OS
    Android

Do characters have a max damage to deal?

I've noticed playing with talismans on various characters that their ability to deal great amounts of damage is non-existent. Before awakening GRE I had his fury and magic both up above 3,000 and no real difference. He just didn't hit any harder. Are the older characters limited as to what they can do? I wonder.....

OS
    Android
    Not sure if there is a maximum, but it could come down to each abilities stat scaling. We've seen patch notes mention increased scaling for some abilities, which suggests the scaling isn't the same for all characters. If an older ability had lower scaling, an increase in stats wouldn't result in much extra damage. That could be what you've noticed?
    Azagthor-0732

OS
    Android
    Possible. RttH Eddie is mean with Ragnarok, but Carriage Rider with Oracles is still unable to do much damage. Even GRE is not that great after awakening. Maybe it's just me or my lack of something. I have most all the relics. Working on Magus, gunner and sentinel now.

OS
    iOS
    It used to be that all characters were pretty much maxed out at doing around 6-8K damage.... Across ALL their hits.. so if they did 3 hits of damage each hit would be around 1.5K, 6 hits then each hit did about 1K damage. And I believe character strengths were factored here. So 3 stars (Mummy Ed) only did a max of 3K damage while 5 stars (GRE) did a max of 8K. I am GUESSING here.

But that was some time ago. If you use a full power character WITHOUT any talismans, you will still see around 6-8k damage. Add skill shards and that may increase to 12-16k damage.

I think the 6-8 range is still used as a BASE factor, but then skills are added to increase damage or strength.. and talismans are WAY more powerful now than they were in the past. This is far more an app about talismans than base stats now. What with the blocking, damage reductions, etc.. it is relatively less important how MUCH damage a character does but more what damage BLOCKING is taking place.

A good blocking set on a low power character can make them more useful. Even if a character doesn't do a great deal of damage the other abilities may be useful. Destiny, Alchemy, Giant, Nefelheim all make Carriage Rider Ed more useful than he is with just standard 2-set talismans. (Oracles are way past any direct usefulness for a 6-set in my experience) Same as you point out for RthH Ed. Your'e right, Max Awakened GRE isn't a damage dealer really. He needs his Cosmic talisman.. and then it's more about abilities than damage dealt. Kind of like fighting Odin... Clansman Ed does minuscule damage there.. but he is still exceptionally useful due to abilities.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    True. I've been working to install more up to date talismans on my characters. I've not worried on CRE since the oracle's were installed and maxed. All my Eddie's are fully sharded. I really noticed CR in gauntlet when I was doing the Magus battles. That's what prompted this thread. The older Eddie's and toons quickly get benched for the newer. I get nostalgic and lament that the developers are just forgetting about these. If I want in it for the correction of sacrifice all of them. Only thing is, that's all that's keeping me in the game.