Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier - May 14th 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier

This week I am asking for your help and inspiration. When the News Frontier was named differently, we had a banner image with some Final Frontier Eddie artwork. I would like your input as to who we should use for the new banner Eddie (or Ally).

I will create some prototype images with your suggestions for next weeks News Frontier and everyone can vote on the Community favourite!

The Pilgrim!

Well, as you have probably all seen, The Pilgrim is this Seasons Gauntlet character! Some of you picked up on this from the teaser in last week's News Frontier.

Later this week we will be releasing some Concept Art for him and a mobile wallpaper. Would you like to see more wallpapers? How many of you use them?

At a request from you the players, we will attempt to make them a little more cryptic. Making a puzzle of sorts to be solved before the beginning of the season.

Our Survey says!

I have a favour to ask of everyone. Help us out with your feedback on this Survey about early May events.

https://forms.gle/8BfUSpib9QdyESQq9

Bug Reporting

With the Mystic Nights dungeon we are seeing reports coming in about a few things including freezes or hangs at certain points of the battle. If you are reporting these issues, please include as much detail as you possibly can. Things like your Talisman load-outs are just as important as the characters that you are using.

The team are investigating these issues diligently and we will inform you of any progress made.

We are also aware of the language and translation issues that are coming up with this Dungeon and its challenges. The issue has been identified and a Hotfix for this will be released as soon as possible.

A new Challenger Approaches

In the not so far future, the next iteration of Raid boss will be coming to Clans.

Name:  Image.png
Views: 2756
Size:  750.1 KB

We shared this image back in October 2019, being the banners of each of our planned Raid bosses, today I have another tease for you for the next in line Baphomet that you will be facing with your Clan. Feel free to comment below who you think this might be!

Name:  image (2).png
Views: 2285
Size:  380.3 KB

Last but definitely not least, some player submitted art!

Name:  EX8JyOVWAAYzYC8.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  42.9 KB

That's it for this week,

Signing off!

^ Ceeg
    Last edited by Kaz_LOTB; 05-15-2020 at 01:25 AM.
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    Android
    I have no qualms about making my final comment in the survey public.

Clan events are not great with how badly they slow down the servers.
    Too much focus on new things instead of giving the players a chance to catch up on the all the new content and the developers a chance to catch up on all the outstanding issues.
    We need to have that delay between auto play back down to the original level especially when that means we are losing multiple runs on each dungeon key.

Not mentioned in the survey: We have been given yet another dungeon key that looks the same for some forms of colour blind-ness. For me, it looks exactly the same as the raven witch and Frozen dungeons and probably more but I haven't been able to get them next to each other.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    We shared this image back in October 2019, being the banners of each of our planned Raid bosses, today I have another tease for you for the next in line Baphomet that you will be facing with your Clan. Feel free to comment below who you think this might be!
    I'm guessing the next in line Baphomet is...um...Baphomet?

The green banner depicts the Celtic god Cernunnos.
    Satan81-5023

OS
    iOS
    This presents a bit of a conundrum; the Lord of Light and Beast make up Lucifer. Lucifer is the Devil. Baphomet is one of the forms of the devil, no? So who is this new Baphomet entity?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    I would like your input as to who we should use for the new banner Eddie (or Ally).
    I will create some prototype images with your suggestions for next weeks News Frontier and everyone can vote on the Community favourite!
    We all know there is only one real choice here.
    Name:  NewsBoy.png
Views: 1951
Size:  484.8 KB

At a request from you the players, we will attempt to make them a little more cryptic. Making a puzzle of sorts to be solved before the beginning of the season.
    That would be lovely, thanks. We had fun speculating about the Mercenary, and we did out best to try translate the runic/symbol signature in the Pilgrim's teaser image. Puzzles with findable solutions would be wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Fudjo View Post
    I'm guessing the next in line Baphomet is...um...Baphomet?
    Talking about Baphomet, this seems like a good moment to share a live version of the song called Baphomet.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimDusk View Post
    This presents a bit of a conundrum; the Lord of Light and Beast make up Lucifer. Lucifer is the Devil. Baphomet is one of the forms of the devil, no? So who is this new Baphomet entity?
    I think it’ll be like Beelzebub, basically the devil but not the real one
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Beddie View Post
    I think it’ll be like Beelzebub, basically the devil but not the real one
    Although sometimes referred as the Devil, Beelzebub usually isn't the Devil himself, but rather a prince of hell, with wings.

Read more here if you're interested.

OS
    iOS
    Hrungnir would be my guess

OS
    Android
    Hey ceeg, I have news for you also, everything NF released over the last 2 years was bugged like hell and most of that stuff is still not working.

Maybe stop posting this ridiculous news and use your time for bugfixing or testing stuff???

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario.Ahner View Post
    Hey ceeg, I have news for you also, everything NF released over the last 2 years was bugged like hell and most of that stuff is still not working.

Maybe stop posting this ridiculous news and use your time for bugfixing or testing stuff???
    Just so you're aware, Ceeg doesn't do development or testing. He does customer service.

Yes we need some serious time devoted to bug fixing and testing, but if you want to yell at him for something yell at him for the fact that support tickets take months to resolve, or when they are "resolved" half of the time you just get resources thrown at you and the other half, you just get told tough luck. And while that happens the bugs that caused the issue still exist.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591