player may help to finish the runs.

In the end everything will be about coordination and would be able to achieve even better results in the Rank Points than now.

OS
    iOS
    @Hugo I think this is a very interesting idea and/but a completely different way to attack the problem. Totally for the innovation... but it does seem like kind of a major revamp of the everything. I am hoping (because I am techno-dumb, and absolutely not a programmer) some of my suggestions would be tiny code tweaks by comparison.

So for it/not for it?

Definitely interesting. Thanks for posting!
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    iOS
    Another thought on the "clans decide" idea:

In another mobile game I played (once upon a time, and I don't remember what it was called) the clan leader had to initiate an event (i.e. Raids) before everyone else could participate. If the Devs could be "in" on the idea of, "letting Odin function as is or allowing for an automatic reset on his health on Odin X," it could be set up such that the clan leader makes this decision, once, at the beginning of each "Odin week" and sets the decision for the week. After the decision was made, all could participate.

This seems like it would be less bug-prone than a system where someone could waffle on that decision at will.

Again, I know nothing about programming.

OS
    Android
    Nothing really changes, it just stops being unfair to clean red odin because its proportional to the sands you can use... except the ammount of times that the dungeon can be played leading to more connection problems predictively

OS
    Android
    I think a huge thing we're all forgetting is that until raids are actually in a playable state all the time for all the players, it wouldn't be smart to get any re-balancing or restructuring how raids.

The devs and game designers will have a much better picture of how raids are being played for a larger swath of the player base which well help keep it properly balanced.

I highly doubt it was intended to have clans with a bunch of players constantly clearing Odin by themselves. Expecting to get the best of the best rewards every time is most likely not a good thing from a game balance stand point.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Too much thinkin......

When Odin dies.. clan should get the 3K pts... doesn't matter if he started with 100% HP, 90% HP or 5% HP.. when he dies the clan gets 3k pts and every member of the clan should get the other rewards associate with a full-health kill.. skill shards, frags, tribute, etc.... the individual player that lands the actual killing blow.. should get MORE rewards.

think of it this way....

Odin kill is like a tier 5-6 sacrifice... decent rewards and all clan members get them each time Odin dies, clan gets 3k raid pts.
    The killing blow is like a vortex fill.. better rewards and ONLY the player that dealt the killing blow gets those.

Other rewards are as they currently are.. based on dmg dealt.. so, if a player can full-kill Odin, he earns 6k raid pts for the clan plus other clan rewards AND the killing blow rewards for himself.

This eliminates and hesitancy to clean things up when Odin is in the red and actually causes a race to the Odin's death within the clan.... But also ensures the 3K pts for death is always awarded. Within the clan, anyone capable of a full-kill would need to work with the clan to ensure they are the only person fighting, otherwise its' a free for all...with little or no downside. Biggest drawback is communication.. if you want a full-kill you have to have clan members that will back off and let you start and end a battle. -- and the HP bar BEFORE entering the battle needs to ACTUALLY reflect the correct amount of HP Odin has -- so annoying to see it 100% green, start the battle and see he's got 30% HP left.....

------------------------------

All this posted....

Devs most likely (hopefully) mapped all the rewards out. And I imagine they are how they want them to be with only quantities to possibly tweak. I suspect any change in HOW rewards are awarded is going to fall on deaf ears. They aren't exactly known for listening to player ideas.
    Last edited by Yup; 04-17-2020 at 11:46 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    @Puntwothree, to not quote what you wrote until now.

While I agree with most of what you said, one big hole in your thinking is the assumption that newer/weaker players are entitled to highest possible rewards. Now I drew this out of your responses throughout the thread and if I got the wrong idea correct me and move on.

If you cannot beat something, what is your first thought?
    1) Alright, I'll come back to it later with stronger toons
    Or
    2) This is too hard, I'll ask developers to make it easier.

Point stands that beating not-100% Odin gives worse rewards and something should be done, Hugos idea is the best one so far in my opinion. Setting up damage points scaling up to 2000 and an additional 1000 for a kill is also a pretty good idea. I don't know much about programming either so can't tell if it requires much work, but are we only suggesting easy fixes or actual good solutions for a better game? Let the idea out and maybe after all the bug fixing it gets implemented.

Back to my original topic. Changes to Odin have to actually better the performance, not make him more accessible for new players. If you can't beat Odin X, try lower levels. If you can't beat those maybe raids aren't for you. Not everyone has a clan of 30 high tier players who work all week to get as high as possible. Raids so far seem kind of similar to gauntlet. Not everyone is meant to reach S+ tiers. For gauntlet you need a good collection of characters and for raids you need a good clan.

To sum it up, changes should be made but they should not be aimed at making raids easier (as that's what some of proposed things would undoubtedly do).

For now someone will have to waste a SoB, which is very expensive too, to clear a non-100% Odin. I hope devs will find a proper way to change this up while keeping a sense of achievement for clearing Odin and reaching high weekly reward tiers.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    @yup: I like a lot of the concepts, here. Like, a lot. What you’re asking for may be a tad too generous, but “something triggers for everyone when Odin dies” (rewards, clan points, et. cetera) seems like an idea around which a compromise could be struck. And if Odin functioned this way, one could really “be the hero,” by finishing Odin off, which is an appealing idea.

With the kill-shot individual bonus (#1) so there is always some incentive to battle “Odin in the Red,” I think a lot of people could be happy with this. Without it, rewards seem to get more generous but the same play/not play dynamic may still exist.

OS
    iOS
    If something triggered for everyone when Odin died, I think more casual players might start to take more notice as to when Odin was being attacked and get more excited about playing him.

OS
    iOS
    Yeah that's why I say tier 5-6 sacrifice.. the death rewards should guarantee a given amount of raid pts... then other rewards I'll leave for devs to figure out... they shouldn't be too generous.. perhaps like some tribute and some talisman frags... but it should be a clan-wide reward every time Odin dies.

Biggest drawback.. someone going for a full-kill and another unwitting clan member joining.... ruining the full kill bonus rewards.. but... the killing blow rewards would still be possible if they aren't sniped by the unwitting clan member. To be frank, I can see some clan members being ejected for taking advantage of killing blows.... So a lot of in-fighting could occur.

If nothing else.. the clan-wide rewards and guaranteed 3K raid pts upon Odin's death should be a thing...
    Last edited by Yup; 04-17-2020 at 11:59 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..