OS
    Android

The bugged and broken mess called arena

I've been meaning to make a post about this for a while now, but I wanted to add some video footage to underline my message. Finally I've found the time to do so, so let's just dive right in with the video first.

Click here to watch that video on youtube.

This video shows just a couple of things that are wrong with the arena.
    Let's get the basic stuff out of the way first.

My team:
    Grim Reaper Eddie (Max awakened) - Celestial / bespoke T3 (cosmic)
    Cosmic Lilith (Max awakened) - Niflheim / bespoke T3 (cosmic)
    Cosmic Shinobi (Max awakened) - Alchemy / bespoke T3 (cosmic)
    Moonchild (Max awakened) - Labyrinth / Echo (cosmic)

Enemy team:
    Thor Eddie (Max awakened) - Celestial / Serenity (cosmic)
    Lilith Nightmoon (Max awakened) - Sacred / Mark / Serenity (cosmic)
    Warrior Odin (Max awakened) - Ragnarok / Serenity (cosmic)
    Cosmic Lilith (Max awakened) - Aim / Serenity / bespoke T3 (cosmic)

I went first and used Moonchild's basic attack (Born to die) which got a perfect hit.
    Here's what's supposed to happen:
    - Moonchild's Born to Die deals one hit of true and one hit of magic damage to all enemies
    - The first hit on every enemy is blocked by Warrior Odin's passive.
    - All damage is blocked by the Celestial talisman.
    So in the end no damage should go through at all. All enemies should be immune to Doom and Stun through Lilith's and Thor's passive.

Here's what actually happened:
    - Moonchild's first hit on each enemy character got blocked.
    - Then every character received 5 hits of damage. The game showed the number in white, which means it's all true damage.
    - Then another blocked attack on each enemy. So in the end every enemy character got hit 7 times.
    - The attacks received by Cosmic Lilith were displayed as: Blocked!, 10664, 13639, 14219, 10664, 14219, Blocked!.
    - The damage received by Cosmic Lilith should't be more than 5% of her maximum hit points according to her passive. Max awakened Cosmic Lilith with this talisman setup has 32445 hit points. Add 50% to that granted by her bespoke T3 to get a grand total of 48668 hp. 5% of this number is a measly 2433 damage. With the numbers that were displayed it should've emptied her health bar, but we she lost only a small amount of the hp bar.

This is just turn one.
    In this video I've included the rest of my turn but cut the video short after that, because analyzing all the bugs and wrong interactions would take too much time. I can upload the full video if anyone's interested in that.

Users on this forum have been sharing bug reports diligently. We're at a point where the assumption that a character doesn't work as advertised is a regular occurrence. Add all the bespoke cosmic talismans on top and you get a steaming pile of thrash that people call Legacy of the Beast Arena.
    Frankly, it's a disgrace.

In the Q&A from last year (July 2019), one of the regular forum users asked a question about pvp inconsistencies. The answer that the developer gave was nice, but we're 10 months down the road and it feels like the issues only got worse.
    It's obvious that there's no proper QA testing. Why isn't this a priority?

I know some people are gonna say "it's all about money for NF" "they don't care about their player base" etc etc. We've all heard that before, but I'd like to hear a genuine response from the devs on this big issue. A decent amount of players likes to compete for a top stop in the highest bracket of this game mode, but all this broken stuff sucks away a lot of the fun we have. I can't imagine that the developers don't care about that, they love the game as much as we do, so why does this keep happening with most of the new stuff that gets released?
    Last edited by Brickster; 05-20-2020 at 10:58 PM.

OS
    Android
    I'm re-reading that Q&A thread and I had forgotten how pointless and non-answer the responses were. Here we are nearly a year later and very few things have come out of the issues we raised.
    Last edited by MuzakMaker; 05-24-2020 at 03:18 PM.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Thks for taking your time to write these things down. I also wanted to do something similar but there are so many things going around that's almost impossible to choose where to start. Besides, it takes a lot of time to make these posts. And this is, without overreacting, only 1% of bugs and issues happening here.

Not only celestials sometimes (like this video) arenīt working. Blocking damage is not working under some circumstances. Ie. Found a team at arena with Van Helsing Eddie being hit every single time (without passive disabled) etc. Every time I found that team, every team the same.

I honestly believe they gave up about arena long ago. I mean, it is clear that every Interaction among characters and Talismans itīs gone out of hands and they canīt just put it together.

Probably they :

-Code for a standalone Character and/or Talisman.
    -Probably that char/talismans just work in theory at the devs desk work.
    -They canīt (or just donīt) check every combination and variable in-game, so:
    -(mostly) that talisman/character just do not work in-game among all options and interactions.
    -Unless the char/talisman it's so but SO broken that everybody complains about that it's just left hanging there waiting for the next issue to happen.

Examples?

-90% of talismans released since Singularities arenīt/werenīt working as intended. It was when? one year ago? Impossible to keep track of them.

-Musashi character plus talisman was broken: infinite extra turns / only fixed about overwhelming complaints.

-Max Awakened Beast character plus in-game talismans combination: infinite extra turns / only fixed about overwhelming complaints.

-Banshee Talisman, it was a mess with it released, it was giving a "god mode" to the character and it was """"fixed""" / Today its currently still a mess, a broken talisman but nobody cares for it anymore so is not a deal to fix it properly.

-Cosmic Lilith Talisman also another mess but hey at least is doing something... like soul protect wtf....

-The Killer overriding talismans applying passives to the whole/ they just canīt fix it.

-Doom applied to chars that should be immune because of their skills or talismans / Everywhere

-Grim reaper Eddie Freezing dungeons/ Just now.

And all of these it's just what comes to my mind now, the most simples ones.

I did an impossible suggestion of having the chance to save in video every battle, I know its impossible to ask for this in-game (I donīt want third party software), but there are SO MANY things wrong going around at arena that it is overwhelming try to narrow it down. And sending videos showing the problem maybe helps?
    Last edited by Maiden; 05-21-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    I did an impossible suggestion of having the chance to save in video every battle, I know its impossible to ask for this in-game (I donīt want third party software), but there are SO MANY things wrong going around at arena that it is overwhelming try to narrow it down. And sending videos showing the problem maybe helps?
    We used to have a thread where we would post videos as many wanted to see how their defenses fared. It was quite popular for a while and a lot of Forum members actually wanted to see their teams filmed.

But i think you hit the nail on the head above. This game has been around for a while - there are so many combinations - and it's almost impossible for them to account for them all. The major ones like you have above? Baffling - though the big ones often do get tended to - but at the rate stuff comes out the fact is their small staff is more focused on new toons/talismans/events.

I took my new Odin for a spin in the Arena yesterday - I haven't played seriously in a while - and wow - it's obvious how a competitive player would get frustrated by all the little inconsistencies and bugs that can make/break a match. About the only thing that can be said is at least everyone is dealing with this and on the same playing field.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Arena?
    Oh...yes... it's about setting up a One-Eddie-Team or a Defenceless-Team to get most out of a boring Arena-Event.
    Who cares about bugs?
    Arena is just a joke!
    No need to fix it...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by URock View Post
    Arena?
    Oh...yes... it's about setting up a One-Eddie-Team or a Defenceless-Team to get most out of a boring Arena-Event.
    Who cares about bugs?
    Arena is just a joke!
    No need to fix it...
    I think it's best to abstain from comments like these.
    Clearly people care about arena. The fact that you don't doesn't matter.
    If you don't care about a certain subject, there's no need to downplay it, you can just ignore the post.
    With your comment you only instigate negativity.