Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Update from the News Frontier May 21st 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier

I am going to keep this week's update fairly short as there have been lots of other projects going on!

The Community team and I have been hard at work on an upgrade to the Ticket system that is currently in place. Right now, when you want to submit a ticket, you click on the 'Support' button in the Menu of the game and it opens a blank email. When the email is sent, 95% of these tickets that we see have no discernible differences from at glance and the team have to open every one just to see what the ticket is about. This slows down the process of answering tickets and means we have no way to prioritize any particular issue with effect.

Name:  Image.png
Views: 2412
Size:  8.0 KB

With that said. Our new system that will be coming on June 1st, will include options for you, the players, to select which section of the game that you wish to report on, and even then specify within that section. Here's an example!

Name:  Image2.png
Views: 2261
Size:  11.8 KB

These are some of the types of tickets that you can select from. Names and descriptions will change before launch and it has the ability to be updated at any time afterwards too!

Name:  Image3.png
Views: 2058
Size:  22.9 KB

This is what most of the ticket will look like as you are creating it.

All of this may make it a little harder to submit a ticket, but proper submission will let us effectively run through specific issues at a much faster rate. For example, we hope that this will help with finding and returning missing or incorrect purchases with a much faster turn around!

But that's enough of that. Keep an eye out for it on June 1st!

Giveaway Time!

Next week we will be announcing a new giveaway with (in my opinion) some great new gifts! As usual, there will be one winner. After the giveaway is over we will contact you and get it shipped as soon as possible!

Any idea's on what the winner might be receiving?

That's it from me this week. I hope you are all staying safe and staying home!

P.S - Still working on the Header for the News Frontier and still taking suggestions for maybe the Eddie or Ally you would like to see in it!

Signing off.

Ceeg
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    iOS
    This is a step in a decent direction
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    Any news as to when you'll be fixing the aweful talisman system that has been ruined over the last several updates?

OS
    Android
    Any news on why we are regularly seeing "Connection Errors", particularly when trying to run dungeons on Auto? I'm noticing that people from Aus and other far-flung countries (ie: not the US, usually who have ping times to the US of 150ms or higher) are the ones most notably seeing this (so no, not just me). It definitely seems like some sort of latency related issue. Comes and goes in waves too... I had like 5 connection errors in the space of ~5 minutes, then 5 good runs, then 2 more connection errors, then it settled down for a bit. Makes the Auto function pretty useless if you have to hit "OK" every couple of minutes.

Also, after every server reset, the game is REALLY slow. Interactions with the server (eg: store, getting rewards, etc) take forever, even more connection errors at the end of battles too, and particularly refreshing Arena is ALWAYS busted. Usually clears up after about 30-45 mins, but sometimes up to 90 mins. As you're restarting the server seems to cause this, could this be a caching issue that needs addressing? Perhaps you could prime the cache somehow with the necessary data (eg: all the user database records) or something?
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    Giveaway Time!
    Next week we will be announcing a new giveaway with (in my opinion) some great new gifts! As usual, there will be one winner. After the giveaway is over we will contact you and get it shipped as soon as possible!
    Any idea's on what the winner might be receiving?
    It's the game's 4th Anniversary in a couple of weeks right? Something related to that perhaps. Would love a chance at getting something signed by the dev team. One of the action figures, or even a nice art print would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cefiar View Post
    Any news on why we are regularly seeing "Connection Errors", particularly when trying to run dungeons on Auto? I'm noticing that people from Aus and other far-flung countries (ie: not the US, usually who have ping times to the US of 150ms or higher) are the ones most notably seeing this (so no, not just me). It definitely seems like some sort of latency related issue.
    Would it be possible for the game to automatically attempt to re-connect every few minutes? As another Australian, it's always a little risky setting up some afk auto-runs.
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Azagthor View Post

Would it be possible for the game to automatically attempt to re-connect every few minutes?
    this would be the best little quality of life fix you could possibly make and doesn't seem to be that hard to do i'd guess. as said before autotuns are pretty useless, when you have to click okay every few minutes. this way people could even run over night, so they will burn more resources, which should also favour you.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Perhaps take 3 persons recommendations for character ideas and create those characters in the game. Then allow people who answer a survey to get those characters free in the game.
    Also-please bring back old limited characters. I never got angry birds cyborg Eddie.

OS
    Android
    Name:  bucket.jpeg.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  39.1 KB
    Same odds as an event char lol

OS
    Android
    I hope all of these changes to the ticketing submission actually help. Waiting months to be told "tough luck" doesn't leave a good taste in the player's mouths and it's absurd that we have to resort to pestering you guys in dms and facebook.

If these tickets still take months all those extra steps will just continue the trend of treating symptoms and not causes.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Hmm, it seems I never get a response anymore to any of my bug submissions, even though I always put the explicit reason in the title. So will any of this actually help us, or just you, and result in more work and red tape for us?