Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Final frontier eddie - is he really all that good?

Was so excited to finally get him after months and months of the gauntlet grind. He's listed at the top spot, god status, for all eddies in the tier list, but from my initial testing, he seems a little overrated, outdated, and just not all that special compared to a lot of eds. Is it just me, does the tier list just need a little updating, or am I missing something here?

OS
    iOS
    What "tier list"? The only one I know if is player-generated and those tend to get old with the rapid release of new characters. It becomes quite a chore to keep up.

FFE was a beast when released.. but like ALL characters, they typically have 1-3 months if usability before they are surpassed by newer, stronger characters.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    I assume you’re going off of Grimdusk’s tier list.
    That’s not set in stone but more of a guide
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    Android
    I still use mine occasionally. His ability to stun/heal block/remove all beneficial effects(including golden) still comes in handy in gauntlet and some dungeons.

Honestly though, Ed tier lists are only as good as the talismans/toons they're paired up against. FFE is so high up on the list because there were fewer counters the last time it was updated.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Yes, that's the one. I find it extremely useful, and use it all the time. Again many thx to Grimdusk for maintaining this.

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...ight=Tier+list

So I guess he's just outdated then. Just a little confusing, seeing him still remain at the top of the list, even with all new eddies coming out and being ranked accordingly in the list, bumping others down. Anyone still find him pretty good, and still use him? Don't run into him that often in battles. Are there some talismans or teammates that will greatly improve him? Hope they update him a bit.

OS
    iOS
    I actually always disagreed with a couple things there. But it really all depends upon your play style... and as MuzakMaker posted.. talismans can be more important.

That list is merely Grimdusk's opinion, nothing more. Gambler, Angel, FFE have all been surpassed by others. And to list them before Max Awakened Thor, Cyborg, Viking, etc isn't how I'd list things.
    Last edited by Yup; 05-25-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    iOS
    Hello, I saw my tier list being mentioned so I wanted to chime in on reasoning behind this. FFE is worth getting, 100%. That's the first thing I will put out there; he is a reliable Ed for most situations, but you are correct in saying he is outdated. It is true that pretty much every Max Awakened Ed (aside from Viking, because he's not great) outdoes FFE, Angel, and Gambler. However, I think that they still deserve the spots because those Eddies can still be powerful in their own right. Gambler Eddie is still ridiculously good at clearing PvE, sometimes outpacing Cyborg just due to the sheer amount of damage he deals and the lack of a fury animation that wastes extra time.

One thing I should mention about the tier list; the actual order in which names go doesn't matter. I may fix this in the future, however this was a flaw in design from the start. Honestly, I was too lazy to figure out which Eddie is better than the others in ranking. Like, I think it's impossible to say whether Maxed GRE is better than Maxed Thor; they're both pretty good, and I wouldn't really have another way to put it. Maybe I will move FFE, Gambler, and Angel all down to SSS, however I feel that they all outclass the other Eds that are in SSS and lower. Like, Angel Ed definitely outdoes Benjamin Breeg in support. I think that, as others have stated, a large amount of this comes down to talisman choice. A Maxed Thor Ed with avenger and cyclone talismans will lose to a Van Helsing Ed with labyrinths every time in the arena. My tier list tries not to take talisman choice into consideration, as playing one Ed with a certain set of talismans can absolutely out do a higher tier Ed with less valuable talismans.

In short, my tier list isn't fact. FFE is outdated, but if we are to compare just his raw skills to the Eds that are lower than him on the tier list, I would say that he still holds up. I think if I were to move it, I would move a bunch of Eddies down a tier, or create a new "Awakened Tier" or something since the Awakened Eds (again aside from Viking) are in their own league of crazy bullshit. Thank you for reading the list though; at the end of the day I made it for fun and so that newer players could kinda get which Eds are valuable. As far as I see it, FFE is a stepping stone to the next tier of Eddies for players. He's likely the first God one you will acquire, so getting him essentially means you've made it to the top level, and there's only a bit left to get.

OS
    iOS
    Uhm.. Max Viking is a beast with proper talismans
    CLANLESS

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Yes, that's the one. I find it extremely useful, and use it all the time. Again many thx to Grimdusk for maintaining this.

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...ight=Tier+list

So I guess he's just outdated then. Just a little confusing, seeing him still remain at the top of the list, even with all new eddies coming out and being ranked accordingly in the list, bumping others down. Anyone still find him pretty good, and still use him? Don't run into him that often in battles. Are there some talismans or teammates that will greatly improve him? Hope they update him a bit.
    In my opinion, He is not only Outdated but its also extremely "expensive in time investment". Just to point an example, Only one year or so ago it wasn´t possible to buy so many different eddies (and so good) from the Frontier Store. And I´m not even talking about the hundred events and other options for newer eddies...

Even Maxing a Cyborg might be faster for a new player than getting him, so yes, sadly he is kinda disappointing. With proper talismans Benjamin it's far better than him.

Does that mean he's is bad? Not at all. Some of his skills are really useful and he's strong, but in relation to the effort you must do or the time you must wait, well...

However, again he is good in some Frontier specific scenarios but a little slow. He is still reliable with some Brave talismans. Even he may work better with Blight talismans. Anything without his Fury (which is as beautiful as it sucks) And despite the fact that Artifact gives you magic, its a really good set to keep you alive, and also let a window open for a Cosmic Talisman like Serenity. Always remember you need to keep really high his HP in order to do damage.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Uhm.. Max Viking is a beast with proper talismans
    I mean I've personally found him to be a pushover in Arena. He can't do much when silenced, and his maxed passive is kinda trash compared to GRE, Thor, and Cyborg. He's certainly not bad, I just feel like he's too easy to kill for a maxed sentinel Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    In my opinion, He is not only Outdated but its also extremely "expensive in time investment". Just to point an example, Only one year or so ago it wasn´t possible to buy so many different eddies (and so good) from the Frontier Store. And I'm not even talking about the hundred events and other options for newer eddies...
    I do agree there. I think he can be a hassle to get, with the gauntlet only awarding so many frags per refresh. I think, to be fair though, maxing Cyborg does take a bit longer than you'd think for newer players. They need to A. Play through BNW and get to the final level, B. manage to get a talisman key soul to drop, and C. farm the talisman dungeon until they get 6 cyborg awakening shards. That's not as easy for newer players as getting to rank A in gauntlet, at least I feel. Though again, I do agree that he is outdated in design. Hopefully he will receive some changes from the devs, as he is the only Ed obtainable from Gauntlet.