Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Suggestion to Allow You to Negotiate Infantry ("Say NI")

OK. It’s a stretch. ^^

Here’s the big picture: I’m about to propose something that isn’t a Dev. fix, which was always possible, which I’ve seen on a small scale happen on the Forums already, and which could allow us to make the most of a system we already have in place. It could be a fun, interactive, social experiment that can transcend and coexist with clans.

All you need to do is suspend your gut reaction and relinquish a little bit of personal control in order to gain an ability you’ve never had before.

So, troopers. They’re a bit of a lost art. You play them... some are Eddies, some are Allies, you get your badges or you don’t. It doesn’t really matter, but maybe it does now? Because some new and interesting things are becoming available for frags?

If you’re like me, you’re not experimenting with new trooper units from your trooper buddies anymore… you’re just playing them when you have time (on auto) and weeding out the guys/gals that aren’t active for guys/gals who are. Putting them all in, due to their variety, might be more hassle than it’s frankly worth. But maybe it’s worth it to try, because maybe then you won’t get dropped from anyone’s team.

What if you could choose what all of your trooper units should be, snap your fingers, and it would happen? What if your troopers, on demand, could all help you with clan or personal challenges all of a sudden instead of just being dead weight you had to drag? That’s as much a stretch as the title of this post, but maybe you could have most of that ^^ some of the time.

Here’s the play. We all join a discord server, “trooper friend” each other, and then coordinate our trooper toons and/or the talismans they wear. Everyone who subscribes to the idea relinquishes personal control over his/her champion, but then gets to request what everyone plays as their champion. Everyone then changes their champion as one in response to requests (which are voted on, and then announced). A certain choice of champion has a minimum cooldown (perhaps 48 hours, enough time for everyone to get on board with at least a day to take advantage of the situation) before it can change in response to new requests from the group. At worse, you subscribe to an idea that doesn’t help but doesn’t hurt you... and may help someone else. At its best, this could be awesome.

Side benefit? If we’re all in this together, no one’s going to drop you for playing goofy toons as champions.

This is not intended to be entirely serious or streamlined, and because of this and the “lemming/groupthink/hivemind” aspect of the plan, I am calling the discord channel in the link (and the group, as a whole) “The LoTB Knights Who Say ‘NI.’” We can be frivolous and intimidating at the same time. We can have fun and be functional (which isn’t exactly in the spirit of the Knights, but whatever). Who’s in? (If it's you, post here. Or join the discord!)

https://discord.gg/256M83W
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Interesting. To a limited degree people are already doing this. People put on the forum to have their troopers set their champion with zone talismans, or something similar to complete a challenge/mission. But there needs to be a shorter and better way to communicate with people with a fast turnaround.
    Then perhaps the developers might add trooper challenges to the game as well?

OS
    iOS
    I just want to play all troopers in LESS than 50 runs.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    I just want to play all troopers in LESS than 50 runs.
    And the problem is? If everybody wears an "avenger" set or whatever on their Eddies for an achievement. Does it change something to you? Eddies in the back seat as always it wouldn´t hurt anyone.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    Didn't say this would "hurt" anyone.. you're REALLY reading into that post.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Nah no worries, just asking.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    iOS
    But why though?
    Proud member of Jomsvikings/ A Part-Time Clairvoyant

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalKing View Post
    Interesting. To a limited degree people are already doing this. People put on the forum to have their troopers set their champion with zone talismans, or something similar to complete a challenge/mission. But there needs to be a shorter and better way to communicate with people with a fast turnaround.
    Then perhaps the developers might add trooper challenges to the game as well?
    Thanks for finding my idea interesting! More interest to be found on the discord. Interested? :-p. (I have seen the posts you’re talking about, I think... that’s the “small scale” I was referring to.)

OS
    Android
    Just have all 29 clanmates as your troopers and your clan can regulate their champs.
    Muzzleloader-8226.
    Axes grind and maces clash as wounded fighters fall to the ground
    Severed limbs and fatal wounding bleeding corpses lay all around

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleloader View Post
    Just have all 29 clanmates as your troopers and your clan can regulate their champs.
    Well, yes. That's why I said "...can coexist with clans." I am a first officer, and this ^^ is an idea that may seem to be a little wonky (although, I assume some clans may already be doing same/similar). So I'm not going to suggest to my clan that we all do it, the same way a teacher shouldn't talk politics during class. People may feel obligated instead of inspired.

Just looking for a little collaboration, as there are social opportunities to be had with this game outside of clans.