Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Updates from the News Frontier - May 28th 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier!

Another short one this week from Community as it's been a fairly quiet week while we ramp up to the beginning of June. Keep an eye out over the weekend for next months event list!

Today we started a new Giveaway for Official Iron Maiden Funko Pop characters! Follow the link below to get your Entries in!

https://gleam.io/rXwRA/iron-maiden-funko-pop-giveaway

Name:  Giveaway-Eddie-Funko-Pops.png
Views: 2275
Size:  880.1 KB

Our Survey Says!

Lastly, we are running another survey for Late May events. Please take the time, if you can, and fill this out. It will help us improve the events through your feedback!

Late May Events Survey

Signing off,

Ceeg
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    Android
    Submitted my response. Feel free to ignore it like everything else.

Highlights:
    Sacrifice event, nearly two months between this one and the last one. Monthly events should have about a month between them. Sacrifice especially while the keys take up space in the Book of Souls

No more time sensitive events while we still have the 10 second timer. We are losing multiple runs per key.

Finally, stop pushing out new content that is always broken. Instead take some time out and fix the ever growing pile of bugs. That way when a new bug is introduced, it doesn't get added to the bottom of a growing pile and we have to wait months(and in some bug's case years) for it to be fixed.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Add some more toons to the FC store. Seems long overdue.

OS
    Android
    How about a sale on some of the toons in the fc store as well?

OS
    Android
    Thanks for asking the community for feedback. The next step is giving the community the feeling they are heard, because right now it feels like a lot of our feedback falls on deaf ears.

Also, I have some feedback on the survey itself.
    On every page you ask "How much did you participate in the event?". Sometimes none of these choices seem good. Take the evolution event for example: I don't play several times a day just for this evolution event, but I do play several times a day for things like arena, gauntlet and just general farming. How would you want me to answer that question then? I don't want to give the wrong impression here.

Then there's "What did you think about the rewards for the event?". This question again isn't a good question for a survey, let me explain why. I can think the rewards are amazing, but the price tag on them is way to high. Do I then think the rewards are good or bad? Or something that requires a bit more nuance?

My point about the survey is: the questions you're asking us are too black and white. If you want to get a good impression on how the player base feels about events in order to improve them, you definitely won't have enough information with just these three questions.
    Instead of "What did you think about the rewards for the event?", you could ask players instead to give their opinion on a couple of separate statements (asking them to weigh in on a scale of "Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree").
    For example:
    • I enjoy these rewards.
    • These rewards are helpful for me to progress in the game.
    • I would like to see a similar reward structure in a future event.
    Last edited by Brickster; 05-29-2020 at 06:38 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Skip battle button... just display the outcome.... After all on auto-play it's all AI vs AI anyway.

Look at Idle Heroes to see how it just skips the battle if desired and then shows victory or defeat based on how the AI fights itself with your chosen team.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    Skip battle button... just display the outcome.... After all on auto-play it's all AI vs AI anyway.

Look at Idle Heroes to see how it just skips the battle if desired and then shows victory or defeat based on how the AI fights itself with your chosen team.
    To calculate it all at once would require bigger server capabilities, and we all know how that goes.

OS
    Android
    So Osiris and Number of the beast Eddie will be awakenable? The compendium tells so.

OS
    Android
    You could add the survey as an extra entry point for those giveaways.... just saying.

Agree with some comments above. Also, it didnīt feel right answering about rewards. I mean, sometimes the rewards are ridiculous but the event giving you frags with the option to buy another useful stuff its good. Those are not properly counted as rewards as you have to extra-do the event to have something interesting. So I had to clarify later. With such a concise survey you could end up with misleading information regarding the ambiguity of rewards.

Talking about the giveaway, I like this until now a little shy, the idea of giving merch. I am particularly more comfortable with the idea of supporting something through merchandising (or something real) than spending 100 pounds in a talisman that isnīt working. Have you seen the "Mystery Minis" from funko as well?

Finally, can we have a word from you regarding the multiple bugs and their current state or development? I even donīt know where to start...
    Last edited by Maiden; 05-29-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post

You mean something like this?

https://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/s...nstant-Feature

Been nagging about it for years (no clue what idle heroes is though)
    "Do you really want to be. Just another one statistic"
    Down Under Clan