Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Instant Feature

Hybrid View

OS
    Android

Instant Feature

Hello,

Been suggesting (since the start) this on random threads and on an old thread that got archived so I thought about reviving the thread.

How does it work?
    Completing a cosmic, event dungeons and a time rift (such as normal LoL or BNW excluding frontier dungeons) with 3 skulls would unlock an Instant feature. The instant feature will allow you to spend the Sand of Time to instantly get the rewards (instead of having to go through the autoplay)

Benefits?
    The instant feature would be very useful as it
    would:
    • Reduce the server load (which would reduce the disconnection and the errors)
    • Save phone's battery
    • Save people's time
    • Remove the annying grind
    • Increase the ironite spending
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    Honestly, this game can't handle figuring out damage for one attack in arena sometimes. Do you really think it can handle calculating rewards, success rate and all the other parts that come along with it?

What I see happening is you click instant play, the device grinds for 2 minutes and then crashes.

Plus on the flip side it could be argued auto play is barely playing the game as it is. An instant play removes any less semblance of playing from the game. Just one button and suddenly I've spent 120 Sands and have a handful of mats as a result.

That doesn't sound like fun, it sounds like an in app purchase.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Calculating the rewards for each run takes less than a second usually (in autoplay and manual), why would it take more if it was instant?

Endless grinding (especially in events dungeons) or nursing the game in autoplay is fun?

How is that an app purchase? People that have the ironite and are going to grind for something, are going to grind regardless if it's autoplay or instant. All what Instant is doing is saving them time while reducing the server load.

Heaps of other games had that instant feature and it was successful.
    Last edited by Rain88; 05-15-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    That is some millennial thinking right there: "Give me stuff without my having to work for it". Why bother playing the game at all?

Sounds like you want it to be more like "Idle Heroes" and have the game rebranded as "Legacy of the Ease". No thanks...
    Blazpheme-5782, Member of Soulreaper Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazpheme View Post
    That is some millennial thinking right there: "Give me stuff without my having to work for it". Why bother playing the game at all?

Sounds like you want it to be more like "Idle Heroes" and have the game rebranded as "Legacy of the Ease". No thanks...
    Right... Let's "work" for it... after all this is a second job not a game. Plus running something endlessly on autoplay is a challenge? What's the challenge here? How good is your phone battery?

There are plenty of areas that you can actually play the game such as Arena, Gauntlet, Raids, Frontier dungeons... Do you consider running cosmos , LoL, BNW or event dungeons for hours on autoplay as "playing a game"?
    Last edited by Rain88; 05-16-2020 at 12:26 AM.
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazpheme View Post
    lol what are you talking about?

The "work" and "playing" part of this game comes from developing teams which can reliably be used to farm dungeons. Once we find a team that works, the auto-play becomes functionally the same as many of those idle games. Plenty of other games have features which speed up grinding once you've overcome the initial challenge, including a few RPGs that have something like this proposed Instant system where fights aren't lower-level enemies can be automatically resolved without having to waste your time going through the motions.

I'm not sure how the coding would handle it, but a further increase to the speed modifier during auto-play could be useful here.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    iOS
    @blazpheme, there are too ways this can go:

Option 1: we “work” for our rewards. Although work is the wrong word. I would say, “wait.” Our batteries die. We get new phones. Apple gets the money.

Option 2: we get the rewards we would have gotten anyway, faster. We keep the same phones. Nodding Frog gets our money.

Also, are you aware that Millennials are old now? Are you sure you’re referring to the right generation?
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    iOS
    An instant feature would allow the devs to get as creative/complicated as they like with the actual original dungeon, and we couldn’t gripe about their tali choices affecting our grind speed.

In other words, we might actually have to work for our wins and stars and they wouldn’t feel obligated to dumb down the dungeons post release because people aren’t getting their rewards fast enough.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    There's also the fact that real world time is a way to help put a soft cap on how much a player can obtain.

True there's not a whole lot to earn in cosmos which rarely get's played for some people (with the near constant events dictating where you should play) but if you are just trying to spend your SoT, play some troopers and get some random mats/outdated talismans there are plenty of places to burn through that stuff quickly in cosmos.

Lord of Flies takes a couple seconds, anything on normal is fast and simple.

Besides even if the devs did decide this was a good idea (which I disagree with) we have plenty of things wrong that need to be fixed before we introduce a completely new style of play.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    There's also the fact that real world time is a way to help put a soft cap on how much a player can obtain.
    That soft cap relies on time, which is exactly my whole point. After figuring out the good strategies and completing some initial challenges for an event dungeon (or a cosmos/LoL/BNW), what's the point of wasting time to autoplay while watching your phone drains its battery by repeating the same task over and over again. You can actually use that time to actually play the game in Gauntlet, Raids, Arena ...etc. Furtheremore, there is no need for this cap as it's already being set by limiting the number of items you can buy with fragments (i.e. you can only buy one talisman or one character), if people wanna get more fragments they can but there is nothing to spend on.

If you actually enjoy in farming event dungeons and LoL (especially in fragments events), there is nothing I can say.

The troopers run is not my main point as it only takes like an hour (still, it's an unecessary hour everyday of battery wasting/server loading)
    Down Under Clan