Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Cool

@Hugo: actually... methinks if our resources were just multiplied by 10 (30 blood instead of 3, et cetera) and refresh time divided by 10, then they could charge 1 blood * (percentage of Odin’s health / ten, rounded up) to fight Odin. Then, change Odin so he gives 2,000 clan points max with a 1-time 1,000 clear bonus. This could solve everything...

I think this is almost exactly what you said, but the numbers scared me off.

EDIT: The more I think about your suggestion, @Hugo, the more I like it. One of the Forums I was a part of once had a "solved" button. Honestly, if I had that option here I might exercise it.
    Last edited by Puntwothree; 04-18-2020 at 12:06 AM.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Too much thinkin......

When Odin dies.. clan should get the 3K pts... doesn't matter if he started with 100% HP, 90% HP or 5% HP.. when he dies the clan gets 3k pts and every member of the clan should get the other rewards associate with a full-health kill.. skill shards, frags, tribute, etc.... the individual player that lands the actual killing blow.. should get MORE rewards.

think of it this way....

Odin kill is like a tier 5-6 sacrifice... decent rewards and all clan members get them each time Odin dies, clan gets 3k raid pts.
    The killing blow is like a vortex fill.. better rewards and ONLY the player that dealt the killing blow gets those.

Other rewards are as they currently are.. based on dmg dealt.. so, if a player can full-kill Odin, he earns 6k raid pts for the clan plus other clan rewards AND the killing blow rewards for himself.

This eliminates and hesitancy to clean things up when Odin is in the red and actually causes a race to the Odin's death within the clan.... But also ensures the 3K pts for death is always awarded. Within the clan, anyone capable of a full-kill would need to work with the clan to ensure they are the only person fighting, otherwise its' a free for all...with little or no downside. Biggest drawback is communication.. if you want a full-kill you have to have clan members that will back off and let you start and end a battle. -- and the HP bar BEFORE entering the battle needs to ACTUALLY reflect the correct amount of HP Odin has -- so annoying to see it 100% green, start the battle and see he's got 30% HP left.....

------------------------------

All this posted....

Devs most likely (hopefully) mapped all the rewards out. And I imagine they are how they want them to be with only quantities to possibly tweak. I suspect any change in HOW rewards are awarded is going to fall on deaf ears. They aren't exactly known for listening to player ideas.
    honestly this is the best suggestion i have seen for odin although less skillshards would be nice also the rewards should only be for people who damaged him
    Last edited by Saints_sin; 04-18-2020 at 12:06 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Well, @yup, if there was a individual clear bonus.. it could in theory be doled out more than once (no in-fighting, no sniping) so long as it was relatively small and clan rewards were not doled out this way (this could be taken advantage of too much by savvy clans). Or, the "Odin is being attacked!" option could come into play, and simultaneous clears made impossible.

OS
    iOS
    @mateja: I think you did get me wrong, at least a little bit. So I'll try to summarize the crux of what I believe to be the problem.

The way the Odin raid is set up right now, a player can actively hurt his/her clan by playing at certain times, causing frustration and potentially in-fighting. What's worse, it's hard to truly coordinate the Odin fight with the tools we currently have at our disposal.

I don't necessarily think that all players should get the same, or more, or better rewards regardless of participation. But I do believe that anyone who does participate should be able to feel like he/she is doing his/her part, and each fight should be useful in the clan's progression toward its goals.

That's why I really like @hugo's idea of scaling blood needed to enter a fight. A player able to clear Odin could, under that system, get the same individual rewards for the same investment, and a player who isn't really playing (i.e. sends in a 3* Ed) might earn the same (s)he receives now (or worse, if rewards were scaled back after making changes). However, there would always be opportunity/incentive to battle an Odin in the Red, because your proportional rewards might end up being just as good for the investment you put in (less blood). In fact, this could be a great option for players worried they are not going to be doing as much damage. I also like the idea because it has... flavor. You have to admire flavor. Less blood to fight a weaker Odin. I like that.

The only problems I see with @hugo's idea are: it seems very different, perhaps scary, and perhaps complicated to implement. There would have to be a little rethinking to make it work.

Back to the origonal point: I'm not advocating for any change in individual rewards if Odin gained an "auto refresh." No one would be responsible for finishing Odins in the Red, however, which would benefit everyone.

OS
    Android
    Right, it seems that we are (more or less) on the same page. I may have taken my frustrations with people who are not able to beat something and immediately go try to make devs ease it up and put them in my response. Sorry about that, entitlement of any kind makes my skin crawl.
    As for the topic at hand, there are some great ideas on here that could even be combined to make a better experience for all of us. Only thing we can do at the end of the day is give our feedback and hope that devs listen.
    Member of Jomsvikings

OS
    Android
    I'm really enjoying Raid Boss so far. Rewards are fair and it's fun coming up with different methods to attack him. Hopefully the devs work out some of the kinks (like players getting frozen out), but it is still in beta. Cleaning out a low health Odin is not the worst thing, it allows the clan to continue and you still get some rewards. It's really been a fun challenge and great addition to LOTB.
    bob-9503 (playing daily, thank you to all my troopers and clan members in Jomsvikings!)

OS
    Android
    I'm going to continue to be the dissenting opinion.

There should be consequences for not being able to do as much damage and not coordinating well. A lot of these requests (especially the auto refresh) are removing any group aspect of raids aside from an arbitrary group of players having their totals added.

Yes, it sucks trying to coordinate with a chat system that is only visible in one place and there is no way of notifying you that someone said something.

If your clan is infighting or picking on players for not doing as well as others, that just sounds like a toxic clan which is not the devs problem.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    well I did a raid before where I had to clean up my own mess. so for one Sands of Blood I got a measily 2 or 3 tributes. After having a think about it, in this situation they could just increase the tributes you get for the kill, maybe a bonus 5/10? If you do enough of those you still get enough tributes to buy things in the clan store like character fragments. Any other tweaks outside of better communication abilities would probably alter the whole dynamic too much. As clans we need to work together to solve issues like Odin being in the red, not just when he's at full health.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    iOS
    @thealchemist: I believe you’re suggesting a kill bonus (option #1), which yes, I believe does solve the problem. You don’t need much, just some incentive beyond what is there. If there was a small kill bonus and some other small effect (Odin rewards distributed immediately on kill to clan instead of delayed, or you get a ticker next to your name to show how many times you killed Odin) that might be even better. This second small “bonus” is not really a reward at all, but would show you’re a cooperator... which is great in Game Theory. If someone is taking on “clean up duty,” better they are recognized than be anonymous.

@MuzakMaker: Our clan is not having any problems, at lease on the surface. The fact remains that the situation is frustrating for all involved and could create problems. Odin can be better than that.

OS
    iOS
    New Idea #4, V. 2.03:

"Continue Button."

After defeating Odin, you have the option of continuing the fight. Odin pops up fresh, and you can keep going.

All the benefits of auto-refresh; all the satisfaction of killing Odin.

Rewards would all be capped at what they are now (both individual and clan) for a full clear. However, you could max your rewards no matter when you decided to enter the battle.

Eh? Eh? I know @Musakmaker doesn't like it :-p.