Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Talisman system takes longer than old one

Even though the update tried to fix one of biggest issues in the game, its addition caused more problems than it solved. These are the issues with the update:

- SLOW: before the update we were able to remove, add, search talismans in a faction of a second. Now changing talismans takes too long. Between the swap, equip & remove button takes 10x longer than before.

- Default settings: Before if you were going to add a set of talismans, you looked for it in your inventory, select it, equip it and do the same with all the rest. It took about 2 secs to equip a set of 3. Now it takes 10x longer because once you equip the first taliman the default settings gos to the beginning of your inventory AND it changes the color, so now you have to search for your color and talisman again to equip the second one, and repeat the process for the 3rd one. And now add the exta time it takes to swap. Now it takes 20x longer to change talismans.

Yes now we are able to FIND talismans faster. But in other to equip them it takes much, much longer. I think I speak for a lot of players when I say switch the talisman mechanisms back to where they were and come back to the new one once you fix all the glitches and make it work properly and smooth like the old system

OS
    iOS
    I agree... in addition finding the same color talisman with the same augment.. but different star/power levels is annoying, they are separated and not right next to each other unless you power up ALL talismans of that class/augment to the SAME level ALL the time. A 5 star level 50 can be 3 swipes away from the same talisman class/augment that is 4 stars level 40.

Just implement a grid already...

Tap a talisman or a talisman slot a grid pops up with sort and search options.. like the "sell" pop up with additional much needed options. This would allow users to sort by several things at a time in a couple drop downs.. one for class, one for stars, one for level, one for equipped/unequipped...

And for the stores.. for heaven's sake add a second tier of tabs.. like for the Frontier Store tab, it could have secondary tabs under it for "Keys", "Characters", "Frags", "Talismans", "Resources".
    Last edited by Yup; 05-04-2020 at 03:04 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    This all 1000x, the old system was way better.

Please for the love of god:

1) Remove the new system until you devs can actually add a working talisman search system,this one is terrible and clearly broken. You have made an already bad system far far worse. Simply unbelievable...do you even playtest anything?

2) Fix the new system so it does not have the "switching lag delay"... It is painful.

3) Fix the new system so it defaults to the last picked color and Talisman like the old system.

4) Give us an option for new system or old system if you cannot fix above.

I refuse to spend a single $ on the game going forward as long as this idiotic system is left in place in its current state. This completely assinine change makes me want to quit playing entirely and has removed what little faith in NF I had left...which was already almost zero.

Simply unbelievable.

OS
    Android
    I agree .... thats unbelievable and say more, i dont know why frogs dont back yet ....

OS
    Android
    I guess the delay is caused by looking thru all chars and talismans. But it shouldn't be problem when filter is set to unequipped talismans. Unless there is really lazy programmer somewhere who decided both filters use the same query method. NF please roll back old system, current one is unusable.
    Olevipoeg-2218

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion...
    Member of Jomsvikings Clan

OS
    iOS
    this new system takes so much longer to load talismans, annoying as hell when you equip one talisman it jumps back to cosmics.. either fix this system so its performs how we want it to or put the old system back. I get they are trying to make improvements to the game but this isnt an improvement is a degrade
    When the priest comes to read me the last rites

rich-2335

A proud Member of The EXCORCISTS Clan

OS
    Android
    The equipped/unequipped fuction is great. The rest… (my parents told me "if u can't say anything good, better say nothing")

OS
    Android
    I 100% agree with all the previous statements......who in their right mind thought this would be the solution? It's one step forward and two, possibly three steps back........

OS
    Android
    Being abe to directly move talisman from an equipped toon to a new toon is a great improvement and is much faster than looking for them on the last toon you used them on. The icon showing who you remove them from is nice to be able to replace them when you are done if you so choose. The unequipped takes some getting used to, but if you search the name it helps. Overall the system is faster than before, if you just leave them equipped.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    Android
    In what backwards world is this an improvement? I am amazed that someone actually got paid to design and implement this new system.

I can't help but wonder how many people had their hands on this before it was released. From concept to design to completion, this had to pass through multiple individuals on its way to an official release. So it baffles me how not a single person along the way said "Dude, this is terrible" while testing?

I really wish these guys would stop tinkering with things that work fine, and instead focus on things that need to be addressed...
    Blazpheme-5782, Member of Soulreaper Clan