Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    Mariner was a complete joke until he got a rebuff MONTHS after initial release. He's still a joke and only used to counter LAD's fury.. otherwise NO ONE would be using him. Be honest.. if it were not for the counter-LAD aspect of Mariner.. would you EVER be using him in PvP? Of course not.. there are least a dozen other characters better suited for PvP support.

Pilgrim could be a complete dud... like The Mariner.... Like Ragnar.... Like the Mercenary... there's really NO WAY to know.
    Last edited by Yup; 05-12-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Mariner was a complete joke until he got a rebuff MONTHS after initial release. He's still a joke and only used to counter LAD's fury.. otherwise NO ONE would be using him. Be honest.. if it were not for the counter-LAD aspect of Mariner.. would you EVER be using him in PvP? Of course not.. there are least a dozen other characters better suited for PvP support.

Pilgrim could be a complete dud... like The Mariner.... Like Ragnar.... Like the Mercenary... there's really NO WAY to know.
    Agreed. And even with a LAD-team I beat an average Mariner-team. He's totally underwhelming, always was.

OS
    iOS
    How could you beat my LAD proof team?
    What do you mean you killed Mariner instantly then fury’d the rest of my team?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    I'd beat an average Mariner-team. Probably not some min-maxed top 5 arena team. Then again, Bakura's current Mariner defense team isn't impressive and he's number 1.

My point is: Mariner wasn't, isn't and probably won't ever be that impressive.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I used him before Live After Death Ed was around. He made the Orbits more consistent after their debuff, cleared most silvers and dealt with pesky 1 turn buffs, especially from Alchemy sets earlier on. He's won me battles when he was the last man standing.

OS
    Android
    Will we see the day that this old "habit" finally vanished from gauntlet? I get it, those teams are not so tough as they use to be and its the first week of a new char presentation... but maybe some variation may be appreciated?...

I love Gauntlet, but in only FOUR games I have to face: 3 Moonchildren, 2 Dark Moonlight Liliths, 2 Cyborgs, 2 Wratchildren...

Ye I get it is SS and those are GK welcome party, even some of those chars are not maxed. Those are not impossible teams at all. That's not a problem, facing the same characters over and over again, one just after the other itīs just ridiculous xD

Canīt wait to see SSS with only Odins and GRE all the way long xD

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  440.5 KB
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"