OS
    iOS

A Hypnosis Talisman Proposal

Hypnosis Talismans are very niche; they are essentially the Iron Maiden Ed cosmic talisman, as they only really sync with him. They give him a negative effect to power up his regular abilities, and sync with the negative effects he can inflict. However, there is a slight issue with this set that I think could be fixed to make it work better: the physical burn effect he receives is not innate. If he has immunity, he cannot benefit from the talismans at full value. I propose that the physical burn for the talismans just ignores immunity on Iron Maiden Ed; it wouldn't make him busted by any means, as you're sacrificing better talisman sets like Valhalla, Asgard, and even Primordial. I think that this is fair, as the talisman is intended to power him up and such. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by GrimDusk; 05-15-2020 at 03:17 AM.

OS
    iOS
    That’ll work
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    I like your idea, but I don't think it solves the "problem" of this set.
    The issue with the Hypnosis talisman set is that literally no character outside Iron Maiden Eddie synergizes with the burn effect on self. The other part of the talisman effect is okay-ish at best when used against a team that inflicts a lot of negative effects, but the fact that the set is taking up 4 slots is too much for it to see any use in content that you're trying to efficiently play. In other words, it's obsolete.
    Making this burn effect innate doesn't solve that. It's debatable that it maybe makes this set even worse, because that way there's even less of an incentive to use the set on another character. On top of that, an innate burn effect would make this set pretty much a bespoke 4-set for Iron Maiden Eddie, and I don't think anyone would want to see that.

I really like the idea of the trade-off you have to make with Iron Maiden Eddie: allowing negative effects on self to power up your abilities. But I think they missed the mark with the Hypnosis talisman set.
    Maybe NF will come up with better iterations of this gambit-style play, that would be awesome. Maybe even a bespoke cosmic for Iron Maiden Eddie at some point with an actual unblockable effect, but I think we should forget about the Hypnosis set, because any changes to make it viable would have to be so big, you might as well release a new set.

edit: phrasing.
    Last edited by Brickster; 05-15-2020 at 06:04 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickster View Post
    I like your idea, but I don't think it solves the "problem" of this set.
    The issue with the Hypnosis talisman set is that literally no character outside Iron Maiden Eddie synergizes with the burn effect on self. The other part of the talisman effect is okay-ish at best when used against a team that inflicts a lot of negative effects, but the fact that the set is taking up 4 slots is too much for it to see any use in content that you're trying to efficiently play. In other words, it's obsolete.
    Making this burn effect innate doesn't solve that. It's debatable that it maybe makes this set even worse, because that way there's even less of an incentive to use the set on another character. On top of that, an innate burn effect would make this set pretty much a bespoke 4-set for Iron Maiden Eddie, and I don't think anyone would want to see that.

I really like the idea of the trade-off you have to make with Iron Maiden Eddie: allowing negative effects on self to power up your abilities. But I think they missed the mark with the Hypnosis talisman set.
    Maybe NF will come up with better iterations of this gambit-style play, that would be awesome. Maybe even a bespoke cosmic for Iron Maiden Eddie at some point with an actual unblockable effect, but I think we should forget about the Hypnosis set, because any changes to make it viable would have to be so big, you might as well release a new set.

edit: phrasing.
    You know what that just made me think of? Why not take the Hypnosis Talisman stuff, and place it into an IME bespoke cosmic. Then, change Hypnosis talismans to make them better for everyone else? That could work, in my opinion.

OS
    iOS
    Hypnosis Talismans also partially synergise with Gunner Heirophant as his passive grants him eternal perfect immunity and his basic attack is guaranteed to inflict blind