OS
    iOS

Update from the News Frontier June 11th 2020

Welcome to this week's News Frontier!

Just a couple of announcements and some Concept art to share today!

DownloadTV

In place of Downloadfest, this year they are live streaming past performances from all the artists that were planned to perform, including Iron Maiden! Along with the performances, there is going to be interviews and some surprises!

Name:  DL20_DLTV_Logo (1).png
Views: 3031
Size:  578.3 KB

DOWNLOADTV YOUTUBE

We will be Live tweeting and posting on Instagram throughout the Iron Maiden part of the show, releasing the Set list hopefully just before each song is played!

We have also increased the time limit on the Giveaway for the Official Iron Maiden Funko Pop models, to help cover any people who might be interested from the DownloadTV Community.

Treacherous Expedition Event switch-up

This Event was intended for release next week but has been switched with another event that will be announced on release! We are super excited about this new event and want to make it available for players sooner than we had planned.

Here's a little teaser for the upcoming event!

Name:  newdungeontease.png
Views: 2412
Size:  306.9 KB

We will also be releasing an updated June Event list soon, so look out for that!

Concept Art of recent releases

I am planning an "Interview with an Artist" for a future News Frontier! At the moment, the Art team are full steam on their projects so it will take some time. Feel free to help me out with some questions you would like to hear answers to!

Baphomet Concept

Baphomet is the 2nd of 3 planned Raid Bosses

Name:  baphomet_concept1-1 (1).png
Views: 3872
Size:  428.8 KB

The Pilgrim Concept

The Pilgrim is this seasons Gauntlet Spotlight ally. He has been in the works for a long time and we love him in the Studio.

Name:  ThePilgrim_Concept.png
Views: 3059
Size:  500.0 KB

And that's it from me this week, don't forget to tune in to DownloadTV this weekend! The broadcasts start on Friday, but Iron Maiden will be on Saturday! The link to the DownloadTV YouTube channel is up top of this post!

Signing off,

Ceeg
    Ceeg
    Social and Community Advocate

OS
    iOS
    The Baphomet art is really nice.. both in concept and in app. I think it's by far one of the better character designs overall.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I love these concept art, they look amazing. IŽd like to see more even from older toons, it would be fantastic to have an opportunity to watch every toon closer, to see the detail in them. I know it wonŽt happen but IŽd like to see (like in hundreds of games) one in-game screen where you can zoom in/out and handle your toon like a figure collection. The actual team interface doesnŽt allow to zoom or to fully rotate 360° every char.

On another topic, it is a little disappointing that in this post, which is the link with the community you donŽt address any of the inconveniences we have been having lately, like the overwhelming amount of events one after the other or the fail with the latest arena/gauntlet challenges...

cheers
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    TEST everything before You release it!!!
    Stranger-8205

OS
    Android
    These first 11 days in June have a (pardon my french) crapshow. Multiple grinding events stacked on top of each other, bugs preventing us from playing, bugs that distract from playing, and a complete lack of communication from the team.

I guess it was too much to expect that to be addressed in these pointless updates. Let's hope that this replacement event is actually ready to go live unlike almost everything else that has gone live lately.
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    The Baphomet art is really nice.. both in concept and in app. I think it's by far one of the better character designs overall.
    definetly agree, i think it's my favourite char designwise. the level is also really nice looking, excellent job there.

the funko pops are unfortunatly complete trash imo, wish you guys would do the design, then i would buy em all. but some of the iron maiden fan merch is really just a poor money grab....

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Seriously loving all the concept art, would love to see more of these in the future! Bap definitely has one of the coolest designs ever!
    Just really hoping that this planned event change will go smoothly. I have my doubts given the state of things lately, but we'll see..
    Deathbat-9018 - Caesar's Legion
    Ex-Romero's Legion First Officer

Your friendly neighbourhood Guide-ian Angel, a helpful source for Events and Missions alike.

Most wanted - 2019 Tour, Chords of Command, Day of the Dead, Hellraiser, Iron Mask, Legacy, Czar, False Gods, Merlin, Mystic Flame, Dark Road, Ed Hunter, Guy Fawkes, King Arthur, Life and Power, Cosmic Cyborg, Lone Star, Visions of Edorado

OS
    Android
    I have to ask, Re: this new event being a clan event, when we've already had 2 clan events overlapping (and both with issues at release) and damn near burning us out:

Who keeps coming up with this stuff? Can you please take their drugs away from them?
    Cef-6313
    "To summarise the summary of the summary: people are a problem" - Douglas Adams

Clan - Frogs of War

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceeg_LOTB View Post
    I am planning an "Interview with an Artist" for a future News Frontier! At the moment, the Art team are full steam on their projects so it will take some time. Feel free to help me out with some questions you would like to hear answers to!
    What a great idea

Would love to know what is involved in the full creation process. Walk us through the creation of a character, from the early design concept stages, to the final 2d artwork, and then how the mesh models and texture maps are created. What sort of considerations and restrictions need to be followed?

Siege of Montsegur hey, sounds like we'll be getting a Templar/Inquisition theme for a while.
    Last edited by Azagthor; 06-12-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    Azagthor-0732