Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

April 30 2020 Update Discussion

This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details of the update that has just gone live in the Game Updates forum post.

OS
    iOS
    Thank you for not locking out iOS users while you wait for Apple.

Please consider adding the tap-hold for the sell popup (similar to the tap-hold in reward popups) in inventory screens, especially for talismans. This would make selling unwanted talismans so much easier. The sell screen is admittedly less used, but an organizational nightmare nonetheless.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Thank you for the improved talisman system! Much appreciated.
    Speaking of selling talismans, the selling screen doesn't show the full 3 rows when selling shards and runes. Not really important, but thought you should know...

Name:  Screenshot_2020-05-01-00-40-21-675_com.roadhousegames.lotb.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  428.0 KBName:  Screenshot_2020-05-01-00-40-29-310_com.roadhousegames.lotb.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  396.2 KB

OS
    Android
    Thank you for the improvement on talisman searching this is really GREAT! Now, you'll need to give us this shearch for the cosmic too!
    Bobby2613-8511 / Order of Eld

Current champion: Gambler Eddie

I play all my troopers everyday. Champion Eddie prefered

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby2613-8511 View Post
    Thank you for the improvement on talisman searching this is really GREAT! Now, you'll need to give us this shearch for the cosmic too!
    This! The improvement looks really fine and very much appreciated!!! If you just could add cosmic talismans into the searching engine it would be also pleasant.
    Again thks for this!
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Holy shit! This talisman search change is the best update since like... hell, ever! Finally! Now I can return to playing Gauntlet.
    As others have said, now it just needs to also include cosmics and it'll be perfect!
    Didn't expect it coming, you really deserve praise this time, Navigator! Keep it up!

OS
    Android
    Thank you for this much needed feature... This should save hours!

Changing and selecting talisman seems to lag though, at least 3 seconds of freeze everytime I select a talisman or a talisman slot. Also when changing talisman, it doesn't stick to class (for example if I'm changing a gunner talisman set on an assassin, the selection screen goes back to assassin talisman every time I try to equip a talisman)

It's not related to device as it happened on 2 devices
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    This is amazing. Thank you so much!

Edit: the above comment was made before actually using the new interface. Now that I've used it I can say: it's worse than it was before. Zamasu described it pretty good in the post below.
    Last edited by Brickster; 05-04-2020 at 02:49 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Still not seeing anything for iOS.. are we waiting on an App store update??
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

Even though the update tried to fix one of biggest issues in the game, its addition caused more problems than it solved. These are the issues with the update:

- SLOW: before the update we were able to remove, add, search talismans in a faction of a second. Now changing talismans takes too long. Between the swap, equip & remove button takes 10x longer than before.

- Default settings: Before if you were going to add a set of talismans, you looked for it in your inventory, select it, equip it and do the same with all the rest. It took about 2 secs to equip a set of 3. Now it takes 10x longer because once you equip the first taliman the default settings gos to the beginning of your inventory AND it changes the color, so now you have to search for your color and talisman again to equip the second one, and repeat the process for the 3rd one. And now add the exta time it takes to swap. Now it takes 20x longer to change talismans.

Yes now we are able to FIND talismans faster. But in other to equip them it takes much, much longer. I think I speak for a lot of players when I say switch the talisman mechanisms back to where they were and come back to the new one once you fix all the glitches and make it work properly and smooth like the old system
    Last edited by zamasu; 05-04-2020 at 02:41 AM.