Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    Hey there!

Here is a reminder that we still have two open spots!

If you are interested in joining us or want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!
    2 Spots open to anyone willing to use discord to chat with us and make part of our beautiful clan

OS
    Android
    Hey there!

We have one last spot open, will you be joining us??

If you are interested in joining us or want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!

OS
    Android
    1 spot left for any cool frog before next Clan event - the Immortal Era will Begin... Better join us on the road to Valhalla
    Last edited by hugoW; 05-21-2020 at 05:10 PM.

OS
    Android
    Hey there!

I's been a while since I've posted an update, but we current have two spots open. Will you be part of our clan?

You can find some clan information on the first page of this thread.

OS
    Android
    Hey there!

So, we have had another great player joining our clan the other day!
    With a few new players joining our clan this past month, we have noticed it is necessary to keep on searching and to fill up our final two spots with active players.
    I'm saying final two spots, because we have reached a point where all our clan members are active players who are strategising together in our Discord channel. This means once our clan is full, there will most likely be no new open spots for a long time!

Do you still want to join The Frogs of War? This is your chance!

OS
    Android
    Hey there!

Just a reminder that we are still looking for players to fill up our final two spots with active players.

OS
    Android
    2 spots open in clan - special roles in this discord - https://discord.gg/h7xmWCs - to coordinate, send a message and join us!
    If you are having trouble with this clan event or need an awesome and fun team to play, join us!

Name:  unknown.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  98.7 KB

Oof!

OS
    Android
    I'm a returning player, been back in the game about 3 months. I just left a clan and looking to join another. I've heard good things about frogs of war and would like to join if a spot is available. Daily player, still building teams for the raid bosses. I like to contribute what I can. Thanks

OS
    Android
    Hey there!

Time flies and I realised it has been a while since I last posted an update, so here goes.

These past few weeks we have been working hard on optimising our clan strategy in game through lots of communication and cooperation.
    With the effort of all Frogs this resulted in us finishing most of the clan event challenges on the first day of release, getting more efficient and effective in raids AND in having a lot of fun together!

Oh, what do I mean with us getting more efficient and effective in raids? Well, we can now proudly show everyone what we achieved this week as a clan:

Name:  FrogSSSpropaganda.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  80.5 KB

I can also tell you that we are currently looking for three new active players who want to join us and be part of a 30 player friend group (and part of a bigger Discord community).

Want to know more about the Frogs Of War? Please read the clan information on the first page of this thread!

If you meet the requirements and are interested in joining us or maybe you want some more information about our clan/Discord first, just send me a message!
    Last edited by Lucifer; 06-22-2020 at 04:07 PM.

OS
    Android
    So just an an update, thought I might explain (or at least try to) some of the "how" that behind Frogs of War going from just getting to our first Rank A to Rank SSS in ~4 weeks.

1. We recruited more people to get us up to full numbers.

Sure, it seems simple, but this is not always easy. There's only a limited number of people in the game, and a lot are already in clans. Plus if you're really looking to optimise your battles, you need people willing to work with you and communicate, so that does mean a lot of winnowing through applicants to find people who are suitable. Most of our other requirements are around communication.

2. Communication.

We used to have a lot of double ups, particularly of low level runs. More than one person running a level at a time, particularly the lower levels. As the higher levels give the most points, you really want to get to the X level fast. However, to maximise the amount of raid points per SoB, you want to really run the lower levels of raids only once if at all possible (unless you're specifically experimenting with teams, or there's a specific reason that makes it much easier). As part of that, we set up communications on a few fronts:

a. We do general comms through Discord. We could have used other chat systems (Slack, Matrix, FB group chat, IRC, whatever) but everyone needs to be in on it to make it effective. We still don't have everyone in discord (some have dropped off) and that hasn't helped, but winnowing them out definitely helped.

b. In-game chat to co-ordinate actual battles. To avoid duplicating runs, we use in-game chat almost exclusively to announce we're going to do a specific run, when we're with the run done. This stops people who fail to finish accidentally impacting people who go in with a top tier team. We also say if we failed to finish that raid boss off (for whatever reason), so someone can clean it up, preferably with a B-level team that wouldn't otherwise get used (ie: not quite powerful enough to finish a raid level off). The in-game chat is severely limited, so it works great for this (and you don't need to switch out of the game). The only other thing we tend to use the in-game chat for is urgent messages, as the in-game chat history is really limited.

c. Docs (eg: spreadsheets/shared notes/docs/etc). We share teams that work, teams that don't work, useful toons, overall notes, general strategies, basic ways we want people to do things, etc. Having these in fixed places really helps, as chat (even with things like pinned posts in discord) is quite ephemeral and simply doesn't last. Chat systems are also hard to sort through and search when you need them. Also the game changes over time, so having one set of things to refer to means you can update them with new info as things change, and everyone is immediately able to get that up to date info.

3. Collaboration in clan.

Helping out other clan members with building teams, or helping them build teams out of their existing selection of characters/talismans. That also goes towards testing new teams that seem to work with one person to verify that they're reliable, or if not, why not. That also means if someone needs toons or talis, helping them get them if at all possible, either by telling them where to find them in the game, or picking up slack to complete a clan goal so they then have access to extra resources. It's also recognising that life gets in the way of things and being understanding that not everyone has the time to throw their all into the game 24/7. This also means we try and let others know if we need to take some time off (for whatever reason). Having comms outside the game really helps here.

Plus things happen in game too. What should work against a raid boss doesn't due to either chance, a bug, comms errors, power outages, a wrong press in game, etc. We don't chew people out, we simply help them get back on track. That might mean helping them clean up, or it might be just giving them some advice and ideas.

Also, I will say that if you don't get on with your team mates, or at least are civil towards them, it can really make it hard. We used to have one person who was really disruptive and after removing them from the clan, our collaboration improved dramatically. Part of that was people were just less inclined to interact because of that persons presence. I also suspect that if you don't "in general" like and respect your clan members (ie: they rub you the wrong way), you need to find a new clan that is more what you prefer. Everyone's different.

They're mostly what allowed us to improve our rank. Communication was by far the biggest contributor.

Something else we noticed, is that if you don't get the rewards screen at the end of a raid run, then the points haven't yet made it into the clan raid points pool. We tested it and the best way seems to be to exit back to the main menu of the game (out of the clans sub-section). This seems to give the game the boot in the rear it needs to sync the points up. Even typing stuff in the chat doesn't help, though "sometimes" completing another run does.

Anyway, one other thing I wanted to share. With the addition of the counters for raid boss defeats on the raid levels (the number under the skulls on the top right of each raid boss panel), we've been able to see the battles we did this time to get SSS. We're going to record this over time and see how we can optimise it to reduce how much SoB we spend each week.

If there's no entry below, it means we've only completed it once:
    • Odin IX: 4
    • Odin X: 202
    • Baphomet VIII: 5
    • Baphomet IX: 56
    • Baphomet X: 29
    • Boss defeats: 322
    • Total Runs: 422

1043530 Raid Points

Note: We actually got 426 total runs and 1051030 raid points, but the above is all I have stats for.

Could we have done better? Sure. But we're still learning that, and you don't learn unless you know what you did right and what you didn't. So hopefully we'll do better next week.
    Last edited by Cefiar; 06-23-2020 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Formatting
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War