Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Instant Feature

OS
    Android
    If you view it a waste of time then don't do it. Simple as that. I'm beginning to side with some of the others who are saying this is coming off as entitled.

Don't like it, don't do. Want the rewards, put it in the time.

And if you really don't like how much screen time is wasted on this game just stop playing. This game has transitioned to one that demands a lot of it and the team members on here have made it clear that they don't plan on that changing.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post
    If you view it a waste of time then don't do it. Simple as that. I'm beginning to side with some of the others who are saying this is coming off as entitled.

And if you really don't like how much screen time is wasted on this game just stop playing. This game has transitioned to one that demands a lot of it and the team members on here have made it clear that they don't plan on that changing.
    I'm guessing you have plenty of time which gives you advantage in the current events schema. If that's the case it's understandable why you don't want it to change.

So you consider attempting to save people's time (those that doesn't enjoy grinding) and reducing the server load as "entitled"? That's your opinion.

You enjoy grinding for events, that's your thing. I don't enjoy it and I'm suggesting a feature that can save time... simple.
    Last edited by Rain88; 05-16-2020 at 07:44 AM.
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by MuzakMaker View Post

That is what I just did. I deleted the game and will never support anything Maiden after 40 yrs as a fan. In the long run a PS4 is cheaper and much more fun.
    EdManDan-3345
    "And at the finish it's prick followed by the wanker, followed by, ah, cunt with arsehole finishing a close fourth."
    Someone at the background (probably Steve): Why did you say that?
    (Bruce laughs)

OS
    iOS
    @MusakMaker it sounds like you’ve mistaken @Rainmaker for a cloud. It’s an easy mistake to make. Kind of like squares and rectangles. You see, most Rainmakers are clouds, but not all clouds are Rainmakers.

What do you think of the supposition that the dev team could make the challenges more fun, interesting, and difficult w/an instant play feature in place... (no worries about our grind time) ... and the further supposition that they might have more time to fix the fixes that are important to you if their game didn’t keep crashing from all of our grinding hours.

I would much rather use my brain to try and find a way to 3* a difficult, challenging, and interesting dungeon than taking the thirty seconds it takes now to figure out what toon can wear Ragnarock, what toon can wear Starfire, and when I should press start before taking a nap.
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Mmm yes and no and yes and no (?)

Let´s analyze this. LotB its basically a puzzle game. We swap Talis and chars, trying to make the better/faster/stronger team combination according to the context given in order to finish as fast as you can as cheap as possible. Once you solve that puzzle (any dungeon) the game itself it´s almost done.

Then cames the grinding. With that, we wait to be lucky enough to receive drops we need/want. Also, we grind in order to complete the specifics rewards in every event.

So, after you reach some point in the game some things like Skull Quest are a chore. No puzzling, nothing to solve. Just a routine, there could be maybe a way to do it faster.

On the other hand, removing the farming is removing an experience, without the experience, I am afraid there is not much left to do here. I´m not saying grinding is nice but it gives you the sensation, the feeling of "progression" towards your objective. Also, on events, reaching some milestones its also rewarding in the meaning of accomplishment. With an "insta-click" I don´t know what might happen.

With this said, if you are proposing this feature for specific scenarios where there is not any puzzle left... well maybe yes. For any other event, it could be not so "pleasant". And also, if I were an artist working here, and you don´t even "play" a dungeon why it would matter to create scenarios? As a working team it could become expendable. The gaming could become so abstract that it could just wipe the experience itself. I know, I know, for every single thing that I say here there is a big "BUT..." too big to discuss writing on the forums.

Another discussion, it's the farming/hours situation, which we agree it´s already out of hands and nobody likes to have the phone plug 24/7 to achieve something. We have been asking fewer events, more spreaded along the month, and it's just not going to happen...

Also, at the same time, some people say that "Autoplay" ruined the game, other people say that it´s the best feature ever so you are gonna have a hard time trying to find agreement with this xD

PS: Blazpheme wtf mate? what´s the need to be so aggressive?
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    One more point to add... there are a lot of problems with using time as soft cap. One example: the updates take about a day longer to reach iOS users than Android. Yes, there are workarounds... that’s not the point. The point is, if you eliminate time and battery health as soft caps, this kind of inequity wouldn’t matter as much, because time wouldn’t matter as much. Another tangential problem solved because of a good, simple idea.

Server update while a key is in progress? Maybe you didn’t see the red message until after you claimed the soul? Problem solved.

Endless stream of Compensation packs that has begun to trickle down to us, because of ^^. Unnecessary. We no longer need to be compensated for our lost time. There... now I’m asking for less. Am I still entitled?

Maybe the instant play is implemented, but the rewards aren’t as good (75%, maybe). Now you can decide whether to use time or ironite as a resource. What’s the difference between using ironite as a resource and buying resources with real money? Isn’t this a P2W model?

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    @MusakMaker it sounds like you’ve mistaken @Rainmaker for a cloud. It’s an easy mistake to make. Kind of like squares and rectangles. You see, most Rainmakers are clouds, but not all clouds are Rainmakers.

What do you think of the supposition that the dev team could make the challenges more fun, interesting, and difficult w/an instant play feature in place... (no worries about our grind time) ... and the further supposition that they might have more time to fix the fixes that are important to you if their game didn’t keep crashing from all of our grinding hours.

I would much rather use my brain to try and find a way to 3* a difficult, challenging, and interesting dungeon than taking the thirty seconds it takes now to figure out what toon can wear Ragnarock, what toon can wear Starfire, and when I should press start before taking a nap.
    And what's the point if they make it more difficult, you solve the puzzle and then you never see that puzzle again?

And soft caps are incredibly important they help keep the game balanced.

This thread is all about instant gratification that you want but the devs will (most likely) never give you.

I don't boot up a game like halo and hate there are guns or play solitaire and hate that it's played with cards. Like it or not this game is going to force you to sit through all of those animations.

Not that your argument about my personal life was relevant but I work a full time job where I can't grind all day as I need my phone for work. I recognize that there are times where I won't to play a dungeon all day and I don't think there should be a magic button that can skip that if I solve the problem once. That would be a different game.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Yeah, but... he’s excluding Frontier Dungeons. I mean, how often do you need to see a LOL magus X “puzzle” to figure out how it can be done? Or do you just pick a couple toons you like, forget your talis, and win anyway? @Maiden the non-frontier dungeons are hardly a component of Achievements. @Muzak in this game, you can press a magic button and your Cosmic Lilith becomes red and gets much better. Isn’t that instant gratification? Are you saying we should remove that feature, and wait 24-hours for our Cosmic Lilith to evolve? Wouldn’t that be more gratifying, because we “earned” it with the resource that is time? Wouldn’t that make the game more balanced, because people couldn’t have a red Lilith an hour after she was released? (And she wouldn’t appear on the same day in Gauntlet? Actually, at this point I’m not sure if I’m arguing for this idea or against...)

I agree, changing the system would make this a different game. It would make it a better game. But if you prefer your so-so game, you can ignore the instant play feature once it’s implemented and continue to let your batteries die while you work your full time job.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Yeah, but... he’s excluding Frontier Dungeons. I mean, how often do you need to see a LOL magus X “puzzle” to figure out how it can be done? Or do you just pick a couple toons you like, forget your talis, and win anyway? @Maiden the non-frontier dungeons are hardly a component of Achievements. @Muzak in this game, you can press a magic button and your Cosmic Lilith becomes red and gets much better. Isn’t that instant gratification? Are you saying we should remove that feature, and wait 24-hours for our Cosmic Lilith to evolve? Wouldn’t that be more gratifying, because we “earned” it with the resource that is time? Wouldn’t that make the game more balanced, because people couldn’t have a red Lilith an hour after she was released? (And she wouldn’t appear on the same day in Gauntlet? Actually, at this point I’m not sure if I’m arguing for this idea or against...)

I agree, changing the system would make this a different game. It would make it a better game. But if you prefer your so-so game, you can ignore the instant play feature once it’s implemented and continue to let your batteries die while you work your full time job.
    Yes the button to upgrade is quick but the grinding to get the mats shouldn't be. That's not instant gratification that's putting in the time to push that button. I was able to instantly upgrade my Cosmic Lillith the day I got her but that was only because I had already been grinding LoL XV. That also meant that materials I had set aside to upgrade my Magus LoL were spent and now I have to re-earn those materials back. And no, I don't think that just because I have a team that can auto LoL X with 100% that I should be able to hit a magic button and suddenly my 600 sands from a mega refill are spent and I have a bunch of LoL Frontier keys and whatever other materials I would have picked up. I think we should have to sit through that time it takes the run them.

I can see you joined here just earlier this year. If you think the set up we have now is bad just be thankful you didn't play before auto play was added. We actually had to tend our phones for the hours it sat grinding.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Did you say LOL frontier dungeon keys? Because frontier dungeons were excluded from this ^^.

Are you sure you want to argue that “time as a resource” is fair? Or does it just seem fair, because you had to go through it? Pressing the magic button on LOL X doesn’t help with Cosmic Lilith, it helps evolve Malco. In other words, this fix isn’t primarily helping me or you, it is primarily helping developing players who need to accelerate the grinding process to catch up.

Isn’t that your whole Schtick, like generally? To make the game more fair for everyone? The grind is just a Rite or Passage, and a frustrating one. Are you saying it’s important that new players go through it?