Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    @muzzleloader unfair, how? Also, I never suggested doing this. My argument was that Raid rewards >>>>> anything else you can spend your time obtaining. And seeing as you brought it up (whereas I didn’t), spending ironite on blood is an investment that *could* pay out in ironite. It’s a gamble, but I think it’s more of a invest-in-the-stock-market level gamble than a buy-a-lottery-ticket. After all, killing Boppy can get you 85 ironite before clan souls are even considered. (Of course, that full kill is only really a full kill if you still have kill teams at your disposal come the end of the week. Otherwise, you’re just transposing a kill you would have gotten anyway.)

@musakmaker remember when I was the one asking for more blood inventory space and you were the one shouting, “No! Bad idea!” Also, I don’t know how you’re coming up with 12 blood over 7 days. My store tells me 5/day is the limit, which brings my figure to 35 additional blood with no other sources considered.
    I was saying I don't want Odin (or Bap by extension) to always have 100% health. Still a bad idea.

I got the 12 blood is just the blood you can purchase, 3 from each of the 3 frag types and 3 from ironite but I couldn't remember if any of them could be purchased multiple times a week hence the "(?)".
    Summon the strength of millenniums past, forged by the fire and flame
    I am the weapon of empires vast, Immortal is more than a name

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    You can keep buying blood for thor/valhalla frags until you are out of frags I believe.

And to the experimentation point... yeah I can see that.. but for me, that's only ever done AFTER we've hit SSS.. then I feel free to try any old rinky-dink team to see who holds up. But even then.. it's just for use later when rinsing and repeating

I don't think we need more blood space.. we just need more blood available.... there was a time with the 10 SOW was achingly slow to rebuild.. now, I'm often sitting on a few thousand... eventually bloods will be the same. Capped at 5 for the natural regen, but you can collect much much more. they are starting to drop more blood during events and from clan souls.
    Last edited by Yup; 07-14-2020 at 07:20 PM.
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Yup View Post
    You can keep buying blood for thor/valhalla frags until you are out of frags I believe.

And to the experimentation point... yeah I can see that.. but for me, that's only ever done AFTER we've hit SSS.. then I feel free to try any old rinky-dink team to see who holds up. But even then.. it's just for use later when rinsing and repeating
    That's when most of the experimentation is done for sure, but sometimes when I want to raid, both Odin X and Baph X are being worked on. Better to expirement in 9 than to just let a blood go to waste since I won't be able to play until more than 7.5 hours later.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    Ah. Practical consideration for you, though (and actually a practical consideration.. this is not part of the larger argument): IX is a pretty good approximation for X Odin, but not so much Boppy. Those Vipers make him hit basically twice as hard.

If you’re experimenting in Boppy IX, you should at least equip like he’s going to inflict Perfect Disable on you otherwise and maybe consider bringing an anti-revenge toon. (If your team works IX with anti-revenge it should work X. No way to know if you don’t bring that toon.)
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntwothree View Post
    Ah. Practical consideration for you, though (and actually a practical consideration.. this is not part of the larger argument): IX is a pretty good approximation for X Odin, but not so much Boppy. Those Vipers make him hit basically twice as hard.

If you’re experimenting in Boppy IX, you should at least equip like he’s going to inflict Perfect Disable on you otherwise and maybe consider bringing an anti-revenge toon. (If your team works IX with anti-revenge it should work X. No way to know if you don’t bring that toon.)
    Already ahead of you there but let's hope someone else sees this who needs to.

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    Android
    Henlo, not sure what about the discussion but just wanted to say that Raid Bosses were really boring for me until I started to create strategies for them and experimenting a lot, that was rather funnier for me than the raid itself. Then, when you started to win, your strategies succeeded and got a lot of rewards raiding itself became a habit, a custom, you could even play them in auto. (That also the reason I asked in another post the option to play against Raids for practice but with no rewards) If only we could swap talismans sets in one fell swoop

*off topic /off
    "Is it me or is it shadows that are dancing on the walls"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
    Henlo, not sure what about the discussion but just wanted to say that Raid Bosses were really boring for me until I started to create strategies for them and experimenting a lot, that was rather funnier for me than the raid itself. Then, when you started to win, your strategies succeeded and got a lot of rewards raiding itself became a habit, a custom, you could even play them in auto. (That also the reason I asked in another post the option to play against Raids for practice but with no rewards) If only we could swap talismans sets in one fell swoop

*off topic /off
    /*Continuing the off topic

I can understand from a game design perspective of not wanting to do that. 500 Ironite is not cheap according to their store so getting free chances to design and play with a team could make it almost too obtainable.

That being said, with the current set up as long as you have a clean up team and your clan knows what you're doing(or you clean up before they notice) the loss towards final raid total is negligible provided you don't do this too often.

ending off topic*/

MuzakMaker-3591

OS
    iOS
    /*reopening of the off-topic

If you have a teammate enter after you (while you are still inside), any partial amount you leave will be cleaned up by the time you get out, victory or no. That’s even better than having someone clean up your mess.

/*off topic, but bridging back to the OP

However, maybe the dev team would go for a variant of this dry-run idea (crack at the boss, but no rewards) if it cost you something, but something less valuable. I hate to propose another new currency, so maybe like 1/day you get a crack at the boss that requires no blood and offers no rewards. This would be less generous than ramping up blood (which for the record I don’t like, and I don’t like b/c I would feel obligated to use it and spend even more of my time raiding and even less doing everything else), but more generous than nothing. And it would allow you to spend your blood (a precious commodity) perhaps more wisely.

/*on topic, maybe?
    Leader, The Hobbitses (a.k.a. Down Under 2)

With grave peril comes grave invisibility...
    Keeping The Eye off the prize since Rivendell.