I often end up battling weak defensive teams in the Arena. I understand some of them are just 1 person teams where the player just doesn’t have a defensive team set up. And then sometimes there’s other teams that are weak because some people like to give their team a “theme”, and so that limits the power and abilities of some teams. But then there’s people who set up weak teams seemingly intentionally. I’ve battled a lot of people with very powerful offensive teams, but they have defensive teams that are like blatantly weak, like they set it up that way on purpose. I’ve been trying to figure out why this is for a long time now. I wondered if there is some reason for this? I wondered why anybody would intentionally set up a team that is easy to beat. The only thing I could really think of is maybe to draw in teams weaker than yours, so that you can then get some easy wins with your offensive team on revenge battles. But then I don’t see how that would work because wouldn’t that sort of counteract the work you put in yourself? Wouldn’t it be more like breaking even?

I don’t know. Like I said, I’ve been wondering why people do this, and it didn’t occur to me until now to actually ask and see what this is about.