Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Instant Feature

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Missouri, USA.
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,746
    Other games I've seen had some auto complete, but at reduced rewards. I dont believe that it should be implemented in this game. If they did implement it, it should only be in the cosmos after you cleared that particular battle and then only 1/2 the rewards.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    USA
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    887
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Did you say LOL frontier dungeon keys? Because frontier dungeons were excluded from this ^^.

    Are you sure you want to argue that “time as a resource” is fair? Or does it just seem fair, because you had to go through it? Pressing the magic button on LOL X doesn’t help with Cosmic Lilith, it helps evolve Malco. In other words, this fix isn’t primarily helping me or you, it is primarily helping developing players who need to accelerate the grinding process to catch up.

    Isn’t that your whole Schtick, like generally? To make the game more fair for everyone? The grind is just a Rite or Passage, and a frustrating one. Are you saying it’s important that new players go through it?
    I said LoL X which grants those keys.

    Yes I do think time as a resource is fair. Grinding LoL X does help with cosmic lillith as you need those keys I mentioned (which I personally have over 80 because I hoard like a mad man and don't play the LoL frontier dungeon often). Being able to instantly get a handful would cut down some time so that you can instantly go in to that frontier dungeon.

    I'm jealous that new players didn't have to sit there and hit a couple buttons every minute or two (or if Lord of the Flies had been out at that point, every 15 seconds). Time is the one fair resource in this game. I can't magically buy an extra 2 hours that only I get. Yes, it sucks on those days where I don't get to be as efficient as possible because I'm at work all day on my phone, but at the end of the day it is just a game and if I have to the shiniest new thing I can always pay for it and get it or maybe re-evaluate if I actually want something or if it's just FOMO.

    BTW: I wouldn't say the grind is a rite of passage. It's just simply what the game is, which is why I made the (admittedly kind of over the top) analogy of playing solitaire and not liking that there are cards.

    And in all fairness if they ever did implement this of course I would abuse the hell out of it on non-event days. No grind event today? Boom quick ironite expenditure (because should have an additional cost) and I've got all my troopers played and my ironite from 120 SoT worth of Powerslave plus what ever other goodies I picked up. I would just rather the devs focus on fixing the larger problems in this game instead of implementing a whole brand new feature (same reason why I'm against clans being released in the broken state it was and still is).
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-16-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

    MuzakMaker-3591

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    289
    1/2 rewards? So, more stuff for “more effort?” Sounds like a compromise.

    I also read your last post, so let’s take this thought experiment a step further. Do you think it would be better if the auto-reply feature were erased? i.e. truer to the way the game was meant to be? Is that really something anyone might want or vouch for?

    I guess as is the game is headache-inducing at times, and erasing auto-reply would induce more headaches. So maybe that would be better for the game’s identity.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Missouri, USA.
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    2,746
    If they removed auto play then they would have to remove the grinding events as is. Some dungeon grinds can take 30+ hours so it would need to have the goals/challenges changed. I dont see a way to go back to all manual game play.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    289
    @muzzleloader, @muzakmaker: apologies. I saw the Muz.. and leapt to an improper conclusion up there ^^. My last post may not have made sense.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

    With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    289
    But, yes. Some events may need to change structurally to implement this.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

    With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

  7. #27
    Legacy Rain88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post
    I'm not sure how the coding would handle it, but a further increase to the speed modifier during auto-play could be useful here.
    No clue about the coding but it doesn't seem to be so easy unfortunately.

    Quote Originally Posted by EdManDan View Post
    That is what I just did. I deleted the game and will never support anything Maiden after 40 yrs as a fan. In the long run a PS4 is cheaper and much more fun.
    Sorry to hear you're deleting... It's totally understandable though... another founder is leaving...

    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    On the other hand, removing the farming is removing an experience, without the experience, I am afraid there is not much left to do here. I´m not saying grinding is nice but it gives you the sensation, the feeling of "progression" towards your objective. Also, on events, reaching some milestones its also rewarding in the meaning of accomplishment. With an "insta-click" I don´t know what might happen.
    At the start of the game I would have said yes, running dungeons was the only experience... But nowadays it's unecessary to run those dungeons with all of other features (such as Arena, Gauntlet, Raids...etc) that will acutally give you an experience (maybe experiencing a bugged gauntlet team lol) as opposed to mind numbing, reapeating the same task of running an event dungeon for 50 hours or a Powersalve run for the 1.4232 million time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    If they removed auto play then they would have to remove the grinding events as is. Some dungeon grinds can take 30+ hours so it would need to have the goals/challenges changed. I dont see a way to go back to all manual game play.
    If they remove the endless grind events and the chores of troopers run, there won't be a need for my suggestion (and it would be better than having an instant feature). But it's obvious that these endless mindless grind events and trooper run chores are here to say, my suggestion was merely to make them less mind numbing and give casual players and new players a better chance. I can grind all day (my job allows me and i don't have a life), but that doesn't mean I want to or enjoy doing it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    I guess as is the game is headache-inducing at times, and erasing auto-reply would induce more headaches. So maybe that would be better for the game’s identity.
    In my opinion, autoplay and frontier dungeons were never a good idea. it's what created the grind identity... At the start, it was an actual mobile game... complete your trooper runs and play some arena and get on with your life and occasinly run the special event dungeon which actually felt special. Adding the autoreply accelerated the shift towards the whole grind fest of frontier dungeons and endless grind events.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Rainmaker88-0976
    "Down Under" clan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •