Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Oh... I conceded nothing. I still think “auto-refresh” is a good idea. It just wasn’t an element of this most recent idea. That’s why the most recent idea was a “compromise.”

You can call me a name, just don’t apply adjectives to my clan. Maybe I’ll call you @SoundsMaker, or someone who sometimes makes music, and sometimes makes noise. (Just another compromise.)

Thank you for acknowledging your skimming. I am also guilty of this from time to time.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Oh... I conceded nothing. I still think “auto-refresh” is a good idea. It just wasn’t an element of this most recent idea. That’s why the most recent idea was a “compromise.”

You can call me a name, just don’t apply adjectives to my clan. Maybe I’ll call you @SoundsMaker, or someone who sometimes makes music, and sometimes makes noise. (Just another compromise.)

Thank you for acknowledging your skimming. I am also guilty of this from time to time.
    Than, we will still have to disagree. And once more I'm not saying your clan is toxic, I'm saying ANY CLAN that derides, chastises or any sort of other negative action towards an other playing how they want to play is toxic.

Just for reference you should look up Muzak and see if it's actually a good thing.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-16-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Will do ^^. Haven’t done.

There has been no deriding or chastising, though, and whether or not you said it straight out I think we both know what your implication was. I am allowed to be displeased with implications.

The only thing I’m deriding and chastising is a reward system that invites division.

I think that point ^^ is to bed, at least on my end.

Point #2: of course we still disagree on some things. If we were both in total agreement on everything, we have both wasted a lot of time and a lot of words on bad skimming technique.

OS
    iOS
    Haha. So Muzak basically is noise?

I have to say that improves my opinion of you.

My Sig, if you hadn’t noticed, is basically a self-effacing admission that my thoughts are a mess, but read carefully and there are some good ideas in there.

OS
    Android
    Yep I of course agree that discourse is necessary for society.

However I stand by my words that if ANY clan is being disrepectful to its players than it's a toxic clan. If your clan does that, it's toxic. If not, than it's not.

And while I disagreed with you at many points not once did I call YOU names which you have been doing all morning. If you want we can carry this over to a DM thread where we aren't clogging the feed but until then I do want to make sure the devs are aware (as they do sometimes read the forums) that the are players who DON'T see a problem with how Odin's health is set up.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-16-2020 at 04:18 PM. Reason: formatting

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Technically I didn’t call you a name, I implied that I *would* call you a name. At least that’s my story so long is yours is that you didn’t call my clan an adjective.

I apologize for any misinterpretations.

OS
    iOS
    Aside: this is how I’m reading your toxic comment. (That’s a pun. You used the word toxic, also: the comment was toxic. But you are not toxic, and I would never say or imply as much.)

I pointed out that the current reward system has the potential to cause division. You’re saying: if division is caused, the fault is mine.

So if I said a chair has the propensity to collapse, would you say I must be a bad sitter? Because the chair does not always collapse, so I must be sitting on it wrong?

And if so, aren’t you assuming my chair has collapsed? Because that’s not what I said at all. I just suggested one rebuild the chair.

About the name I didn’t call you... and for once I will be 100% genuine: I hope you weren’t offended. I didn’t really mean to offend you, and if I did I’m sorry. By your own admission, I basically called you by your chosen name. Right? Is it offensive to be called by your chosen name?

In my clan I’m called all sorts of things that I didn’t chose. I take them as terms of endearment, whatever they might actually be.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Aside: this is how I’m reading your toxic comment. (That’s a pun. You used the word toxic, also: the comment was toxic. But you are not toxic, and I would never say or imply as much.)

I pointed out that the current reward system has the potential to cause division. You’re saying: if division is caused, the fault is mine.

So if I said a chair has the propensity to collapse, would you say I must be a bad sitter? Because the chair does not always collapse, so I must be sitting on it wrong?

And if so, aren’t you assuming my chair has collapsed? Because that’s not what I said at all. I just suggested one rebuild the chair.

About the name I didn’t call you... and for once I will be 100% genuine: I hope you weren’t offended. I didn’t really mean to offend you, and if I did I’m sorry. By your own admission, I basically called you by your chosen name. Right? Is it offensive to be called by your chosen name?

In my clan I’m called all sorts of things that I didn’t chose. I take them as terms of endearment, whatever they might actually be.
    The things is where I see a place for cooperation and unity you are seeing one for contention and division. The current health system encourages the clan to work together. The more you coordinate and work together the better your rewards will be. No reason to rework a crucial part of the raid because a clan can't work together.

In your analogy you see a chair that will break if you sit on it wrong and I'm wondering why would you sit on it wrong in the first place because almost any chair can be broken if you sit on it wrong.

Anything can be taken negatively or rude if you are looking for it to be. Just like the raid set up, sure I can sit there and whine and complain if other's aren't playing "as efficiently" as me but that is a personal problem that the game has no reason to fix. Either you can clean up your clan so everyone plays to your style or you can find a new one where players are of like mind. My first clan was trash, they had no regard to the clan as a whole so I left and found a clan that works together and fits my play style.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-16-2020 at 05:32 PM.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Fair, mostly. I just want it on the record that I am neither whining nor complaining about the faulty chair. I’m just making reasonable suggestions about how it might be made less faulty.

Whining and complaining without offering suggestions is an idea I feel neither of us could get behind.

OS
    iOS
    I would add that my suggestions (especially the last one, which you seem to agree with.. though it does not give me everything I would prefer to get) do not destroy the cooperative nature of Odin, they only eliminate the (potentially) divisive aspects.