Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    If new devices fix the issue.. make fun all you want.

I've seriously done EVERYTHING I can here. I'm really not some techno-noob and would never complain about all the crashing without first doing everything I could do.

f it's a device issue.. then it's VERY odd and specific to the specific devices.

------------

Just for giggles I'm trying to load it on an iPad 3.. which is like uh.. maybe 6 years old... and largely unsupported by Apple any more. It's taking forever to download the 800mb of data... but we'll see

Note it crashes on my "newer" devices.. so....

And I don't have the "brand new" devices yet.. they are in shipping.

----------------------

Edit.. nope Mystic night dungeon crashes almost immediately before battle begins on the old iPad3. But I sort of expected that.

But then.. it's crashing in the same place for newer devices.

I, quite literally, can not run the Mystic dungeon even once. It takes the SOT.. waits 2 minutes, then crashes while characters are in the air bouncing at the start of the first battle....
    Last edited by Yup; 05-14-2020 at 01:30 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

I can attest to a new iOS device making all the difference. I was on a iPad 4, iOS 10something (highest that model would upgrade to) and it was crashing in all aspects of game. PvP, switching/enhancing talismans, victory animation, if someone used me as a trooper pop up, etc. once 2019 Black Friday iPad 7 was on sale, ive had zero crashes, just the server load times issues.

OS
    iOS
    My primary devise is an iPad Air (first Gen) and it's running iOS 12.x and can't go to iOS 13...so maybe it's the OS.

Still you'd THINk they'd check at least the last 2 iOS versions.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    My primary devise is an iPad Air (first Gen) and it's running iOS 12.x and can't go to iOS 13...so maybe it's the OS.

Still you'd THINk they'd check at least the last 2 iOS versions.
    I mean, you are running a device that hasn't been supported (by Apple) in almost a year. So yeah, definitely not on the devs.

The only mistake they made was failing to update their supported device list.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Well the device may be older, but it's only 1 step behind in terms of the OS its running. I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect some "freemium" app to run on last year's operating system.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    I have a samsung A series phone, and a 2 year old kindle fire tablet and the game works fine on both devices. (Both android).

OS
    iOS
    well.. like always.. they seem to care less about iOS.

Technology stuff is funny with people...

If someone were to post "My 2019 Dodge Charger keeps breaking down"... I wouldn't post "Well my 2019 Mustang is running fine, so it must be you."

Y'all do realize that Android and iOS are **not** the same app, right? It's coded for one OS then PORTED to the other OS. My guess is its ported to iOS. Porting is pretty much always less reliable and needs extra consideration... and as posted, clearly these devs think of iOS as largely secondary. That's been reflected in pretty much all updates.

Point is.. they've essentially cut off a large demographic. Which is fine, if that's what they want. If users can't play in events then remind me.. what's the point of this app? This maybe the death nail for me where LOTB is concerned. Events where the ONLY option available is to purchase frags because dungeons are completely unplayable... well.. that's just silly.
    Last edited by Yup; 05-14-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    well.. like always.. they seem to care less about iOS.

Technology stuff is funny with people...

If someone were to post "My 2019 Dodge Charger keeps breaking down"... I wouldn't post "Well my 2019 Mustang is running fine, so it must be you."

Y'all do realize that Android and iOS are **not** the same app, right? It's coded for one OS then PORTED to the other OS. My guess is its ported to iOS. Porting is pretty much always less reliable and needs extra consideration... and as posted, clearly these devs think of iOS as largely secondary. That's been reflected in pretty much all updates.
    Yes I realize that they are different software. The point you are missing is that your hardware is old. Your analogy is completely off base. More accurate would be my 1967 vehicle is having trouble running using a 2019 engine.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    But the OS is not that old.. less than 6 months.. so your point is moot.

I would concede if the OS itself was 2 or 3 iterations back, but it's not. It's ONE.

Not everyone is using the latest device.. some of us don't rush out to replace hardware every time there's a new version. As I posted elsewhere, new devices are actually on the way.. but even so.. why load a "freemium" app at all if it DEPENDS on the OS being no more than 6 months old???
    CLANLESS

OS
    iOS
    I only play on an iPad Air 2. I don’t have any crashes in the game. Ran 3 keys of event dungeon 6 hours straight no crashes.
    So I have to agree it’s not an iOS general problem but an older version of iOS or your iPad. Get a new android so you don’t have to wait an extra six hours after every update release. Other than that, game runs well on my iPad.