Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    I think I might be one of the few who thought the challenge wasn't that bad. 120 runs per member per day can be done with 2 or 3 keys a day.

But those first 2 days were a complete mess. I'm all for a challenge, but there is a fine line between challenge and insurmountable obstacles.
    However, if you skip the Ed. the other rewards are all very achievable with much, much less effort.

99.5% of the player base will be excluded from the top Event reward as-is, but 99.5% of clans should be able to get at least a Viking Cosmic and a couple other goodies. Maybe the lesson is that it's OK to skip some challenges in order to save your ironite and regroup. (I'm not saying I'm happy about the idea.)

There should probably be some small consideration from the Dev. team for the re-introduction of the 10-second timer and the disconnect issues. Due to disconnects, the most precious resource we're likely to lose is Keys. Due to the timer, we lose speed... maybe as much as like 20% depending on what Frontier we're doing. So, lower each challenge goal by 10-20% (timer increase) and throw us some master keys. That would be a nice gesture. It might not ultimately change the reality that some of us will lose our Ed.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    However, if you skip the Ed. the other rewards are all very achievable with much, much less effort.

99.5% of the player base will be excluded from the top Event reward as-is, but 99.5% of clans should be able to get at least a Viking Cosmic and a couple other goodies. Maybe the lesson is that it's OK to skip some challenges in order to save your ironite and regroup. (I'm not saying I'm happy about the idea.)

There should probably be some small consideration from the Dev. team for the re-introduction of the 10-second timer and the disconnect issues. Due to disconnects, the most precious resource we're likely to lose is Keys. Due to the timer, we lose speed... maybe as much as like 20% depending on what Frontier we're doing. So, lower each challenge goal by 10-20% (timer increase) and throw us some master keys. That would be a nice gesture. It might not ultimately change the reality that some of us will lose our Ed.
    You hit a point I was trying to make(and probably failing at) quite well. It's okay that not every one finishes events and challenges. The issue comes around when almost nobody finishes what the final goal should be.

Stretch goals are a great way to make things more accessible while still providing a challenge for higher end players. For instance if we needed 15k dungeons for Ed, 20k for the t3 cosmic and then 25k got us something nice like enough awakening mats to polish off maxing Viking Ed we might see more disappointment but less anger with how this event launched.

And I agree considering we are losing out on keys and time with both that 10sec and the server wonkiness a few keys could help ease that pain.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    give it 3 months he will be available for 5k fc

OS
    iOS
    we're half way already with 4 days to go
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrik View Post
    we're half way already with 4 days to go
    Same thing here
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    *Slow clap.*
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    if you have 30 reliable clansman...
    if you have a reliable server...

this 25k challenge could be done in 16hrs play time.

if they fix the server issues, its an easy event.
    PROUD to be a Jomsviking!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasmai View Post
    if you have 30 reliable clansman...
    if you have a reliable server...

this 25k challenge could be done in 16hrs play time.

if they fix the server issues, its an easy event.
    That's four hours of screen time a day; half of a work day. An awful lot to ask from what should be a leisurely app and not a part time job.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Not really... there is auto-replay if the app doesn't crash. So really... it's about 4 times checking the app - not 4hrs of babysitting.. worse case is you may need to have it nearby to restart runs when it crashes.

All I remember are the days BEFORE there was auto-replay... oh the hours needed to tap buttons at the end of every run. THEN you had to babysit. You really don't much now. It simply takes more ironite for refills.

If you are lucky enough to NOT suffer from the crashing.. then fill SOT and start it letting it run overnight.

I fill SOT and start it.. then simply keep it close by so I can see when it's crashed....
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    16 hours run time in seven days is a little over two hours a day.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around