Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    But the OS is not that old.. less than 6 months.. so your point is moot.

I would concede if the OS itself was 2 or 3 iterations back, but it's not. It's ONE.

Not everyone is using the latest device.. some of us don't rush out to replace hardware every time there's a new version. As I posted elsewhere, new devices are actually on the way.. but even so.. why load a "freemium" app at all if it DEPENDS on the OS being no more than 6 months old???
    Once more: I'm not talking about your OS, I'm talking about your hardware. YOUR DEVICE is the old thing. Once a device is no longer supported (again hardware not software) expecting any freemium app to still waste time developing for it is a fool's errand. I could pull out my first smart phone from nearly 10 years ago and put the newest OS on there, that wouldn't suddenly increase the processing power of that device. It still has the technical limitations from when it was originally manufactured. And honestly that's a bar that probably wouldn't be reached because parts degrade.

A lot of those crashes you've described are ones that happen when the game needs to do some more intense calculations. It wouldn't surprise me that there is a fail safe in either your device, OS, or the app itself that force closes when the processing surpasses the limits.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    I'm not one to stand on false pretenses and not admit when I'm wrong....I will concede.. device age does indeed seem to matter.

I CAN'T really run the Shadow of Death dungeon on the older iPad. I mean it runs, but crashes almost with about every other run - or crashes at victory screens so the run counts but app has to be relaunched every run. I had to completely skip the Mystic dungeon event because I couldn't even get 1 run, heck the first BATTLE wouldn't complete there without a crash.

Brand new iPhone today... Shadow of Death dungeon is currently auto-running with zero crashing .....

New iPad arrives later today, but I'd expect that to run this app better as well.

It's merely a shame that they don't make the "low" quality setting more applicable to older devices. The reality is I can't really see any difference in the "quality" settings other than Mercenaries Mark of Diablo doesn't show on "low". I just HAPPEN to be inline for device updates since it had been a few years. But I would never have updated a device for this app alone.

------------

Edit. new iPad seems to run dungeons flawlessly as well.
    Last edited by Yup; 05-23-2020 at 01:22 AM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Good to read that your new devices finally solved your problems.
    Proud member of Jomsvikings

OS
    iOS
    Yeah a day and a half auto-farming shadow of death not a single crash. In fact, no crashes or freezes whatsoever. Much smoother experience overall.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Glad to hear all your woes may at last disappear for good, Yup. Other than the server issues, which plague everyone. I’ve thought for sometime you were due for some upgraded devices.
    Saigrim-3244

Order of Eld Clan, One Member of Many